What Have You Done that is Special?? Or what is a Hidden talent you have? (All Welcome!!)

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 02:50 am
What is a special hidden talent you have? Or have done? Or can do?

Just interested, because I would like to know a little more about the people I talk to...And put a face to the posts, and pics, or avatars...

My Special talent is something that I have accomplished....

I have bowled (more than 1) perfect 300 game in a standard game of ten pin bowling....

I have done it sanctioned...which means it is recognized by the association who regulates awards...and inscribes your name in the Hall of Fame...

My award was a ring, like people get from winning sports championships...But it is not quite as blingy...it looks like a class ring actually...

This is what it looks like...Go to the top of page...First silver ring you see...

http://bowling200.com/300s.html

So what have you done, that is special or stands out? That most don't know about you....???

View best answer, chosen by XXSpadeMasterXX
Fido
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:08 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My greatest achievements were few... The most difficult thing I ever learned was how to read, and to read after learning... The most dangerous thing I ever learned was how to ride a bike.. I never want to see that much blacktop up close ever again...

I just bought my first bowling ball... And I have three words for you... Yabba, dabba and do...
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 12:46 pm
@Fido,
I once built an entire entrance foyer out of beer cans on end. It was in an apartment I lived in before grad school. the beer can foyer was made of heineken and red white and blue. the colors were neat.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 02:21 pm
@Fido,
I agree, I actually do not operate a vehicle...and yes, riding a bike sucked to learn!!!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
That sounds very cool indeed...I wish you had a pic so that we could see it to visualize it...Sounds awesome indeed!!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
"Special?"

I was once on a committee for homeless children, as a volunteer, preached for help (so to speak) via TV, and I'll always regard that as a special thing, and something I'd like to do again later when work doesn't consume me, as well as other causes...

I used to Manage Restaurants, some 17 years in total, and sang all the Bridal Waltzes, Mothers Day Functions and Saturday evenings, after a quick swift port, never could work out why I was always nervous, at first.. Guess that's why I admire Whitney Houston's talent.. Was going to follow that direction, "singer" except they kept wanting me to go on the couch? And, well morals wouldn't let me Smile

There you go I wrote two Smile

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks a lot...that's not bragging...those things are indeed admirable, and commendable...And should be shown about your personality...thanks for sharing...I now regard you even higher than I had previously had!!! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks a lot for the volunteer work...

I have worked in a food bank myself....

And Chights does volunteer work too!!! Habitat for humanity...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:19 pm
@Fido,
Fido, that reminds me of trying to learn to skateboard...I hit the black top so many times..Do you remember when you burn your palms against the pavement? and feel that ridiculously awful burning in your palms??

The only trick I ever learned to do on a skateboard was to flip the board 90 degrees while I was riding it...So If I was leading with my right foot..I could flip it while riding it, so that my left was now in front...Never figured out how to jump with the board...and that is all I really wanted to learn...After falling so much...I gave up...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It reminds me, if I may (hi-jack) Smile , when I was 13.

Roller bladding at the school hall. I fell so many times that my elbow was swollen out like a balloon. My Mother I recall just shook her head, whilst I continued to get up, try again until I mastered it.

Never did it after that. Get back out there and try again, until you succeed XXS you are still but a young one Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Naw, Do not even care about it anymore!! lol...Was fun then...But I am not interested in it anymore, or I would....

Matter of fact, I have not touched a bowling ball since 2005...And I do not plan to do it again...I use my knowledge and help teach others...that is more appealing to do...I had my fame, I am off the stage and out of the building!!!

And no, your not hi-jacking...IF it even happens, you can see who is doing it and not...
roger

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:25 pm
@Fido,
That reminds me of learning to tell time. To this day, I refuse to wear a digital watch. I've got waaaaay too much time invested in learning to read analog. Note that at that time, there was no need to call it analog as there were no digitals.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:28 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Or you learnt that striving for something to succeed, is all you needed.

That being done, now you wish to use that to help others along that path Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
yup!

Well said...I learned it was more fun to watch others go from well below average to respectable, because it hits home, and goes to my heart with how I felt when I got to those levels, and beyond, like they may someday...More appealing, than that of puffing my chest out about how great I was, or could be...
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I can whistle by inserting two fingers onto my rolled tongue and blowing. I can whistle so loudly that I hurt my own ears.

My mom taught me how. In HS I was that guy at the games who would drown out the clapping by an ear splitting whistle.

We were standing around a cranberry bog in MAine once and we were taking pictures (it ws in September just before the harvest and the cranberries were bright red). A moose came up to the bog and was gonna chow down. I whistled at him and scared the crap out of him (it wasnt the rut yet). He went in to a high step prance into the woods just like a dressage horse
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
lol

I always wished I could do that...

I learned when I was much younger to produce a very high pitched whistle by putting a shell of an acorn between your thumbs, and blowing into the shell of a acorn
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
**** I couldnt do that.What is the least number of thumbs that youd need to accomplish this whistling?
I remember taking maple tree seed pods and using them as a screech maker.

I used to be able to drive really fast in rverese. I would win many a race as a kid until one time a friend and I had a race in reverse and he plowed into a car coming out of a driveway. That was back in the day when parents would severely beat their kids for punishment.
Life was primal back in the 60's and seventies.

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 05:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ummm all that comes to mind is i lost weight lol i made it to 120 kgs when i was 12, I'm 176cm in height so i didn't look that bad hahahaha I wasn't lazy or anything lol just an emotional eater, Anyways lost weight slowly over the years made it to my third year in high school i was made captain of my basketball team and today at 23 i am...not giving my weight hahahaha but happy at this size Smile Here's me on my birthday that passed. Wink

http://able2know.org/user/mrsvishous2012/
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:11 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
I seen your pic...Your very pretty....

I am not a tall male...5'8'' tall...I am probably one of the best all around basketball shooters around...Even collegiate and Pro level included...I have lost maybe 3 or 4 games of horse, in probably 1000+ games or so, against good-great players...Problem is...Is that I am so small for even a point guard...No one would even give me a shot...When I was in school, I was probably around 5-2 or 5-3....They didn't even look my direction...

As you can see from my original post, I was, and am an athlete...Bowling, basketball etc...And honestly out of all of them, I would say I was the best at baseball...I ran close to 23 mph, and can throw a baseball over 335 feet in the air, and over 95 mph...Which is really incredible given my size and stature....
Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I can make my nose pop...

like a knuckle.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:14 pm
@farmerman,
I have always seen it done with both of them...You put the shell between them both...Almost like a praying position of the hands but not folded...So you can picture it...with the 2 thumbs up, your fingers behind them, and the shell between the little narrowing of the thumbs, and if you do this you will see your hands make a slit...If you put the shell in there and blow thru it...It makes a high pitched whistle....
0 Replies