snood

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 04:43 pm
@LionTamerX,
That's encouraging to hear. I gotta admit I'm worried.
H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 05:52 pm
@LionTamerX,

A groundswell of Hope will Change that 32 year winning streak

NoBama
0 Replies

roger

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 06:04 pm
@LionTamerX,
And the sun comes up because the rooster crows.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 08:59 am
@snood,
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing .

- Edmund Burke
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 09:26 am
Santorum says that EVERYONE WILL BE ON WELFARE if Obama wins as if Romney didn't pass this same plan AND the republican congress tried to pass the same exact plan in 1998 and failed, but NOW it will be the end of your freedom.

You will be a welfare recipient and somehow the world will be on a downward path as people are being treated for illness. There is a mental illness in this behavior and its called REPUBLICANOSIS!

jcboy

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 11:45 am
@jcboy,
Jewish support for Obama hits 70% as it continues to rise. This statistic was reported today also by the Jewish Telegraph Agency, Haaretz, the American Jewish Committee and other outlets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/22/jewish-voters-favor-obama_n_1905002.html

Quote:
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (RNS) Hilda Finkel has heard the Republican call that she should reconsider her support for President Barack Obama because he isn't sufficiently pro-Israel.

She has heard GOP nominee Mitt Romney accuse Obama of "throwing Israel under bus." She has seen the billboards here in Broward County greeting Jewish voters with this plaintive message: "Oy vey Obama. Had enough yet?"

But she is unswayed. "I am Jewish, and I care about Israel, but the most important question is jobs and the economy," Finkel, 94, said in an interview in this south Florida community. "I'm going with Obama."
jcboy

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 03:50 pm
@jcboy,
Ohio's largest newspaper Cleveland Plain Dealer, Akron Beacon Journal, The Denver Post, The Star-Ledger, Los Angeles Times, The Salt Lake Tribune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Seattle Times, The Sacramento Bee, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, The Denver Post Endorses Obama, Criticizes GOP Belligerence and Swagger. Cool

http://www.politicususa.com/cleveland-plain-dealer-endorses-obama-criticizes-gop-belligerence-swagger.html

Quote:
The largest newspaper in the swing state of Ohio, The Cleveland Plain Dealer, endorsed President Obama for a second term today, citing his policies as best for Ohio, noting that’s he’s been met with unbending resistance and belligerence from Republicans and sounding the alarm on etch-a-sketch Mitt Romney’s domestic and foreign policies.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 04:28 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Jewish support for Obama hits 70% as it continues to rise. This statistic was reported today also by the Jewish Telegraph Agency, Haaretz, the American Jewish Committee and other outlets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/22/jewish-voters-favor-obama_n_1905002.html

Quote:
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (RNS) Hilda Finkel has heard the Republican call that she should reconsider her support for President Barack Obama because he isn't sufficiently pro-Israel.

She has heard GOP nominee Mitt Romney accuse Obama of "throwing Israel under bus." She has seen the billboards here in Broward County greeting Jewish voters with this plaintive message: "Oy vey Obama. Had enough yet?"

But she is unswayed. "I am Jewish, and I care about Israel, but the most important question is jobs and the economy," Finkel, 94, said in an interview in this south Florida community. "I'm going with Obama."

The important question is jobs and the economy, and she's going with Obama. Fascinating.
JTT

Sun 21 Oct, 2012 05:08 pm
@roger,
Quote:
The important question is jobs and the economy, and she's going with Obama. Fascinating.

I'm puzzled why you find that fascinating, Roger. Neither has any magic bullet. These things always take their own merry time working themselves out. With Romney though, you could easily see another Bush type disaster. Really, he's as dumb or dumber than Bush - is that even possible? but anywoo, what might lead you to think that Milt will fix the economy.
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 08:52 am
I love it when people say we're not any better off then we were 4 years ago. We ARE better off than we were four years ago. Not to say people aren't still suffering, but if you have a 401K, look at your statement and tell me its not better than in January 2009 when Obama took office.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/19/september-state-unemployment/1642183/

Quote:
Unemployment rates fell in 41 states and the District of Columbia last month, reflecting a sharp drop in the nation's jobless rate just weeks before the presidential election.

Unemployment increased in six states, and three states showed no change.

Among key swing states in the presidential race, the jobless rate declined in nine, was unchanged in two and increased in one.
roger

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 09:00 am
@jcboy,
401K should indeed look better after four years of contributions from employee and possibly employer.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 03:30 pm

Romney is going to win this election and he's going to win BIG!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:24 pm

Attacking Romney is not an agenda, but Obama didn't get the memo.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:26 pm
So has it been an agenda when attacking Obama has been pretty much the only thing Romney's done for the last three years?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:31 pm
Quote:
Romney is going to win this election and he's going to win BIG
says H2O.
I remember fondly the months he was in love with Herman Cain and said loudly and often Cain had the momentum and was going to win BIG.
Until Herman went down in flames.
Then he decided that although he'd never actually said so before, he supported Newt Gingrich all along, Gingrich had the momentum, and was going to win BIG.
So were you really for Romney too all along, H2? Your crystal ball seems to have fogged up long ago.
Rockhead

Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
watch out, he'll tell a vocabulary joke...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 07:19 am

In light of recent revelations concerning what Obama knew
about the terrorists attack in Benghazi and when he knew it
and then the calculated efforts to cover up what had happened
I think Obama should suspend his reelection campaign and step aside.
revelette

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:57 am
@H2O MAN,
The day after the attack the president called the attack an "act of terror." Fourteen hours after the attack the president said:

Quote:
President Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of "60 Minutes" for a previously scheduled interview and said he did not believe it was simply due to mob violence.

"You're right that this is not a situation that was -- exactly the same as what happened in Egypt and my suspicion is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start," Mr. Obama said.

source from the link you left on the other thread

There has been no cover up. From the start they have been saying more investigation needs to be looked into concerning the attack so they didn't just say the whole thing had to do with the real protest which were going on at the same time concerning the video.
georgeob1

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:19 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

There has been no cover up. From the start they have been saying more investigation needs to be looked into concerning the attack so they didn't just say the whole thing had to do with the real protest which were going on at the same time concerning the video.

That's not entirely true. The president's reference to terrorist acts in the Rose Garden remarks was a general statement about American reactions to terrorism that came after he specificallty referred to the attack on our embassy as a spontaneous reaction to the film clip no one has seen. Such a reaction following an attack of such persistent violence on the anniversary of 9/11 is strange in the extreme. Then Susan Rice's tour of the Sunday talk shows five days after the attack during which she emphatically repeated to all three networks that the attack was a spontaneous reaction to the film clip. It now turns out that the State Department and the White House had received reports of the claim of a Lybian affiliate of al Quaeda that they had carried out the attack.
revelette

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 12:14 pm
@georgeob1,
Twice President Obama called the attack an act of terror. On that day he said it in the same paragraph as the four death at the consulate in his speech at the rose garden and the next day in a campaign appearance in Las Vegas. In the interview I just referenced where he indicated that there was elements at work with "folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start". All along they kept saying they needed to get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. They did not mention the Sept. 11 anniversary. Intelligence officials believe that planning for the attack probably began only a few hours before it took place.

source
0 Replies