Hello frns..I am just a confused gal.Plz help me out of this.

Ninna4

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 09:38 am
I have a boyfriend who is very caring. He loves me, calls me beautiful, helps me whenever I need it, does everything for me. But it all started because my mother wanted it. I decided to say yes and carry on.
Now I think I've fallen for my co-worker who is more matured and just like the one for me.I know he is engaged, but I just cant stop thinking about him.I've talked to him about this, who also very patiently heard me and told me its not possible.
The problem is, I am trying to get him out of my mind, but just cant. I want to keep everybody happy but just fail every time because I am unable to take the rite decision.

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 10:04 am
@Ninna4,
There's a saying ..."the grass is always greener in the other fellow's yard."

It might be that you want what you can't have. Either you feel the excitement with the guy you've been seeing or you don't. Excitement that generates from having the right chemistry can't be created..it's either there or it isn't. The unavailable guy is exciting but apparently that's NOT meant to be.

Maybe you just need to date other people who ARE available and that DO excite you. Tell your mom your just not happy with your current boyfriend for the long term. Your happiness is what counts. Of course, show your mom the appropriate respect..but it's not working out with her making choices in your love life.
firefly

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 11:08 am
@Ninna4,
I tend to agree with Ragman that this may be a case of wanting what you can't have.

Your co-worker is not available for a relationship with you and he's let you know that. But that also makes him "safe" to obsess about, because nothing is going to happen, it's all in the realm of fantasy. His unavailability may be part of your co-worker's appeal. Maybe you're just not ready to be in a committed relationship.

What is wrong with your current boyfriend? You describe him as very caring, thoughtful, helpful, and in love with you. So, what's missing? You say your co-worker is "more matured"--do you think your boyfriend is immature? Is he not good company, is he dull or boring? Do you not share any interests with him? Is he physically unappealing to you? Do you dislike being cared for the way he is expressing it? Are you rejecting him just because your mother pushed you toward him?
Quote:
I want to keep everybody happy...

Why do you want to keep everybody happy? Your personal relationships with men should be based on whether you are happy in the relationship, whether your life is better because you are in the relationship, whether the relationship satisfies your needs.

Forget about the co-worker, he is not an option. Your options are to remain involved with your current boyfriend, who does sound nice, and perhaps still continue to date other men, or to stop seeing your boyfriend and date others, if you feel it is best to end the relationship with your boyfriend for some reason.

I'd think twice about dumping someone who sounds as nice and caring as your boyfriend, unless there is really some major drawback about him that you haven't mentioned. Perhaps you can just continue to date others if something is really missing from this relationship, or perhaps you can work on improving this relationship. But I think you need to think about what you are really looking for in a relationship.

0 Replies

Seaumas

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 03:56 am
@Ragman,
Its not your job, or your mother's job, to make everybody happy. The right thing is seek to make yourself genuinely happy. The fellow at the office? You should recognize him as an imfatuation, not a real prospect for love. If you pull him to betray himself you will do a lot of harm. You have a choice. You can seek you happiness elsewhere or you can seek the man you can authentically love. Just because a young man is wining, dining, schmoozing, and treating you like a royal princess does not mean he is the right man, nor may you be the eventually right woman for him. But, then, maybe he is. If you don't love him why bother? This dilemma happens to more people than anyone could count. "Be truthful and to thine own self be true". Without wax.
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 04:08 am
@Seaumas,
Thanks . I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to date men.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 12:09 pm
Ask your "crush" to be invited to his upcoming wedding.

If that doesn't knock it out of you, nothing will.
0 Replies