So, who do you hate,destest and abhor?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:01 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
if you are willing to engage in polite debate with him, he will respond in kind

Which to me, says, if someone, bothers to get to know someone, they may come to a different conclusion than otherwise, what's seemingly only typed on a Forum..

I agree with that, regarding Hawkeye.. even though he told me I was wrong the other day, or at least my conclusion was, until Pete came back and said, "yeah, na, she is right" ...

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:20 pm
I think FM should say ten "Our Fathers" and ten "Hail Marys" and make a sincere--you here that boy--a sincere act of contrition.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:22 pm
@Setanta,
as opposed to a
perfect act of Contrition" Its all coming back to me in a flood of nausea
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:22 pm
@Setanta,
You're being way too lenient on him, Father.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:32 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I only once placed a jerk on ignore, then found I had to respond to them at times so I removed them from ignore. Strangely, it is easier to ignore them when all their dimwitted posts are fully visible.

The risk of placing certain cretins on ignore is that they once in a while have a post which isn't their usual blather and it would be a shame to miss those and of course the opportunity to thumb the post down anyways (I am at times slightly vindictive).

To torture the numbskull in this thread who undoubtedly thinks they were so blessed and deserving as to be that previously ignored one, I have to say that at this moment, the one that was has not yet posted in this thread.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Kvetch? Oh yeah. I surely could do that. However, I won't wax philosophical here but I just hate giving those I deem worth ignoring another spotlight they crave. So feel free kvetch away. Far be it for me to get in the way of a good kvetch.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
. . . So, who do you hate, detest, abhor and ignore? Feel free to vent here.
No one.

I have maybe about 12 folks on Ignore,
but its not worth the effort to hate them; easier to forget them.

David
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 05:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
No one.

David

I'll lift a glass with you on that sentiment.

A dozen or so, huh? I'm shocked that I'm, apparently, not one of them.
djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 05:11 pm
So, who do you hate,destest and abhor?
jesse ventura & al sharpton

if they ever start posting here, i might have reason to use the ignore function
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 05:12 pm
@djjd62,
How do you know they're not posting here?
djjd62

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 05:14 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for now

beats giving them the time of day
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:25 am
Real nice post engineer and I agree wholeheartedly about Hawk.
I've never put anyone on ignore; not that I'm proud of the fact, I'm just too lazy to figure out how to do it.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 12:31 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
I'm just too lazy to figure out how to do it.

Easiest thing in the world. Click on the offending poster's name or avatar which will take you to his A2k profile page. Right hand side of page (in green, I believe) you'll find a place to click on that says "ignore." That changes "ignore" to "unignore" which you can click on any time you change your mind and decide to take the offender back into your range of vision.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 02:19 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't "hate,destest and abhor" anyone in particular.
But I become extremely frustrated & turned off by troll-like posts about often irrelevant agendas ... posts which go on & on & on, endlessly ... totally destroying the original purpose of particular threads.
Threads which were actually quite interesting to begin with.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 02:29 am
I don't "hate,destest and abhor" anybody here. Why should I? I don´t know anyone well enough to do that.
I have noone on ignore - just ignore something I am not interested in.

One thing I can´t stand neither here on a2k where it happens now and then nor in real life and that is:
People who love to tell everybody else loud and clearly whom they "hate, destest and abhor".
I would never expected it to come from a person I really have respected here on a2k.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 07:36 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
No one.

David
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I'll lift a glass with you on that sentiment.

A dozen or so, huh? I'm shocked that I'm, apparently, not one of them.
U were, for a long time, in your earlier incarnation.
U must have gotten habeas corpus somehow; u got out of the dungeon.
( That is very unusual. )

Most (nearly all) of the inhabitants of the dungeon
were guilty of obscenity offenses in their vituperations.

U had gotten mad about something n nasty (probably obscene)
in primordial times, so I put u away. U 've since mellowed out, relatively.

David
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 09:51 am
My criteria for ignoring is something like "repeated posts provide no interesting content to any thread" and I use the ignore strictly to improve my A2K experience rather than "hate, detest and abhor". After seeing this thread a few dozen times, I broke down and went to my ignore list. There are 32 names on it, most of which I have long since forgotten. I think most were small time spammers or trolls who have since moved on.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 10:03 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

My criteria for ignoring is something like "repeated posts provide no interesting content to any thread" and I use the ignore strictly to improve my A2K experience rather than "hate, detest and abhor". After seeing this thread a few dozen times, I broke down and went to my ignore list. There are 32 names on it, most of which I have long since forgotten. I think most were small time spammers or trolls who have since moved on.

Same here. I have 28 on my ignore list. About half a dozen of them are Chinese students who start threads asking English grammar questions or people who start game threads -- nothing wrong with them and I certainly don't consider them trolls, it's just that I have no interest in those threads and would prefer to skip them on the "new posts" list. About four are alts for possum -- thankfully, he doesn't show up here any more -- and there are probably ten or so more posters who likewise have dropped off the map.

That leaves about eight active posters I have on ignore. Some have attacked me without provocation -- I don't need to deal with that. The others simply don't add anything to the conversation. I'd be ignoring them even if I didn't have them on the list. On the other hand, I never put somebody on ignore just because I disagree with them. If I did that, I'd have pretty much everybody on ignore.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 11:02 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I don't believe in hating - I certainly do not hate any person ....

although I do dislike some people greatly.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 11:09 am
I only have one person on my ignore list. I scroll through a few more but haven't placed them on ignore because I do sometimes want to read their posts. I don't vote them down much either, I just do a scroll-the-troll pass over their posts. What bothers me more than the trolls are the troll trollers who insist on quoting the trolls in their replies.