is this better? from click
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:35 pm
I want probiotic cheese!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:40 pm
I've been buying prebiotic bread. It's supposed to be wonderfully healthy. I wonder how prebiotic is related to probiotic.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:42 pm
AK!!!!

IM BLIND

AND NEVER EATING AGAIN...thank you very much

blah
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:43 pm
mmmmmmmmmmmm, it doesn't sound tasty, but it is, really.

Quote:
A prebiotic is: "a non-digestible food ingredient that beneficially affects the host [you] by selectively stimulating the growth and/or the activity of one or a limited number of bacteria in the colon" (Am Clin Nutrit, 201;73:406S-409S).

Because prebiotics are non digestible they reach the intestine in an unaltered form, where they grow into live "bio"-cultures. Prebiotics, through natural means, encourage the growth of bifido cultures and in this way can positively influence the balance between beneficial cultures and unwanted bacteria in the intestines.

from wellnessbread.com
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:43 pm
was just checking out prebiotics.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm
My gut is going to be soooooo cultured.

This http://www.wellnessbread.com/images/photos/bread/multiseed.jpg

is scrumptious.
Quote:
The natural ingredients in Wellness Multi Seed bread: Flax seeds Pumpkin seeds Sunflower seeds.

Quote:
Seeds not only add flavour and texture to our Multi Seed bread, they have distinctive health properties. Flax seed is one such example. In a study quoted in Urology July 2001, Flaxseed (Not Flax Oil) Benefits Prostrate Cancer: "Prostate cancer patients who added 3 headed tablespoons of ground flaxseed daily to their diet had more slow-dividing tumor cells and a greater rate of tumor cell death than men who did not follow this diet, after about 5 weeks". This may be due to the fibre-like compound lignan, found in flax. Flax is also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, an essential component of our diets. Omega-3 consumption has been associated with a reduced risk of fatal heart disease.

Sunflower seeds are familiar to most of us. However, what may be less well known is the fact that they are an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin E, and supply folic acid, other B vitamins, and several minerals including copper, magnesium and selenium. Research at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in March 2001 suggests that the sunflower kernel is a good source of phytochemicals - plant chemicals that can help protect against heart disease and cancer. "Considering the high levels of these phytochemicals," said lead researcher Katherine Phillip, PhD "the sunflower kernel could be a powerhouse of health benefits".

http://www.wellnessbread.com/index.html
0 Replies