snood

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 01:17 pm
@JTT,
Hey JTT - but don't you think Obama is a murderous asshole too?
jcboy

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 01:57 pm
@snood,
For those panicking on the Gallup Poll, this gives some detail of the distortion.

http://www.ibtimes.com/obama-leads-four-major-swing-states-romney-looks-likely-take-virginia-north-carolina-polls-850149

Quote:
Obama Leads In Four Major Swing States As Romney Looks Likely To Take Virginia, North Carolina: Polls

While the presidential candidates backed off the campaign trail Saturday to prep for their last debate, the race remained a dead heat, with poll numbers reconfirming that President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are in a dogfight to woo some of the major swing states before the election next month.

The Democratic panic that broke out after the lack of movement in a Gallup poll after Obama appeared to win the second presidential debate this week appears to have been overblown. Statistics guru Nate Silver of the New York Times predicts that Obama is still favored to win the election mostly because of his numbers in the major swing states. In most of them, he is still up on Romney, even after the GOP candidate's wave of momentum folwing the first debate.

Part of the reason for Romney’s favorability rating in Gallup's national tracking polls is his overwhelming lead in the South. Saturday's Gallup poll was Romney 51, Obama 45, unchanged form Friday. It was a seven-day average, with about half the survey taken after the second debate.

Silver wrote that despite Romney's six-point lead in the Gallup numbers, he isn’t necessarily closer to a victory in November because of his relative difficulty in the swing states. On the latest polls Saturday, Obama led in Ohio, Wisconsin and Colorado by three percentage points, according to Electoral-Vote.com. Obama was also ahead by four in Nevada while Romney looked increasingly likely to take North Carolina’s 15 electoral votes.

Still up in the air is how Virginians will cast their votes. Talking Points Memo reported that a Democratic-leaning poll credited Obama with a two-point lead but the incumbent is facing a high negative approval rating and an increasingly popular Romney.
edgarblythe

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:00 pm
Texas registration is at near record levels, but, since it is a given that the Republicans will carry the state, it is futile.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:02 pm
@jcboy,

When the polls are averaged it reveals a dead heat, but when you dig
deeper and look at trends you see that Romney has the >> momentum.
JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:07 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Hey JTT - but don't you think Obama is a murderous asshole too?

Nope, Snood, he's just your regular garden variety US terrorist/war criminal president.

Really though, Snood, don't y'all ever tire of the carnage you heap upon the poor of the world?

The other thing that is so amazing is that while none of you, that's no one, even begins to deny this reality that the US is simply the largest terrorist group, by far, on the planet, so many still try to divert attention from that fact.

You know anyone that does that, Snood?
LionTamerX

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
Romney had a bump after the first debate which brought him just shy of even with Obama. Now the SS Romney is starting to sink back into the swamp of bullshit whence it came.
Obama for the win !
H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:10 pm
@LionTamerX,

LOL!!

Obama's days are numbered... dark days are ahead for team Obama
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:18 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
Now the SS Romney is starting to sink back into the swamp of bullshit whence it came.
Obama for the win !

Not hardly a given. The US has within way way more than enough idiots to put a scumbag like Milt in. Witness - Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush
LionTamerX

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:27 pm
@JTT,
Exit polling here in central NC has been trending heavily for Obama. This is Baptist country, and to Baptists, Mormonism is a cult, and definitely not Christian.
JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:28 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
This is Baptist country, and to Baptists, Mormonism is a cult, and definitely not Christian.

See what I mean, LT.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:35 pm
@LionTamerX,

Aren't you NC folks supposed to be bitter... cling to guns or religion?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:37 pm

We know what President Obama will do on taxes. He's already raised taxes 21 times -- and he'll raise taxes by $2 trillion more. Middle-class families will face a $4,000-a-year tax increase just to service his debt and spending proposals.

We know what President Obama will do on spending. President Obama's already increased our debt by $5.5 trillion -- and he'll let our national debt climb to $20 trillion by 2016. He's promised a second stimulus, yet we don't even know where the first one went.
snood

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 02:52 pm
@JTT,
I guess you're talking about me JTT. What I can't figure out is what it is that you think I'm supposed to do about all the terrible things you talk about.
JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 03:26 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I guess you're talking about me JTT.

Another assumption a tad too large, Snood.

Quote:
What I can't figure out is what it is that you think I'm supposed to do about all the terrible things you talk about.

Not "the terrible things you talk about", rather, the terrible things the US has done and continues to do.

None of you, that 'you' does include you, Snood, seem to have any problem falling all over yourselves condemning various and sundry for their moral failings as regards rapes, child molestations, murder, brutality to one's citizens, brutal dictators, ... but y'all can't seem to come to grips with your own country's deep moral failings as regards the poor and the innocent of the world.

Why don't you consider doing exactly what you do for all these situations and apply them equally to the misdeeds of the US? It's not like you lack for material, or degree of truly heinous behavior.

Many raise that old red herring about others doing the same as the US does/has done. The big difference is that neither the US or any of the myriad war criminals/terrorists it contains has ever been held to account.

Doesn't that strike you as incredible [mind boggling, ...] considering how loudly and longly the US is touted as thee rule of law country, thee savior of the poor and the oppressed?

0 Replies

snood

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 03:35 pm
JTT:

Quote:
None of you, that 'you' does include you, Snood, seem to have any problem falling all over yourselves condemning various and sundry for their moral failings as regards rapes, child molestations, murder, brutality to one's citizens, brutal dictators, ... but y'all can't seem to come to grips with your own country's deep moral failings as regards the poor and the innocent of the world.

Why don't you consider doing exactly what you do for all these situations and apply them equally to the misdeeds of the US? It's not like you lack for material, or degree of truly heinous behavior.

So you're saying to do as you do, and write about the crimes and atrocities the US commits? I'm not being coy; I'd really like to know what you want the people on A2K to do as a result of reading what you write?
H2O MAN

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 03:39 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I'd really like to know what you want the people on A2K to do as a result of reading what you write?

+1
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 03:43 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I'm not being coy; I'd really like to know what you want the people on A2K to do as a result of reading what you write?

Snood,

“The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them.”
― Harold Pinter

I'm taken aback, way back, to tell the truth. You keep going to these "what you write" ideas. These are facts, Snood, indisputable facts, the historical record.

Why wouldn't anyone want to discuss and attempt to fix/stop those very things that make a mockery of all the US is supposed to stand for?
snood

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 03:45 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Why wouldn't anyone want to discuss and attempt to fix/stop those very things that make a mockery of all the US is supposed to stand for?

'Discuss' I can understand. "Attempt to fix/stop" - could you explain that part a little?
JTT

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 04:09 pm
@snood,
Quote:
'Discuss' I can understand. "Attempt to fix/stop" - could you explain that part a little?

Do you really think that if the majority, no not even a majority, a much larger number of Americans knew and understood just what predators/terrorists/war criminals their governments have been, they'd let it continue?

Education is the first step.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Sat 20 Oct, 2012 04:36 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
Every year since 1980, the candidate that has won the Plain Dealer endorsement has won both Ohio and election. They just endorsed Obama

gobama.