Amazing story!!!! Well its amazing to me :)

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:46 pm

i came across this a while ago and i was so pissed because i had never heard of this place in Florida or the brilliant man who built it...Edward Leedskalnin was no more then 5ft and around 100 pounds and he created a beautiful world out of stone ALL ON HIS OWN! Yip moving the stones to the location he used some tractor but apart from that his legacy he made with only hand tools...He only worked at night so no one knew that he was building this. All the people who lived in the area where he was building it said that they never heard or witnessed the use of any heavy machinery...The reason why i always remembered him because he said 'I KNOW THE SECRETS TO THE PYRAMIDS AND IF HE COULD LEARN THEM SO COULD YOU"But he died before telling anyone...With only a fourth grade education but his family have a working background in stonemason work.
It is said he built this for his bitch of a fiance Agnes Scuffs, long story short she was 16 and he was 28??, fell in love had the wedding planned and BANG! she calls it off the day before the wedding breaking his heart and he began building this for that BITCH...(sorry)...Check out the link to Coral Castle...

FYI: They moved the whole complex....There is a 2 ton door in part of it that used to open with the force of a four year old's little finger, but now that it has been moved it doesn't open so easily. All they found at the original site was a primitive lever and pully system and a crank radio wave device.
(Reading material)
http://coralcastle.com/

(Discussion)
http://youtu.be/naj8VzcDa-w

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND VISIT ONE DAY!! I AM SO GOING ONE DAY:DD
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,575 • Replies: 0
No top replies