Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 05:21 pm
I see there are structural problems.

1. There is an assumption that the US are able to absorb all the excess labors. Is this true? People need to pay taxes, but if people are unemployed, or underemployed, they can 't pay taxes, or enough taxes to keep the government running, and consuming which is essential for the US. The is driven by worker productivity gains. A measure of output per worker which is a result of IT, and automation. The first kills knowledge jobs, while the last kills manufacturing.

2. There are unfunded liabilities in Social securities, medicare cost etc that can only be deal with by printing more money, borrowing, and high taxes. The first lead to inflation for the US, and the rest of the world. The second leads to even more borrowing, and unfunded liabilities. The third lead to slower consumer demand below population growth, and lead to higher unemployment.

3. The killer trend in the stagnation of real wages for the last 30 years that was only compensated by having 2 people working for a household. The demand comes from the easing of credits. The cost of living is way more than the average capacity to consume. COI increase by 600 percent, while wage is stagnant.




 
Chaoschick
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 11:36 am
@TuringEquivalent,
This doesn't mean we are doomed, we just have many harsh issues that need to be taken care of. Without a change, there will be major problems occuring, but as of now, we just need to get our behinds in gear.
RABEL222
 
  0  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 03:34 pm
@Chaoschick,
Raise taxes to the Ronny Raygun era.
Chaoschick
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 04:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Taxes won't solve any problems. Money causes more problems than it solves.
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:14 pm
@Chaoschick,


Adoption of The FairTax Plan would go a long, long way in solving our debt and government problems.
0 Replies
 
TuringEquivalent
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:14 pm
@Chaoschick,
The problem cannot be solved. The problem started in the 70s. Technology, automation have lead to extreme increases in productivity. Real wage stagnation, and COL dramatically increase are not macroeconomic trends that can be changed in a snap of a finger. Even with out the banking crisis, this is unsustainable.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  3  
Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:19 pm
Is us doom? What does that even mean?

Cycloptichorn
TuringEquivalent
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 04:16 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Is us doom? What does that even mean?

Cycloptichorn



It means the US going to hell.
Setanta
 
  3  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 06:22 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Us is going to hell . . . you got a fuckin' mouse in your pocket? Why don't you go back to school to learn English?
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 06:34 am
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/lol.jpg
0 Replies
 
TuringEquivalent
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 09:46 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Us is going to hell . . . you got a fuckin' mouse in your pocket? Why don't you go back to school to learn English?



So you don 't understand what I wrote? If so, then that is pretty fucked up.

or

Is it something else? Do you feel a type of "American exceptionism", and "entitlement" just because you are an American? I can assure you that the US is going to hell. Mark my words. The problem is, even with political will , US cannot be fixed. The system is doom to fail, and the question is, will the world go to hell with the US when it falls.
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 11:07 am
@TuringEquivalent,
You can't properly express yourself in English. The abbreviation for the United States is U.S.--us, however, even if you capitalize us, only means the first person plural subjective pronoun. Your English sucks.

The term you wanted is "American exceptionalism." I have no sense of entitlement, and i have no illusion that the United States will last forever. I also don't see it "going to hell." Hell, in fact does not exist.

Learn to properly express yourself in ******* English so that you don't come off as a moron. Then develop some sort of argument which is not as vague as stringing together a series of bumper sticker slogans.
Chaoschick
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 11:14 am
@TuringEquivalent,
The US can be fixed, if we vote good people into office and if they work quickly and to the point without worrying about popularity. The chance of this is probably nil, but it is a hope of mine.

The passing of the fair taxing thing will never happen. The rich will not part with money much in the same way the poor cannot. If there is a realistic hope, it won't be through taxes. They have been trying this type of a thing several times thought the worstening years.
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 11:17 am
@Chaoschick,


The first step in fixing the US is admitting that we have a problem and identifying it.

The second step is to make damn sure he the problem is not elected to a 2nd term.
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 11:18 am
@Chaoschick,
Chaoschick wrote:



The passing of the fair taxing thing will never happen.
The rich will not part with money much in the same way the poor cannot.


Rolling Eyes

The FairTax Plan would put MORE money in the citizens pockets.
TuringEquivalent
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 03:17 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You can't properly express yourself in English. The abbreviation for the United States is U.S.--us, however, even if you capitalize us, only means the first person plural subjective pronoun. Your English sucks.

The term you wanted is "American exceptionalism." I have no sense of entitlement, and i have no illusion that the United States will last forever. I also don't see it "going to hell." Hell, in fact does not exist.

Learn to properly express yourself in ******* English so that you don't come off as a moron. Then develop some sort of argument which is not as vague as stringing together a series of bumper sticker slogans.


Stop being so angry. It is not met for to be understood by people with no economic background.

And

Yes, the US is going to hell soon.
TuringEquivalent
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 03:21 am
@Chaoschick,
Chaoschick wrote:

The US can be fixed, if we vote good people into office and if they work quickly and to the point without worrying about popularity. The chance of this is probably nil, but it is a hope of mine.

The passing of the fair taxing thing will never happen. The rich will not part with money much in the same way the poor cannot. If there is a realistic hope, it won't be through taxes. They have been trying this type of a thing several times thought the worstening years.


The problem is, it is not really a policy issue. On the one hand, you have globalization, and technology. On the other, Americans have been living beyond its means. The cost of living shot up 600%, while real wage is stagnant. The US have been living off of East Asia for the last 30 years.
TuringEquivalent
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 03:25 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:



The first step in fixing the US is admitting that we have a problem and identifying it.

The second step is to make damn sure he the problem is not elected to a 2nd term.




This is crazy talk. The problem in our face for the last 30 years. The Obama is just a very unlucky president in office now. He is right that demand cannot come from within the US anymore.
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 03:38 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

The Obama is just a very unlucky president in office now.


Laughing

Poor Obama, I guess his becoming an ex-president this November will be a big relief to him...
I know it will be a huge relief to the country when he's gone.
TuringEquivalent
 
  0  
Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 04:44 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:

The Obama is just a very unlucky president in office now.


Laughing

Poor Obama, I guess his becoming an ex-president this November will be a big relief to him...
I know it will be a huge relief to the country when he's gone.



You need to stop being a ******* retard. Obama, or anyone else in office will not make a damn difference. Politicians by their incentive is to attractive voters, and maintain power. The economy is much more complex than your ******* car. Who ever is going to be president will have to listen to the technocrats, and special interest.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is US doom?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/04/2021 at 05:06:05