Constant Sign in Errors on Chromebook...

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2022 01:31 pm
On my school chromebook I have constant sign in errors and I don't know why. I've looked up the issue on Google but got no helpful solution so I decided to ask here.

Basically whenever I don't use the laptop for an hour or more, when I try to start using it again, it'll have a notification on the bottom corner of my screen that says "sign in error" and some smaller text telling me to sign in again.

All of my accounts that I had signed in to before, google, school websites, even this website, whatever else, will be logged out and I have to log back in. Often on any Google program, like classroom or gmail, if I log in it does nothing, I get locked out, and I have to completely close out the tab and reopen it to use the program again.

This isn't a huge deal, but it is super annoying, and has made me late to zoom meetings in the past. There have been a couple times where I can't sign in to google at all no matter what I do, and I have to completely restart the entire computer.

What do you think is causing this issue? How do I fix it? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,309 • Replies: 3

jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 07:23 am
@Kayster ,
I’m a MAC user so I don’t know much about PC’s but who knows, it could be a virus or your school has installed a firewall that is blocking saved passwords once the computer goes into sleep mode.
Kayster

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 03:34 pm
@jcboy,
You're right, I think it could have something to do with a firewall.Thanks
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 05:31 pm
@Kayster ,
You're welcome young lady, good to have you hear, you can talk to anyone here about anything. Stick around Razz
0 Replies