http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/vaginalrepublicans.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,651 • Replies: 13

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 08:59 am
Ha! that's funny.

But, is this issue really so party line?

Or is the media telling us that?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 09:20 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Ha! that's funny.

But, is this issue really so party line?

Or is the media telling us that?

nothing is 100%, there are assholes in the democrat party as well , but it's WAY more a republican thing.
parados

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 10:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
But this isn't a case of assholes. It's a body part that's close to the asshole.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 07:27 pm
@parados,
taint far....true enough
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2012 09:53 am
I think you are referring to the Virginia ultrasound bill? I'm a little confused on whether the bill is going to forward or not.

Va. senator to kill amended ultrasound bill

If I understand it correctly, they have dropped the invasive ultrasound but still require a woman to have a external, transabdominal ultrasound before getting an abortion.

Setting aside the whole abortion debate, once again I think republicans are just trying to go around the current laws and putting extra road blocks on women to make their own decisions. Treating women like children who must be shown what it is they are doing, I think it is demeaning and I have never been a big feminist in the past, but these last few months have been turning me into one.

Apparently there are already laws where you have to have ultrasounds to determine the age of the fetus for both legal and health reasons. There is no logical need for new laws other than the pro life crowd trying to insert their will into women's lives and causing women to have to be public about abortions.
parados

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:56 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

But this isn't a case of assholes. It's a body part that's close to the asshole.

On second thought..

This is probably vagina envy by a bunch of assholes.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:26 pm
The envy is spreading.

Alabama Bill Could Require Women To Undergo Invasive Ultrasound To Convince Them ‘To Keep The Child’
roger

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:29 pm
@revelette,
Agree completely.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:09 pm
@revelette,

Isn't spreading contributory to the entire debate?
parados

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Somehow the terms spreading and assholes leads us back to santorum.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:50 pm
@parados,
no argument here
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:13 am
In any event, the Alabama lawmaker has backed off the invasive ultrasound but still insist on an ultrasound and even allow a rapist to sue a doctor who aborts the fetus/unborn baby.

Quote:
In a Virginia-like turn around, the sponsor of a bill in the Alabama legislature mandating a physician “to perform an ultrasound, provide verbal explanation of the ultrasound, and display the images to the pregnant woman before performing an abortion” says he will water down his measure to give women more say over the procedure. SB12 will no longer require “a woman seeking an abortion to first undergo an ultrasound in which a doctor or technician inserted an ultrasound transducer, or wand, inside her,” State Sen. Clay Scofield (R) explained in a statement Monday, allowing the woman to determine which “method of ultrasound that she would be more comfortable with.”

Under the measure, physicians and technicians who failed to administer the ultrasound prior to an abortion could still face up to 10 years in prison and a $15,000 fine. The bill does not provide exceptions for rape an incest and would allow “the woman, the father of the fetus or the grandparents to sue the physician for “actual and punitive damages.” Critics also charge that the provision would permit “a rapist to sue a doctor who aborted his victim’s baby.”

Last week, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) backed away from supporting the same measure after almost 1,000 women protested the measure and national media mocked the extreme bill. He explained that he backtracked after the state’s attorney general told him that “these kinds of mandatory invasive requirements might run afoul of Fourth Amendment law.”

source

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 12:41 pm
I don't get the current GOP. If I made up my mind to commit suicide I'd do it fast.
0 Replies