So, who do you hate,destest and abhor?

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 02:28 pm
This morning I finally did it -- put Hawkeye on "ignore."

He joins a very elite group of trolls-posters on A2k with whom I would rather have no contact. There are only two others.

In the case of the despicable Hawk, it was dlowan made me do it. Or maybe the Devil made me do it. Or maybe that's the same thing anyway. She posted something on the Gabby Giffords' resignation thread that made me think. She asked why do we enable Hawkeye in his rants by responding to his inanities? And that stopped me dead in my tracks and made me think. Why do I? Well, because when I see a stupid, nsensitive and ill-thought-out post, something in me urges me to set the joker straight. Never mind that this will not happen. Never mind that I know I won't change anyone's mind. The urge is there and it is irresistible. For one like me, it's like putting a martini in front of an alcoholic and expecting the alky not to even be tempted to pick it up. No, it' easier this way. If I don't see his posts, I won't be tempted to respond to them.

Very recently I put BillRM on "ignore" as well. In his case, I had double reason for doing so. Everything I said about Hawkeye holds true for ol' BillRM as well. Dumb statements which beg to be contradicted. But once you start contradicting them, the never-ending battle of Spam is on. Bill is another one of those who will, under no circumstances, allow anyone else to get the last word. Even if it means repeating the same bullshit over and over and over and over again ad nauseam. But in Bill's case there's a secondary reason for not wanting to read his posts -- trying to decipher them gives me a headache. English appears to be his first language but he has absolutely no clue as to how to at least try and use it properly -- grammar, spelling, continuity are all foreign concepts to him, apparently. I'm no longer going to try to decipher his posts. (I clicked him off my range of vision during the inanities he was mouthing on the drunk driving thread.)

These two and one more -- H20 Man -- now comprise the entire force of people I ignore. I don't think any explanation is necessary in the case of the Waterhead. This borderline sociopath doesn't belong in any civilized person's society or range of vision. 'Nuff said about bad rubbish.

So, who do you hate, detest, abhor and ignore? Feel free to vent here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 34 • Views: 9,403 • Replies: 87

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 02:41 pm
That guy Merry Andrew used to get on my last nerve . . . fortunately, i haven't seen him around in ages and ages . . .
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 02:45 pm
The ones I ignore know whom they is and that's enough for me.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 02:45 pm
@Setanta,
haha.

Lustig
Well, I guess I better be very careful with my spelling from now on, or else I will be in bigggggg trouble Smile Please, don't put me on ignore, I play with you, (well so to speak)
dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 02:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
If I told you I'd have to kill me.

Anyway, I can't see my own posts.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
I've been meaning to put you on "ignore" for a long time, Set. But then I decided it's easier to just ignore you.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Careful, Lost. My wife monitors these threads now and again.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:02 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Anyway, I can't see my own posts.

You don't know how lucky you are.
Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
In most cases I prefer to activate the thumb than to ignore. Robert recommended/suggested it as a technique that's more useful to the board (aka the collective Laughing) at some time in the past.

It works - as long as you stick to your guns with it.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Hello Mrs Lustig,

Mr Lustig, comes up with words I can't pronounce so often, let alone understand what they mean, I like playing with that intelligence, means I learn something which is good for my age:)
Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:11 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
you'll know sea glass when you meet her.

I promise...
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:12 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree, ehBeth, and most of the time that's what I do. (JTT gets the lion's share of my 'thumbbs down", along with OmSigDAVID). But there is this handful of individuals I just can't stomach any more. If I see their inane posts, I have this irresistible urge to respond. Ergo . . .
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Scared now ........

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:39 pm
Merry Andrew probably was the most annoying and on top of that, almost always clueless.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:40 pm
@wandeljw,
Totally agree with that, wandel. We're all glad he's gone.
Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I've forgotten those whom I ignore. They just aren't worth mentioning so why should I give them a billboard?!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:49 pm
@Ragman,
Good point, that. This is basically just a kvetch thread.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:54 pm
Sometimes I wonder why I'm the only one responding to an interesting thread like this ...and I'd really like to know who started it!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 03:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
While I understand you point of view, Hawk represents a very distinct and consistent position that is not represented by anyone else and his posts are often useful to me if only because they cut through fuzzy thinking and make me sharpen up my opinions. It would be great if there were someone more agreable filling that role but there is not and generally if you are willing to engage in polite debate with him, he will respond in kind (although his positions are often not polite at all.) Of the ten worse things I've been called on A2K, I'm confident that Hawk did not utter any of them.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
you dont relly hte em.They mostly just take up space. SOmeone like H2O man is just an idiot who's running as fat as he is able.
I only ignore 1 person but he hsnt shown up in severl months so maybe I should take im off and move my chips about.

I think that it was Deb who suggested just passing the idots by when they are on a narcissistic rant and just return to the subject. I may try that soon with guys like spendi or bewildered.
JTT is just sad. Shes trying to be a Quaker but she often leaves the planet. I actully like Dve and gunga, they are funny Dve, because he is free of almost any knowledge of popular culture and gunga because he is in another space/time continuum.
Thats all I can recall father so I ask for penance and absolution.
0 Replies