Is it normal to think about death constantly?

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:30 pm
I need help fast! I am going insane, i think about death constantly, and not in i like death. But in a i am scared of death way. Like if im in a car and if something smells weird/or if something is out of the ordinary i think oh, is this car going to blow up, or im going to crash and then i freak out. Or if im in the house and if something smells i think its going to explode and i have to go outside and calm down. I cant take these thoughts, im going insane, hey are ruining my life, and stoping it. I cant go anywhere without thinking about death. I dont know what this is. But i dont know what to do. How do i stop?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,630 • Replies: 15

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:37 pm
Where are you?
Where is your local mental health clinic?
Call them.

Now.
Joe(I am serious. I have been there.)Nation
smileyfrown17

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 07:57 pm
@Joe Nation,
Im in minnesota, Im only 17, but wait a mental place? i dont want to think that im crazy. But ill try to call.
chai2

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:08 pm
@smileyfrown17,
smileyfrown17 wrote:

Im in minnesota, Im only 17, but wait a mental place? i dont want to think that im crazy. But ill try to call.

Not a mental place.....A mental health place.

chai(best thing I ever did was make that call)tea
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:08 pm
@smileyfrown17,
(651) 454-0114

Joe(go now)Nation
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 08:39 pm
@smileyfrown17,
You can also call the national toll-free number, they'll be able to direct you to a medic somewhere in your area. Call now, and good luck to you Smile
Quote:
Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK
0 Replies

MsReady

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:59 am
@smileyfrown17,
You have necrophobia, don't panic just seek help... Sometimes you can do it yourself, you are strong enough, just by googling but if not, take it to the next step.... I have a strange fear of my skin ripping, I don't know why...
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 06:47 am
Worry is concern gone compulsive.

This is causing you distress. Sit down with someone and talk about it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 06:57 am
or stop thinking about it negatively, and start thinking about it as a blessed sweet relief from the everyday **** that is life
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 10:02 am
The OP is not suicidal. He/She FEARS death.

There are obsessions/compulsiveness going on.

There's no death wish, there.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 10:53 am
@PUNKEY,
1. You do not know that.
2. There is treatment for obsessive behavior.
3. Mental health counselors know about those treatment(s).

edit, adding a 4. Two people who do know what they are talking about posted before you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 11:52 am
Osso-

So what makes you think I have never thought about suicide?

I did, after my husband died. It was one fleeting moment, very intense and very powerful. I was not afraid of it. It did not repulse me. I thought it would put me out of my misery.

Re-read the OP's post. It is not suicidal, IMHO.

But we will let the OP respond and tell us for sure.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
You stated it as fact, Punkey, that smileyfrown is not suicidal. You are not a mental health professional, that I know of, are speaking from your own one time experience that is not similar to hers or his. Whether or not there is anything like death wish going on, smileyfrown is having a serious crisis with the death obsession, and talking it out with a friend or advisor is not the immediate answer. Talking with a mental health professional is.

The numbers other posters gave for access to professional counsel would be a good way to find a clinic near her or him.
0 Replies

smileyfrown17

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 04:24 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, im not suicidal, im deathly afraid to die! I mean i have been depresse where i thought about it, and wish it. But thats just the depression taking over my mind, and you dont care about life. Anyway im not depresse right now, im far from it, i just have these fears that take over me. Unlike depression it dosnt go away. Today, i had to go icefishing for the first time, which involves driving on the ice. I was deathly ill, all i thought about was in going to die, this ice is going crack, and im going to fall through. I did take some breaths, but i found out none has fun around me, cause of this.
0 Replies

smileyfrown17

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 04:31 pm
@MsReady,
Necrophobia, i checked it out. Sounds like it. Yeah im going to, i cant live in fair nomore.
0 Replies