What Have You Done that is Special?? Or what is a Hidden talent you have? (All Welcome!!)

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:15 pm
@Rockhead,
I have seen people do that too!!

Actually, I like how I can make my tongue into a 3 leaf clover looking thing....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:53 pm
@farmerman,
Honestly, I think you could do it farmer....It may sound complicated...But it is one of those things were if someone who can do it was to show you how...You would be able to pick it up quickly...It really isn't hard to do...I just thought it was interesting, and went along with your whistling post...

I bet 60-70% of the population could do it...
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Oh thnx Smile...Well with basketball i so don't believe you have to be tall Smile yip it's an advantage but i had a girl in my team who was 5ft and she could out do a lot of the guys at my school who were 6ft and that Smile But that's awesome you are one of the besst shooters around you're area Very Happy That is so crap that they didn't give you a try because of you're height :\ there loss the idiots smh lol

I saw!! bowling is sooooo freaking hard! i have only played one game and it pissed me right off because i lost out of the whole group hahahaha always thought it was easy, but most sports it takes practice and a more to it mentality then knocking things over hehheehe Oh baseball:D We call that softball in my country but yeah not good at that sport either since one game at school the ball was hit right in my face hahahahaha You must be one of those all rounders when it comes to sports Smile Awesome! Nah size or stature shouldn't even matter, it's all in the persons mind frame Very Happy Humans are capable of greatness Wink
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:05 pm
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
Yeah, I have been drilled in the face by my coach in practice...and this guy was built!!! he could have easily been a pro...there was a superstar pitcher in our area, who was going pro...and the biggest reason we won the championship one year...He threw 96+ in high school, and was going to sign with the braves or diamondbacks, but busted his arm going to college to develop, and make more money...kinda sux the story, but anyways...my coach was hitting 400+ feet bombs off of him just playing around one day....

Yes, bowling is hard...One of the biggest things in bowling is patience...

It is much more of a thinking sport....than anything else...Once you get the muscle memory down, kinda like shooting a free throw...

Every time going for a 300, my right knee went numb...in my approach to release the ball...
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 09:15 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My Special talent is something that I have accomplished....

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I have bowled (more than 1) perfect 300 game in a standard game of ten pin bowling....

I have done it sanctioned...which means it is recognized by the association who regulates awards...and inscribes your name in the Hall of Fame...

My award was a ring, like people get from winning sports championships...But it is not quite as blingy...it looks like a class ring actually...

This is what it looks like...Go to the top of page...First silver ring you see...

http://bowling200.com/300s.html

Congratulations! Very Happy That's quite an accomplishment! Smile

What I'm about to say is not special to people, nor should it be. But it is special to me.

Several years ago out of concern for my physical and mental health (not to mention doctor's orders), I joined a local health club and hired a personal trainer to work with me on a bodybuilding program. I didn't join because I had an athletic background. To the contrary, as I was growing up and throughout my young adulthood, I had never had any interest in participating in sports. I didn't even have any desire to watch any games or athletic events. I guess the sports bug never bit me. But I was ashamed of being physically weak and for not having a muscular build.

I dreaded the mandatory P.E. of my youth because it was centered exclusively around sports. There wasn't any mention of exercise programs, which is what is most beneficial to nonathletic kids. So, I was slightly apprehensive when I joined a local health club.

But the experience has been great! My health club experience has turned out to be completely different from the mandatory P.E. of my boyhood. The local health club is like a community to me. Working with a personal trainer has even been psychologically therapeutic. When I started, I weighed (at a height of five foot ten) around 167 pounds. I now weigh 194 pounds! Most of the weight gain has been an increase in muscle mass. The progress I've made so far has been accomplished only through a lot of time and effort. That means dedication and hard work. I'm still far from my goal; but even though I have several complicating health problems, I feel confident that I can eventually accomplish my goal. And I'm not even a young guy (although I look more than ten years younger); I'm 61 years old!

For the first time in my life, I've begun to feel comfortable with my body. I love the feel of physical strength. I didn't know what I was missing. I certainly can understand why some guys who take up bodybuilding become narcissitic, especially if they felt ashamed of their bodies previously.

I hope I haven't come across as a self-absorbed jerk. I've just been amazed to discover what I had been missing for so many years. Bodybuilding is a great builder of self-confidence. I would have benefited from it greatly when I was a teenager. (Incidentally, I'm not a health nazi. I apply my personal standards and expectations only to myself. I couldn't care less what other people do or don't do with their bodies. It's none of my business.)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:42 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr

If I may.

That is special, it started of as an (order) but as you progressed, you saw results and it gave you self worth, made you who you are, that being wow, happy, loving this, love doing this. And the end results speak for themself.

That is what discovery is all about, thy self.

Hey XXS Smile

Well done, I for one can appreciate the feeling of any achievement made, so you need to feel proud and lose that word jerk Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:15 am
@FOUND SOUL,
lol, I did not say it, It was wm...Who said he didn't want to be a self-absorbed jerk...

I do not know what you were referring to, to me about an accomplishment or if it was meant toward Wmwcjr...But he is the one who said the word jerk...So I do not understand your post to me...

OK I got ya, after rereading it...You were just saying hi to me...And meant it for wmwcjr...ok, Hi, found good morning from here!!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 07:59 am
@wmwcjr,
Great accomplishment!!, not a jerk at all!!...If you have not read your p.m.

I have sent you one!!! Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:28 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
LOLS

I was saying Hey XXS, to the above statement not the below paragraph LMAO not really, laughing, when I re-read that, I can see how you took it Smile

Morning XXS Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 02:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
you can call me Spades...or Ryan if you would like too
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ok, Ryan Smile

That's more personal......

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
yeah, but now that I think about it, I don't like the XX at the beginning of my name...People call me XX...Which is my fault not theirs...But the XXSpadesMasterXX...the XX Are just a fancy way to put SpadesMaster that stands out...I wish I could change my name to Spades....
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Oh dear,

Well that's simple Spades Smile We'll just call you spades and you sign off on your threads as "spades" and others will catch on Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Good idea!...I will do that! thanks! My mind is in a fog right now!! Wink Wink Very Happy

Spades....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:25 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Don't let anyone ever tell you, your not smart...If you can "out think" a Prophet of God at times Razz Razz Wink Very Happy J/K than you know your smart!!!

Spades...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Have I upset you??

Spades...
0 Replies

Tapout89

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 01:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm trained in judo, kickboxing, and jiu-jitsu and I use to wrestle with John Cena back when we went to college together. So I guess that is both a talent and something special?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 06:41 am
@Tapout89,
John Cena? Really? Cool!
Tapout89

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 07:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
He was kind of an ass but other than that he was ok.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 08:56 am
@Tapout89,
Did you take him down or pin him?