So, who do you hate,destest and abhor?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:01 pm
@JPB,
That bothers me too. All anyone has to do to see the quoted sentence or more is to click on the little green letters at the top of the Quoter's post in order to see the Quotee's words, if one wanted to.
I understand why people answer the inveterate repetitive types, but think the respondents continuing to do that after a post or two cause more than half of the ensuing thread distructo derby.

I put one or two in the "cloakroom" once in a while when I want a rest for my own benefit, but that only lasts a day or two.
Then there is a spot in ignore-hell for temporarily-here-but-I- don't-know-that-yet trolls that I don't want to see on my New Posts list, and those I cull out of the ignore list routinely.
I have seven on long term ignore, a couple of fervid racists and some others that make my life seem shorter if I read them... though I cull those too from time to time.

Roberta

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:43 pm
I have six people on ignore. I don't remember who four of them are, but there must be a reason I ignore them. My rule of thumb is distaste. If their posts are distasteful, filled with hate, or nuts in an uninteresting way, I ignore them.

One of the ignored people is an ESL questioner who regularly makes me angry.

There are people here I don't like, but no one I hate.

BTW, I think I'm on at least one person's ignore list.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:48 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
BTW, I think I'm on at least one person's ignore list.

BillRM has me on ignore, but he keeps responding to my posts. I guess I'm on ignore-lite.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:57 pm
I don't hate, detest or abhor anyone on this site. I can't be bothered to expend such strong negative emotions on people who I don't have any direct contact with. It brings you down to do so, and I'm more of an Up guy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 02:18 pm
I only have a few people on ignore and some left long age. People end up on my ignore list because I think they are just clogging up the discussions. H2OMan and JTT are the classic examples of that. I don't often agree with people like Finn or Hawkeye, but they are not ignore material for me. However, I do sometimes leave a thread if certain posters show up because I know they will just annoy me. Babbling BillRM and the anti-semitic Talk2000 are in that category and I don't care if they know it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 02:25 pm
I don't put anyone "on ignore," but i do ignore several people. I am completely in agreement with GW's comments about talk7200, and have now adopted the same attitude toward Fido, since he revealed himself as a hater of the Jews. That kind of thing really sticks in my craw. The same goes for that bitch Pamela Rosa and her new lover boy.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:20 pm
I don't have any one on ignore. Can we tell if people have us on ignore? Most of my dislike is left for people I know in real life, not on the web.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:31 pm
@Setanta,
I also put Pamela Rosa and her boyfriend on ignore, the only two. I had Jgoldman10 on ignore for a while but I missed the son of a bitch so I took him off the ignore list.
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:33 pm
@jcboy,
but how do you find out about black on white crime?
jcboy

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:34 pm
@djjd62,
By living in Florida lol Smile
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:35 pm
@jcboy,
Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:36 pm
@jcboy,
whatever happened to ole Goldman? Is he finally employed with his "Street Fightin Neutered Cats n Dogs"?
jcboy

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:55 pm
@farmerman,
Probably or he's on another time out Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 06:12 pm
@djjd62,
I think you have to take up chess..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
That bothers me too. All anyone has to do to see the quoted sentence or more is to click on the little green letters at the top of the Quoter's post in order to see the Quotee's words, if one wanted to.
I understand why people answer the inveterate repetitive types, but think the respondents continuing to do that after a post or two cause more than half of the ensuing thread distructo derby.

I put one or two in the "cloakroom" once in a while when I want a rest for my own benefit, but that only lasts a day or two.
Then there is a spot in ignore-hell for temporarily-here-but-I- don't-know-that-yet trolls that I don't want to see on my New Posts list, and those I cull out of the ignore list routinely.
I have seven on long term ignore, a couple of fervid racists and some others that make my life seem shorter if I read them... though I cull those too from time to time.
With very few exceptions, I have not rescinded the ostracism of Ignore status.
( The exceptions have arisen from my seeing quoted posts
from the Ignored pariahs & my choice to respond thereto.)

I seldom visit my Ignore list, but as I see it, putting someone on Ignore
is a lot like putting out the garbage: u r glad that it is gone,
but u don't hate nor "detest" the garbage.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 11:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
destest

the illiterate

and those that make egregious errors answering crosswords

mostly i just hate anyone that takes my fancy

and i make sure to shout it from the rooftops
farmerman

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 06:46 am
@solipsister,
have your fancy taken a lot do you?
wandeljw

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 08:23 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I had Jgoldman10 on ignore for a while but I missed the son of a bitch so I took him off the ignore list.

This is the biggest danger in putting someone on ignore. I also started to miss some of the goofy people that I had on ignore. I could use the ignore function to create my own personal utopia. I stopped using ignore because I want to "keep it real." I feel I should read things that I do not like. I can skip reading posts without actually having someone on ignore.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 08:50 am
In real life I mostly have to do with nice and polite people. Often we share the same ideas, if not we can discuss them on a friendly basis.
This type of people also exsist on a2k.
Sometimes it is more insteresting to see the answers from people with a very different attitude than my real life people. Then I start wondering what it would be like if this person was in my real life. Is that person really just as nasty in real life? Or is it just because of Internet and in real life a person who is nasty here is a shy person in reality?
I have even doubted a person here as a fake, probably was all wrong as everybody else was just full of praise.
I think it is fun to create my own "unreal life" here and wondering about the people.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 09:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
have your fancy taken a lot do you?

not as much as i'd like, thank you for asking, but i do busy myself with shopping it around as you may have noticed

do you have any suggestions?

0 Replies