Does "resolution 1115" read as "resolution one one one five"?

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 12:45 am

Context:

The Security Council this afternoon expressed its firm intention to restrict the travel of Iraqi officials if the United Nations Special Commission reports that it is not allowed unrestricted access to sites and individuals designated by it as necessary to its investigations in Iraq. The Council would also act if the Executive Chairman does not advise it by April 1998 that Iraq is allowing such access, as demanded by resolution 1115 (1997).

According to the resolution -- which was adopted under Chapter VII of the Charter -- those restrictions would oblige all States to prevent the entry into or transit through their territories of all Iraqi officials and members of the Iraqi armed forces who were responsible for or participated in instances of non-compliance with relevant Council resolutions.

roger

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 02:12 am
@oristarA,
I've heard that kind of thing expressed in so many ways, I hesitate to comment.

My preference would be to say Resolution 'eleven - fifteen.

I have also heard 'eleven hundred - fifteen'.

I have also heard 'Resolution one - one- one - five'.

I think you can pretty much pick whatever sounds good to you. Kind of like giving time as 4:15, quarter past four, or 1615 if you are using a 24 hour clock.

oristarA

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 06:54 am
@roger,
Cool.
Thank you.
0 Replies