Card Member Services - how to stop Rachel

Rachel the Consumer

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 04:45 pm
Rather than call the FTC (who already has 3.8 million complaints), I'd rather return the calls to the telemarketers who call me AS MANY TIMES (AT THE VERY LEAST) as they call me.

I'd just use redial as I have coffee in the morning or while watching TV (uninterrupted). What would happen if 3.8 million complainants did the same? Would this be regarded as a national public service?
0 Replies

rebecca7515

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:58 pm
@Linkat,
What info do you have???I would like to strat calling his home everyday and see how he likes it..Any info on any board memebers would be a bonus
0 Replies

randyscott

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:25 pm
@Linkat,
I too try to pretend I'm interested in their service long enough to lure them into giving me the name of the company and a mailing address. If they do I make up an invoice charging them $5000 for "Using my phone to conduct your business". So far no one has paid but I don't know if it's slowed down their calls. The invoice includes my address but not my phone number.
Linkat

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:30 pm
@randyscott,
sounds at the least like something entertaining.
randyscott

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:34 pm
@Linkat,
If you have a name & number would you be willing to share it with all of us so we can all call him repeatedly? We can fill up his answering machine with offers for free home security screenings, free oil changes for his car, show him how to lower his interest rate, on and on. Don't leave a number just say "Press 9 to be connected with an operator." and hang up
randyscott

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:36 pm
@Linkat,
Unfortunately, I have trouble coming up with enough patter to keep him on the line, which is why I'm not a con artist.
0 Replies

picturelady

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 11:58 am
1 st time- Unidentified number- The computerized message: Hello this is Rachel, there is nothing wrong with your credit card........ SAME SCENARIO!
I pressed 1 to be connected,
Human- the pleasant male voice; Are you calling to get a reduced rate?
ME- No, I would like to be
Human- click they hung up
ME- I called back- computerized voice- the number you have called has been disconnected.

2nd. time I didn't answer

3rd. time didn't answer

4 th. time- Unidentified number- The computerized message: Hello this is Rachel, there is nothing wrong with your credit card........ SAME SCENARIO!
I pressed 1 to be connected- I played along, and gave outrageous debt issues all the way to the end when he started asking me name, address... and then I hung up.

5th. time- Number registered to a Mary Steward- 1-302-764-5921, I answered and the computerized message: Hello this is Rachel, there is nothing wrong with your credit card........ SAME SCENARIO!
Me- OH MY LORD, AGAIN! I pressed 1 and I played along, and gave outrageous debt issues all the way to the end when he started asking me name, address... and then I screamed as loud as I could into the phone. I'm sure the person has a ringing in their ear.

This is totally ridiculous!

0 Replies

picturelady

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:00 pm
@randyscott,
When you call back ANY number they call on you get a message- number has been disconnected.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 12:17 pm
@roger,
I have got another type of similar calls or someone at the door wanting to sell things.
I usually very slowly tell them "I am not a citizen of this country and it is against the law for me to answer questions like this/or buy things at the door"
That sure confuses them.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Bill9131

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 12:50 pm
How about we all get to work on getting a petition together and go to our law makers
0 Replies

repmvp

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:51 am
This calling is really aggravating. TODAY, I RECEIVED A CALL FROM RACHEL AND THE CALLER ID SHOWED MY NAME AND MY TELEPHONE NUMBER! This is outrageous!
roger

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:15 pm
@repmvp,
Oh, crap. Now I have to block my own phone number.
0 Replies

Privacee

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:07 pm
@Linkat,
I tried all of that but the most effective way I found with dealing with them was to build a telemarketing blocking call device. I made it from off the shelf components, some public domain software, as well as some custom software I developed, called Privaceecallblock. The device will look for the caller ID and if the caller ID is in my blacklist or is some obvious not real number like 0000000000 or 1111111111 etc., it will pick up the call and hang it up on the first ring. The problem is that Rachel keeps changing her number and I am sure is using VoIP (Voice over IP). If the NSA, FBI, FTC, and FCC would simply track them to their ISP and block the ISP's IP addresses from transversing the Internet, I am sure that would be stopped as it would hit the ISP where it hurts them the most in their pocketbook.
0 Replies