Prepare me for the scummy salesmen, I wanna buy a car

Piffka

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:21 pm
Isn't Craven looking for a car around $6000?
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 06:58 am
PIddle and Slappy,

Take it one step further and go Jetta TDI, Diesel.
The new 2004 ones have 100 hp at 4000 rpm. 177 ft pds torque at 1800 rpm.

I have a 1996 Passat TDI with 250,000 miles on it.
The motor is great. Burns a pint in 3,000 miles. (I use 5-30 fully synthetic oil year round). Gets 40-45 mpg (at 75-80 mph). How would you like to easily go 700 miles on a tank of fuel?
Starts right up at 10 below zero left outside. Well. not exactly "right up". Normallly, starting is almost instantanious. At 10 below, there is wait of about 15 seconds for the glow plug light to go out.

No one ever guesses our 1996 is a diesel.
The new ones are very, very quiet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 08:08 am
heeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

he said piddle . . .
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 09:19 am
Quiet? We've had a couple at the dealership(early-mid nineties), and when you start them, it sounds like two skeletons f#$king on a tin roof. They do last though.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 09:48 am
I know nothing about cars (except the fact that the Škodas are the best, I must say that for patriotic reasons), but we did a load of research on insurance companies. AMICA mutual insurance co. came out best. They will look at your record, the car and all that and give you quotes beforehand, and are very cooperative in advising how to bring your coverage price down. I pay less than $60 a month for a Honda Accord, although it's an older lady, 1991. My man has a 1998 Bimmer M3 and pays $120. I'd give them or other insurance company a call for advise on some models you're interested in.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 11:11 am
I pay $32/month without collision, $58 with for my 1984 BMW 325. Boston insurance rates suck. Then again, I know why, I lived there.
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 12:02 pm
Slappy, The early mid nineties(92-93) are gone. Things have changed. Bush was elected president, we've gone to war, automobiles have TV like screens that pickup information from satelites!!!!
We are in the early mid two thousands(02-04).
And the common rail system of fuel injection has been invented and developed. Just put "Common Rail fuel injection" on Google and see the response.

The common rail system used extremely high pressure injection. It also used multiple injections, two to five
for each stroke, which causes multiple explosions on each stroke. Part of the effect is a tremendous reduction in noise.
'
Drop in to your local VW dealer and check out a new Jetta diesel. I'll bet you eat your words.
0 Replies

sebby

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 09:44 am
16y/o car insurance. evolution? 350Z? gti r32?
"Are insurance prices based on age or length of driving record? Yes, the younger you are the higher your insurance rates, especially for those under 25 years old, and those who have points on their record."
Quote:

how much would a 16 year old pay for insurance if his first car was a new lacer evolution? nissan 350z? volkswagon gti r32?
thanks,sebby
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:30 am
sebby, what state are you in? What gender are you? Are any of the cars used (e. g. that might have a history of having been stolen)?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:19 pm
sebby : welcome to able2know ! contact an insurance broker (they don't like to be called "salespeople") and simply ask for quotes. even better, make an appointment to talk to a broker and take along the information on cars you intend to purchase. definetely get quotes from more than one insurance company; you might also check with the american automobile association. some insurance companies also provide "on-line" quotes. there are lots of options. do your research and write down the information and quotes you receive. DON"T ACT IN HASTE !!! hbg
0 Replies

lahondas

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 01:30 pm
Re: 16y/o car insurance. evolution? 350Z? gti r32?
sebby wrote:
"Are insurance prices based on age or length of driving record? Yes, the younger you are the higher your insurance rates, especially for those under 25 years old, and those who have points on their record."
Quote:

how much would a 16 year old pay for insurance if his first car was a new lacer evolution? nissan 350z? volkswagon gti r32?
thanks,sebby

hi sebby, pricing on both age and driving record time. now insurance prices depends on zip code and what kind of insurance you have or want to get. your age and sex.
0 Replies