Is This Justifiable Assault?

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 12:23 pm
Got a collection notice on a bill I paid the very day I got it. Needless to say a medical bill eh? I called them, they recognized that it was an error but also acknowledged they'd already turned it over to the credit bureau and there was nothing they could do about that. I told the guy if I could scrape up a round trip ticket to Des Moines and bail money I'd fly out there and kick his ******* teeth in. Waiting for the police to knock on my door. Evil or Very Mad

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 12:33 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
There are certain things that are justifiable assault. I've experienced some myself - I think this one qualifies.

I will stand up for you court and say so if you need a witness.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 01:27 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Here's my example of justifiable assault - on superbowl sunday, I stopped at BJs (like a Costco) to get ribeye steak - that's it. They do have a line 8 items or under so fortunatlely I spied there was only one person in that line. I walk up - the dumb lady has over 20 items!

I have only my two packs of ribeye steaks - so she checksout -the dam clerk doesn't say a thing - this is a case for justibiable assault.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 02:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Nothing they could do?!

UN hand it over to the credit bureau? Make a phone call? Send a letter? Physically go ove and retrieve the paper work?

Ridiculous.
0 Replies

RexDraconis111

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 03:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I'd call that justifiable. I'd be a bit pissed too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 03:05 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
there was nothing they could do about that. I

they're lying. We deal with this kind of thing all the time - when clients get these notices, we get the original medical provider to tell the collection agency to lay-off - and they do.
roger

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:12 pm
@ehBeth,
So good to have real expert advice.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 07:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Of course they're lying.... but they'e not lying about the fact they already reported it to CBI, Equifax etc. Since you have experience in these matters I don't need to tell you that peace in the middle east is easier than reversing that.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 07:40 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
dude...

it's Iowa. you know what Iowa stands for, right?

(idiots out wandering around)*

be careful what you actually say on the phone. insults are perfectly allowable. interstate phone threats of ass whooping can lead to silly expensive legal charges...

*my apologies to swimpy and family, who are not to be included in the idiots...

you aren't taking this out on miss puss are you?

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 10:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

Of course they're lying.... but they'e not lying about the fact they already reported it to CBI, Equifax etc. Since you have experience in these matters I don't need to tell you that peace in the middle east is easier than reversing that.

When that happened to me I told them they had two hours for me to hear from the collection agency they had employed and from the credit rating people that their actions had been withdrawn and my credit rating was where it belonged.

We have consumer protection agencies and various ombudspeople to threaten them with, plus a free legal advice service.....do you have such recourse?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 04:18 pm
hell no, this is America
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:45 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
No.

Obviously you're not going to travel to Des Moines to kick this guys ass, but if you did you would be a sick puppy in need of incarceration.

Such extremely frustrating incidents happen to all of us; every day. If you think we should all react violently then let me know and I'll pay for your plane ticket to Des Moines.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No.

Obviously you're not going to travel to Des Moines to kick this guys ass, but if you did you would be a sick puppy in need of incarceration.

Such extremely frustrating incidents happen to all of us; every day. If you think we should all react violently then let me know and I'll pay for your plane ticket to Des Moines.

get a joke Finn, although I did say that to him.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 06:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

hell no, this is America

Ah....of course....is it not then the way of your people to have recourse to those amongst you known as "lawyers"?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 07:56 pm
@dlowan,
yes but Joe Lunchbox (in this case me) can't afford the representation while big business can obfuscate until Jesus comes back and has a LOT of lawyers on retainer. Legal recourse, like many other things in this American society is fast becoming a service available only to the wealthy. All as planned.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 07:08 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Planned by whom ?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 12:13 pm
a handful of old boys and their government employees.
0 Replies