"It's A Long Fly Ball To Left" - The A2K Fantasy Baseball Thread

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 07:57 pm
In looking at the league settings, there appear to be a few changes from last year ... I'm not sure whether Rhys intended these changes, or if they are accidental.

"Max Acquisitions per Week: 6"

Previously, we have not had a weekly limit to acquisitions.

"Min Innings Pitched: 7"

Last year, minimum innings was 10.

"Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL"

Last year, we had the following roster positions: Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Thus, this year we have an extra Utility position, and extra Pitcher position, and one less DL position.

My recommendation would be to stick with the positions we have had in the past.

"Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)"

Last year (and years prior), we had the following batting categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Caught Stealing (CS), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG)

"Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)"

Last year's pitching categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Complete Games (CG), Shutouts (SHO), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Blown Saves (BSV)

Of course Rhys didn't have the benefit of being able to just copy last year's settings, since he wasn't the commissioner last year.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 08:00 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
i have it on good authority that 11:30pm is past the skinny pups bed-time...

That's 9:30 Arizona time ... which is nearly past my bed-time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 07:22 am
The Pups get tired. It's all the barkin'.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 02:35 pm
Still just six players in the league. We are waiting on the others who have indicated an interest. No urgency yet, of course.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 04:26 pm
I have been listening today to NPR's WBUR due to my local stations having on-air fundraisers.
I hear today that the Red Sox equipment truck has arrived in Fort Myers, Florida, and catchers and pitchers will show up on Sunday.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 05:20 pm
@realjohnboy,

a few players are already down there, including SP jon lester...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 02:35 pm
7 players have signed up to participate. There is room for 5 more.
George forwarded Tico's comments about the settings to Rhys. Rhys has made a number of changes as a result. Please review them and make suggestions for further tweaking.
The draft is now scheduled for 8:30 pm ET on Saturday, March 3rd.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 07:56 pm
@realjohnboy,
Absinthe Dreams has joined in to get us to 8.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Now there's a team name!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'll have to work up an icon for this or I'll be ever confused..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Fbaezer.
fbaezer

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:58 pm
I agree with Tico on the DL category. Having only one DL spot is waaay too tough for everyone.

One of my personal plusses of playing A2K Fantasy Baseball, besides hanging out with you guys, is the diversity of categories. The 5x5 format is too simple. I agree with Tico on that one, too.

My promise for this year is not to make a stupid goodwill trade with any player who messes up his draft.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 04:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
Really?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 04:13 pm
@fbaezer,
Agreeing with more than one DL.
Also like diversity of categories.
Find March 3 a bit soon.

Adds, I generally agree with Tico, only category I'd be fine with giving up is a second catcher.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Two DL positions to me seems a better idea. I liked having two catchers but certainly a participant could put a 2nd catcher in one of the utility slots.
I agree with Osso that March 3rd is too early for the draft.
I didn't quite comprehend Fbaeser's comments about 5x5 or whatever.

Perhaps, Tico, you could assemble your ideas along with ours and talk with Rhys about tweaking the game a bit. Thanks.
fbaezer

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
5x5 means the 5 basic and pitching categories, rjb.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

5x5 or whatever.

Now this "whatever" thing seems to me a bit rude.
It would suffice to write: "5x5 or I don't give a **** about what fbaezer is talking about"
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:49 pm
@fbaezer,
A bit early for trash talk, Pancho.
I wasn't sure is 5x5 was the term you used and I had no idea what that term meant.
jespah

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:54 pm
I'm fine with having only one catcher. That position just isn't that deep these days. But we need to have 2 DL slots.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 06:00 pm
@jespah,
Sloe fizz dog team is still trying to remember baseball as a sport. More time is good. (I was out of it last year).
0 Replies