bush Starts a Phony Commision To Find Himself Blameless

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:17 am
set

Yes, sorry...clicked wrong button and sent off post before completing it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:27 am
Haven't read all this thread, but there is bound to be American interest in the British inquiry, due to report in July, as the intelligence was shared.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:42 am
Wilso, that's the ugly side of politics and religion--the devout have no interest in hearing anything but a recitation of the core beliefs, and the truth be damned.

Steve, i do hope that the inquiry there will have an impact on peoples' opinions here, but i despair of the result--see my reply to Wilso.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:14 pm
I'm an uneducated rock musician, but I saw this bullshit coming. I hate being right all the time.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:24 pm
I loved when Bush was asked whether he'd testify in his "Meet the Press" interview. He said something like "Testify? I, uh, I don't know . . . I'd be willing to visit with them."

What a lunkhead.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:39 pm
lunka lunka burning love....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:47 pm
Remember how Saddam used to look like before he was found in that gopher hole? GWBush is beginning to transform into that kind of look.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:18 pm
Quote:
"They are having a panel to look into the intelligence failures in Iraq. It is a seven-person panel and it will include John McCain, but the findings from this panel will not be issued until after the election. Bush says the commission can go off and report back in a year -- the same way it works in the Texas Air National Guard."

-- Bill Maher
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:38 pm
Excellent. I love Bill Maher.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:53 pm
I love him too. I hate the political correct people who kicked him off the air.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:23 am
I always say that if you want the truth, go to a comedian. I think they are the only ones left with a voice in our society that can really tell it like it is.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:52 am
kickycan wrote:
I always say that if you want the truth, go to a comedian. I think they are the only ones left with a voice in our society that can really tell it like it is.

Yeah, Dennis Miller usually has it right on these days...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:34 am
Dennis Miller, fellating the White House to prop up his career....consider it a back stage glance behind the magic of show biz.........
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 08:59 am
Is "fellating" the white house any better or worse than puking on it as Mahr does?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 09:00 am
BP

I grant Miller the personal integrity to change his views for reasons other than career-enhancement asslicking. Likewise Hitchens. In my life, I've shifted around substantially on various issues. I think we have to not just allow for change of viewpoint, but actually celebrate it. Nothing drives me more crazy than the individual who is unable to reformulate his notions.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 10:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
Is "fellating" the white house any better or worse than puking on it as Mahr does?

Well that would depend on Miller's skill level would it not?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 10:23 am
blatham wrote:
BP

I grant Miller the personal integrity to change his views for reasons other than career-enhancement asslicking. Likewise Hitchens. In my life, I've shifted around substantially on various issues. I think we have to not just allow for change of viewpoint, but actually celebrate it. Nothing drives me more crazy than the individual who is unable to reformulate his notions.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of petty minds . . .

Ralph "Where's Waldo?" Emerson
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 10:25 am
blatham wrote:
BP

I too, have changed my position on certain things over the years and your point is well taken. I do believe in this case however, that Miller's "conversion" is pretty transparent.

I also have no patience with those of my generation who now support war even though they were anti war when they were old enough to actually serve, get killed, and won't cop to it. The word for those people is pussy IMO.

A narrow minded view perhaps, and you may say absolutely, but it's a conviction I stick to.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 10:45 am
McGentrix wrote:

Puking while fellating on it--that's the ticket.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:48 pm
kickycan wrote:
Puking while fellating on it--that's the ticket.

God, that's making me hot...
0 Replies