bush Starts a Phony Commision To Find Himself Blameless

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:36 pm
Ehbeth: have I missed something ? Is that a closeup of a tattoo?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 08:42 pm
hmmmm, errrrr, well actually, JoeNation, it's a bit of a distant view of part of one of my tats.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:26 am
According to the New York Times, the bipartisan Commission will take at least 18 MONTHS to report and long after the election. Nothing more than a blatant pre-election confidence trick! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:47 am
Sounds like the fox guarding the chicken coop. Eighteen months from now we will find it empty.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:21 am
ehBeth has it, I think. Though polls in England show that the public overwhelmingly consider Hutton's report a whitewash, it allows Blair, Straw and the others to continue the strategy of plausible denial. Note that the quote below is word for word the same as repeated statements the Bush administration officials hide behind. Neither administration can afford (they clearly believe) to have the other back off from what has pretty transparently been a co-operative propaganda strategy.
Quote:
In London, Prime Minister Tony Blair's office was "aware" of the U.S. position, a spokesman said, speaking on customary condition of anonymity.

Regarding the possibility of a similar independent inquiry in Britain, he restated the government's position that "the Iraq Survey Group needs to continue its work."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:34 am
Trust me sezs Georgie porgy as he selects the members of the investigating commission.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:49 am
Geez, I hate that man.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:07 am
Just out of curiosity, who should be responsible for appointing the commission?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:12 am
Set it up like a congressional committee--an odd number of person, one more Republican than the number of Democrats, the Republican chair not to vote unless a tie-breaker is needed. If Bush wants real credibility for such a committee, and isn't just pulling an election year stunt, he should assure that the White House has no part in appointing the commission.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:14 am
McGentrix
A bipartisan committee of senators. Certainly not the individual whose main concern is a cover-up. An individual who had to be forced to sanction the inquiry.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:48 am
I agree. But, before we get overly excited about the issue, let's wait and see who gets appointed for what.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 12:30 pm
I find your use of the pronoun we to be unacceptable--whether or not you are overexcited, i could not, of course, say. This issue does not excite me, let alone overexcite me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 01:30 pm
I would never think to include you, Setanta. I know you are above this sort of excitability. It takes much more to get you riled up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 03:14 pm
Yeah, stuff like theft in office, lying in the State of the Union address, robbing the working and middle classes to benefit yer rich buddies . . . this sort of political sham is small potatoes . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 03:47 pm
I'm sensing.....something....in ur tone there set....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 04:31 pm
Calm down Set! Geez! Don't go gettin' yer dander up now!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 04:33 pm
actually, i never even break a sweat in the most "heated" exchanges here . . . and believe me, i consider this one a yawner . . . i was just danglin' the bait, hopin' fer a rise . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 06:01 pm
Congress has the power to censure the President--to formally reprimand him for betraying the nation's trust. If ever there was a time for this, it's now. Join our call on Congress to censure President Bush at:

http://www.moveon.org/censure/?id=2298-1338202-BbtLReaPrTR7mpGWtcn5lA
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 06:30 pm
kickycan

Quote:
Congress has the power to censure the President--to formally reprimand him for betraying the nation's trust. If ever there was a time for this, it's now. Join our call on Congress to censure President Bush at:

Do you really think Congress that is presently controlled by republicans are going to censor the President for anything? I mean he has been getting away with everything starting with rigging the presidency in the first place and then having secret meetings with the energy companies, the CIA leak; I mean the list goes on and on and for a little while much is made then it just fades away.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
McCain to head Commission?
That would truely be a FARCE.
0 Replies