How to respond to this argument against sanctioning Iran?

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 09:50 pm
I'm disgusted enough to use the "Ignore" function. And to think I had actually been following this guy!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 02:33 am
@wmwcjr,
What gets me is the way it sneaks up, some people are out and out bigots, what you see is what you get. You know what you're dealing with. Others seem quite reasonable, you chat away, they make a few valid points, then out of the blue they something unbelievably offensive. It's not so much the bigotry, but the fact that you were dealing with them as if they weren't bigotted. It knocks you back a bit.
Fido

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 05:50 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Fido,

Anti-jewish then. Seriously, why do you pretend you are not?

Lots of aspects of other societies we can find distasteful without resorting the drivel you produced in your previous posts.

Quote:
to respect human life
Which should be the point of all this, except people keep exagerating issues, bringing up irrelevant points to 'strengthen their argument', using prejudiced language, and in your case, - trivialising genocides...and calling for human respect.
To be correct; what I have is a great antagonism toward Jewish culture... It is not all without merit, but the thought that they are some how chosen, or some how entitled is the perfect sort of nonsense to justify the exploitation of humanity... And it is social poison, and I do not think it is unfair to ask of them that they give to the united states their full loyalty, especially when entering government service... They can be, in their way less crude, but in the same vein as they Gypsies, who justify their theft... Sorry world; but I do not like people around me protected by law who are impossible to trust... Join this society, follow our rules, love your fellow citizens, give loyalty to this nation; and leave the past behind, or get the hell out...

I am certain that many Jews (like those I am related to) who were the victims of Jews in the old land were able to break with the past, and now live in this land as Americans on their own labor and intelligence, and exploit no one to do so... I do not care who you are; If you think this people is only here for your exploitation, and that such behavior is moral because it is legal, then you will have to go... In that respect the Jews are better off then most because they have some place called home, a place they are loyal to, and want to return to... The fact that they are exhausting the water supply, and seeding enmity everywhere around them is just tough... If they want to call it home, they should start by making friends of the neighbors...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:05 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I'm disgusted enough to use the "Ignore" function. And to think I had actually been following this guy!

Look; I would never have married a Jewish girl if I had not suck up all of their victim nonsense... I do not think they are physically or genetically inferior... I do not believe they are less intelligent, but usually more intelligent... I do not like their culture as I have experienced it over the years that has hurt others, and hurt them for a little financial gain....I do not hate anyone, least of all my own grand children who have hurt no one... But I have friends who were hurt by Jewish people whose feelings border on hate if not by much, and it is from zero, having no reason to hate them because they were unconscious of them to having a reason because they were exploited and ill used... Do you think some Jew grocer in the Eastern Market cares if he screws some pickle farmer??? What can the pickle farmer do to him; except hate???

All those people who engender hate for Jews, justified or not, endanger my own flesh and blood, and that is no small matter with me... I like much of what America represents, as a place of Justice and liberty where all nations can live in peace... If your culture justifies the injustice this society is rotten with so that you can move out, and leave us to our pain, then you can get out now... Who ever invented dual citizenship should have been thrown in a pit... Even before there was dual citizenship there were too many with divided loyaties... MY first loyaty is to this people, and my second is to humanity, and my second is not the equal of my first...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What gets me is the way it sneaks up, some people are out and out bigots, what you see is what you get. You know what you're dealing with. Others seem quite reasonable, you chat away, they make a few valid points, then out of the blue they something unbelievably offensive. It's not so much the bigotry, but the fact that you were dealing with them as if they weren't bigotted. It knocks you back a bit.

What do you think Joseph thought of his Brothers??? What do you think Jesus thought of the Jews of his age, who would not even help a bloody and beaten man in a ditch??? What about them sueing each other for their tunic, or denying the support of their parents... If you read the whole Bible, you find a portrait of a people difficult to love and impossible to admire... I do not think it is bad to raise children with the notion that they are special... I do believe at some point they should be disabused of the notion that they are entitled... They are no worse than many people coming to this country today except for the fact that they have had time to shed the worst aspects of their cultures and become Americans, and many have... As long as people look at this place as home they will not forever justify their exploitation of the population, and so long as any of them wants to make their fortune so they can return home, and be a big man there, they wont be worth spit to America..
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:55 am
@izzythepush,
I know
0 Replies

tyler89

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 07:36 am
@Ceili,

very nice post. Lets hope to opposition in Iran is not too weak after the uprisings of 2009 (hope to get the year correct there).

Only thing I can't agree with you on is that Iran's neighbours are not going to stay put until they get vaporized by a nuclear bomb.
Saudi Arabia has a reason to be the country with the 7th highest military spending in the world (source: http://www.statista.com/statistics/157935/countries-with-the-highest-military-spending/ ) and I am kind of wondering if Israel shouldn't be in this list as well (do they actually publish their military spending?)

If Iran really is going to build that bomb they are going to have a hard time once they actually get close to being able to finish one, because at that point the neighbours with all that western world military equipment are going to make short work of Irans military.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 08:07 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Re: wmwcjr (Post 4863782)

I must say I was quite surprised. I never would have guessed that someone like Fido (with his cute, funny username and "proletarian" views) would harbor anti-Semitic attitudes. In fact, I'm shocked; but I really shouldn't be, since the enemies of the Jewish people have spanned the political spectrum from the far right to the far left. Sad (And for anyone else reading this, no, I'm not Jewish. Rolling Eyes )
Fido

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 08:37 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
Re: wmwcjr (Post 4863782)

I must say I was quite surprised. I never would have guessed that someone like Fido (with his cute, funny username and "proletarian" views) would harbor anti-Semitic attitudes. In fact, I'm shocked; but I really shouldn't be, since the enemies of the Jewish people have spanned the political spectrum from the far right to the far left. Sad (And for anyone else reading this, no, I'm not Jewish. Rolling Eyes )
Even if you were Christian and you read your Bible you would have the sense of Jesus and the Prophets had, and see the Jews for what they are, and not for what they want you to see... They are not any worse to others than they are to each other... And I know them, and I have lived with them, and made love to them, and bought their propaganda -and sold it too... They are not any worse than us, no better in fact... Their problem, and my problem with them is their culture which is what sets them apart in their eyes and in our own... If you cannot separate the person from their culture, even hypothetically or as an abstraction, then you are some kind of fool... I cannot hate a whole people based on the few I do know and do not hate... I am familiar with their social justifications found in their culture and history, and we all have them to an extent, but no one has them like the Jews...

Every body who does not like what Israel does, or what Jews do to have loot to take back to Israel is an anti Semite... Is it really so much to ask for all the people here to give their loyalty to this land and people???The Jews are few in number and will remain so... As the saying goes: it is fortunate that fools so outnumber scoundrels or else the scoundrels would have nothing to live on... You can feed the Jews, and you can think of them as victims, but it is no fine line that divides the minority from the elite... Like it or not, every day of the year many millions of your dollars go to support Isarel with absolutely no oversight or control...Did you give those people our tax dollars??? Are these people our friends??? Why then do they make new enemies for us where ever they go???
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 09:24 am
@Fido,
You can backpeddle as much as you like, and make claims about your family to show your non-racist credentials, but the fact is you posted highly offensive remarks about Jews. You didn't make nuanced remarks about the way the State of Israel treats the Palestinians. You made a blanket statement about all Jews. No amount of wheedling and backpeddling can alter that.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 09:30 am
@Fido,
Quote:
Every body who does not like what Israel does,............is an anti Semite

Bullshit. You are the one making anti-semitic comments. Members of the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign are not anti-semitic. Anyone who makes anti-semitic remarks is thrown out on their ear. There are prominent Jewish supporters of the campaign, Stephen Fry, Alexei Sayle and Gerald Kauffman MP to name a few. It's quite possible to want justice for the Palestinian people without hating Jews. You may not be able to function without irrational hatred, but most people can.
vikorr

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 05:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually Izzy - I wouldn't make an issue with highly offensive remarks, just because they are offensive - you can be very offensive and just be telling the truth. I do have a negative view on unsupportable diatribe.

Fido - you're now trying to come across as reasonable, and using history over 2000 years old to justify your reasoning - that is just plain ridiculous.

Quote:
To be correct; what I have is a great antagonism toward Jewish culture
That would be towards the Jews then. Sure you can make exceptions, but any you don't know that you see behaving like your view of 'their culture' you'll group together.

Quote:
I do not think it is unfair to ask of them that they give to the united states their full loyalty, especially when entering government service
More rubbish - everyone entering govt service has multiple loyalties. They can be fully loyal to the US and be loyal to their own people.

So they identify not just as americans, but as jewish americans, just as you have american negros, and native americans. The major issue you have then is that the Jews are more organised, more successful, and therefore more powerful. That they use this power to help others of their people that they identify with is not against Amercian values - America forms alliances, and it's strongest alliances are with white english speaking nations, and then with European nations. So the giving of loyalty to peoples you have an affinity with is not against American morals - just yours.

Quote:
They can be, in their way less crude, but in the same vein as they Gypsies, who justify their theft
How odd that you single out Jews here, rather than the much much more collectively massive American coorporations that have for the last 50 years raped much of the 3rd world. Why, greed seems almost the american thing to do.

Quote:
Sorry world; but I do not like people around me protected by law who are impossible to trust... Join this society, follow our rules, love your fellow citizens, give loyalty to this nation; and leave the past behind, or get the hell out...
And you trust your politicians?

What rules have the jewish americans broken? What loyalty have they not shown? Why should they not retain their heritage?

Why should they love you when you don't love them? What is to say they don't love the american people (just because they love their own people, doesn't mean they don't love America)? Don't you have the KKK? Neo Nazi's? Rednecks? American Negro's who hate whites? American born Muslims who hate other Americans? Rich who hate trailer trash? West side who hate East side? Slum dwellers who hate the rich. It's incredibly hypocritical to hold Jews to a much higher standard than so many other elements of American society.

Again - seriously - do you not see the ridiculous position your arguments put yourself in?

Quote:
The fact that they are exhausting the water supply, and seeding enmity everywhere around them is just tough... If they want to call it home, they should start by making friends of the neighbors...
By going back to the 1939 borders? The indefensible ones right? With enemies surrounding them on all sides, right?

Or perhaps by letting the palenstinians continue to launch rockets over their border without retaliation, right? Given the enmity in the region, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palestinians kept launching them for the next 2 decades. You make it seem like a simple thing - to make friends, or even just peace, with a peoples that hate you.

Quote:
Do you think some Jew grocer in the Eastern Market cares if he screws some pickle farmer??? What can the pickle farmer do to him; except hate???
Incredible - in my region, we have dairy farmers who are slowly going out of business because the large supermarkets screw them over at contract time - but there's not been one mention of hate. So yes - there are other ways of dealing with such, other than hating a people.

Besides...any Jew who runs food markets, who screwed over farmers to such an extent that they went out of business, would not get any vegetables and would screw himself over. By the way - Farmers themselves can (and do) form collectives.

Quote:
All those people who engender hate for Jews, justified or not, endanger my own flesh and blood, and that is no small matter with me
If that's the case, you are shooting yourself in your own foot - because the examples you use, the wording you use - is all designed to manipulate people into hating Jews.

Alright - I think I'll stop there : I'm too disgusted with having to pull your diatribe apart.

Funnily enough, I don't think I care one way or another whether Israel reformed in the first place, but now that it's there (and the forming of it produced such hatred, some rightfully so, some due to Islamic views of Islamic lands, and some for other various reasons) they do have a right to a defensible border, and to protect themselves. Other issues are debatable.

They also have a right to belong to a culture, whatever lands they live in. They have a right to be successful, and a right to be organised. They have a right to patronise their own establishments, and they have a right to look after their interests politically. While I'm not from the US - I recognise these as US values. The Jews just do it better than most other american organisations.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 03:57 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
By going back to the 1939 borders? The indefensible ones right? With enemies surrounding them on all sides, right?

Or perhaps by letting the palenstinians continue to launch rockets over their border without retaliation, right? Given the enmity in the region, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palestinians kept launching them for the next 2 decades. You make it seem like a simple thing - to make friends, or even just peace, with a peoples that hate you.

There's a good reason why there's a lot of antaganism towards Israel from its neighbours. The occupation of the West back is illegal and brutal. There are considerably more Palestinians killed by Israeli Security forces than Israeli's killed by Palestinian activists. The Israelis tend to break most of the ceasefires, and (mostly ineffective) rocket launches are symptomatic of a desperate need to fight back against a brutal and illegal occupation.

Quote:
With the most aggressively racist government ever in power, the Israeli occupation authorities have been prosecuting and imprisoning Palestinian children at will, mostly on bogus charges such as throwing stones at Israeli military vehicles and endangering the security and safety of the Israeli occupation forces in the West Bank.

According to the Israeli human rights group B'tselem, nearly 100 per cent of Palestinian children charged with stone-throwing are convicted owing to overwhelming pressure to plea bargain. Only one Palestinian minor out of 853 charged with stone-throwing between the years 2005 and 2010 was acquitted.

http://www.ptimes.org/main/default.aspx?xyz=BOgLkxlDHteZpYqykRlUuI1kx%2fVDUOFo%2bYs4E2ehcYJpKLVO4bkp4jpdfoovadi%2bLqL5Mqv62%2fHXLzb0z0SWeXtKEngj6PHKEH%2fBNIxW6FcuNd7WbMn444BvHNS0rmo6phJJl1SS50Y%3d

In America the Israeli lobby is fairly dominant, you don't tend to hear the other side of the argument quite so much. Have you gone on to youtube and entered the words Hebron and settlers? It's quite an eye opener.
vikorr

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There's a good reason why there's a lot of antaganism towards Israel from its neighbours. The occupation of the West back is illegal and brutal. There are considerably more Palestinians killed by Israeli Security forces than Israeli's killed by Palestinian activists. The Israelis tend to break most of the ceasefires, and (mostly ineffective) rocket launches are symptomatic of a desperate need to fight back against a brutal and illegal occupation.
I think you mistake my position on Israel - that it exists in a complex situation, with provocative actions on both sides. I've little doubt there are many competing interests, both for and against peace, and they don't work together - on either side. I've seen Israel make serious overtures for peace, which were rejected by Arafat, and I've seen missiles launched during peace talks by the Palestinians...and I've seen Israel retalitate in much greater poportion.

The greater force used by Israel is unfortunate, and provides great provocation...and yet I also understand why they feel the need to do so. It is almost a catch 22.

In relation to the kids throwing stones - given the antagonism that exists, the rules of engagement, combined with having seen enough footage of kids throwing stones - it's obvious that it's a very common occurrance. I've little doubt that the Israeli's have very decent video footage at their check points, which would be why most of the kids end up plea bargaining - it's hard to argue with CCTV footage.

The Israeli govt is also not 'the most aggresively racist govt ever in power'. They aren't committing genocide, unlike many other govt's in the last 100 years (Germany, the mess in old Yugoslavia, Sadam against the Kurds, lots of govt's in Africa). It is an exageration used for political purposes. Had they said 'an aggressive and racist govt' - that would have been highly accurate of both them, and of Hamas, and probably other groups in the region.
Fido

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:
Every body who does not like what Israel does,............is an anti Semite

Bullshit. You are the one making anti-semitic comments. Members of the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign are not anti-semitic. Anyone who makes anti-semitic remarks is thrown out on their ear. There are prominent Jewish supporters of the campaign, Stephen Fry, Alexei Sayle and Gerald Kauffman MP to name a few. It's quite possible to want justice for the Palestinian people without hating Jews. You may not be able to function without irrational hatred, but most people can.
I have not got time for irrational hatred... I am warry of any group within the United States that is united for its own purposes and interest especially when they seem contrary to the interests of the vast majority of people in the U.S.... There are things about the U.S. that makes such combinations possible, and at time desirable... I do not think Judaism would have much of a chance in the United States, of taking over so much of finance and government if Protestantism did not so agree with them theologically and with their world view...But then, the supposed sepparation of Church and State as a legal fiction has allowed the churches to take over the government, and even the military, and like the Jews to enjoy power far greater than their numbers justify... Who wants to argue that this has been good for America or that the backward, parochial views of the churches have fitted us for the future we see upon us??? I was raised Catholic, but I do not care for divided loyalties demanded by my faith... I am a union man, and I do not care for the divided loyaties to my class... When justice for me meant so many others had to live with injustice in their workplaces, clearly, trade unions do not go far enough...

The question is: What unions, corporations, combinations or cabbals are forced upon the people by the government, and which ones are engaged in purely to have ones benefit out of the loss of the many??? A more perfect union, justice, and tranquility, along with general welfare were the reason our government was allowed to be formed; and if our government has permitted injustice, and permitted organizations to prey upon people so that the people had to organize and form unions out of simple self defense, then the dues they are paying are justified, and the taxes they are paying are theft... We deserve the good for which government was created, and if people must combine in order to have a chance of having their rights to good government, to have protection from injustice and to see the welfare general, then their oppression is complete, and the rights of the individual which is the basis of democratic government are null and void...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 09:15 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
vikorr wrote:

Actually Izzy - I wouldn't make an issue with highly offensive remarks, just because they are offensive - you can be very offensive and just be telling the truth. I do have a negative view on unsupportable diatribe.

Fido - you're now trying to come across as reasonable, and using history over 2000 years old to justify your reasoning - that is just plain ridiculous.[/quote[quote]
Quote:
] Sorry; but I do not see how they have changed... If you look only a genesis; you see a lot of lessons about behavior where the head strong were chastized, if not by God, then by their fellow... Judging by later books, I doubt that they got the message... There is no argument from me about the resiliency of their culture, or about their cultures contribution to world culture generally... They prize education, and in hanging onto their culture as though a rock in a rage, their children must learn two languages, and two cultures which is to learn something significant about all language and culture... Because so many are numerologists they are made for math and science... All I would ask of them is to give that last full measure of devotion to this country and forsake all others... Israel is a single place they once bought to have a grave for Sarah, and you can hear her name in the name of the country and of the nation of her children, and all the rest they bought with violence... It is a curse to them, and we have made it a curse to us... If they had ever once given each other justice in that land they would not have lost it...

Quote:
To be correct; what I have is a great antagonism toward Jewish culture
That would be towards the Jews then. Sure you can make exceptions, but any you don't know that you see behaving like your view of 'their culture' you'll group together.

There are a lot of cultures I do not much care for including my own... We all have defects and we all suffer our defects and cause others to suffer them... There are a lot of things I admire about Jews personally and culturally... What I dislike about the Jews generally is certainly shared by the protestants since they turned their religion back toward Judaism as much as Paul turned it away... I do not care who anyone is, or where they come from; but I would not think myself human if I judged them before hand as individuals based upon what I know, like, or dislike about their culture.... That is true for all, and I never assume a person is a friend simply because he looks and acts like me... I am guarded without being prejudicial toward all...

Quote:
Quote:
I do not think it is unfair to ask of them that they give to the united states their full loyalty, especially when entering government service
More rubbish - everyone entering govt service has multiple loyalties. They can be fully loyal to the US and be loyal to their own people.

So they identify not just as americans, but as jewish americans, just as you have american negros, and native americans. The major issue you have then is that the Jews are more organised, more successful, and therefore more powerful. That they use this power to help others of their people that they identify with is not against Amercian values - America forms alliances, and it's strongest alliances are with white english speaking nations, and then with European nations. So the giving of loyalty to peoples you have an affinity with is not against American morals - just yours.

In one sense at least, most people have come to this land as failures with the desire to strike it rich, and return to the old country and right some wrongs... I have seen it with people like myself, with some Irish in them and a few bucks going back to blow their dough and look big... With Muslims and Jews it is forever different... Their eyes are always turned to that place of their religion, and they never find life good among the blunt skulls... The old joke the Jews once told about a guy selling Arab brains for half the price of Jewish brains because the Arab one had never been used is a good example of the sort of contempt Jews held for Arabs... The fact is that there is nothing wrong with the heads of either group, and that the only way to account for their irracibility and intractability is culture... As we should all do; and yet, to this land, and to this people you should give you first, and final loyalty... Ireland and Germany live in my for sure, but so does America, and the ideas for which we have fought, and worked... We can save the world from tyranny if we can first establish freedom here; but I would not ask a Jew to help me fight for freedom, or an Arab... They are more inclined to work with tyrants and live with them than to resist them... It is cultural...

Quote:
Quote:
They can be, in their way less crude, but in the same vein as they Gypsies, who justify their theft
How odd that you single out Jews here, rather than the much much more collectively massive American coorporations that have for the last 50 years raped much of the 3rd world. Why, greed seems almost the american thing to do.

I do not like corporations either... I do not like any group which combines against the people under the protection of our laws... But; this country was established by the rich and the rich were the first to benefit... This government did not take on the rights of the Federation, but it did assume all of its debt which was held by the rich or speculators, and that was only the beginning... The thing is, that some time organizations are forced on the people in defense of their rights from corporations or government, and some times organizations are formed to take advantage of people and government... If the government would do its job, no corporation unwilling and unable to demonstrate a pure public purpose would be allowed to exist... Why should the people accept any exploitation... Why should the people accept these groups running the government and dragging us into war???

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry world; but I do not like people around me protected by law who are impossible to trust... Join this society, follow our rules, love your fellow citizens, give loyalty to this nation; and leave the past behind, or get the hell out...
And you trust your politicians?

What rules have the jewish americans broken? What loyalty have they not shown? Why should they not retain their heritage?

Why should they love you when you don't love them? What is to say they don't love the american people (just because they love their own people, doesn't mean they don't love America)? Don't you have the KKK? Neo Nazi's? Rednecks? American Negro's who hate whites? American born Muslims who hate other Americans? Rich who hate trailer trash? West side who hate East side? Slum dwellers who hate the rich. It's incredibly hypocritical to hold Jews to a much higher standard than so many other elements of American society.

Again - seriously - do you not see the ridiculous position your arguments put yourself in?

Yes; much of what is wrong with this place is allowed and supported by law... I do not care that people retain something of their heritage as long as they conform to our laws... I do not accept, even if I understand when a man of Islam kills his daughter for dishonoring the family... Family is the key to their success and survival, and honor is essential; and yet, if we do not worry for our honor, why should we fret about his??? A lot of people come here unable to get the stink of the old country and ways off of them, and it usually takes a generation... The Jews on the other hand have never lost their culture and defend it before life, and I know they look at it as the key to their surviving many catastophes... But what if that was the cause of the catastophes they have suffered... To me, it was an obscenity above all of the rest, that Hitler had German war heroes packed into the gas chambers with the rest only because they were Jews... These were men who had proved their loyalty...And they were right to do so... To me it is funny that the two greatest anti semites in Germany, Wagner and Hitler were both trying to destroy what they feared as a genetic connection to judaism that was fiction in Wagner, and likely fact in Hitler... The influence and contribution of Jews to German culture was undeniable, and yet, Wagner denied it... Perhaps the Jews are correct to take the lesson from Germany that they should not give their complete loyalty to one country, but I think, the U. S. is only like Germany in its faults, and not identical in its failings...

The ideas upon which this country was first made free are entirely worthy of our total support, and we have no common nationality and must settle for the alma mater or great ideas, and if the Jews or any other group cannot pledge and mean complete fidelity to those ideas, then they should leave before they destroy us...

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that they are exhausting the water supply, and seeding enmity everywhere around them is just tough... If they want to call it home, they should start by making friends of the neighbors...

[/quote]

Once you have read about the nasty **** the Jews have done to the Arabs it is difficult to expect peace, let alone friendship...And they give no indication of ever settling for what they have, but want alway more... I speak English, though it is not the mother tongue of any of my people, and I rate the murder of my language right up there with the murder of people since the one usually follows the other... When the Jews can missle an apt. complex full of women and children, and say after the carnage that it is a terrible tragedy they reduce the measure of their criminality as much as they abuse the meaning of the word to serve a political purpose... Is that purpose mine??? Is there some reason other than the outrageous influence of Jews on my government for my being tied to the murder of children??? As a Palastinian told me: Religion has nothing to do with it... If some one comes and bulldozes your house down and tells you to get the hell of of property your people have owned for hundreds of years you would hate him no matter where he worships his God... I do not care what religion you profess... If that religion justifies your injury to this people so you can support the injury of other people else where you will never be my friend...

Quote:
Quote:
Do you think some Jew grocer in the Eastern Market cares if he screws some pickle farmer??? What can the pickle farmer do to him; except hate???
Incredible - in my region, we have dairy farmers who are slowly going out of business because the large supermarkets screw them over at contract time - but there's not been one mention of hate. So yes - there are other ways of dealing with such, other than hating a people.

I am not saying they always act in their own best interest, and usually, and history agrees, that what they do has seldom worked toward their best interest... In this case I think the grocer in question reasoned that he could make a smooth profit with a simple rengotiation of a verbal contract and in doing so would add to the number of people who hated his guts and the guts of all Jews for which he would suffer little, and while the child of the one affected would go about aware of Jews and their influence and power in society, that his anti semitism would make little headway against the general hope and optimism of people... Hate is a great load to carry, and it is a poor substitute for hope, but a substitute none the less that has forged mass movements such as the Nazis...

Quote:
Besides...any Jew who runs food markets, who screwed over farmers to such an extent that they went out of business, would not get any vegetables and would screw himself over. By the way - Farmers themselves can (and do) form collectives.

Quote:
All those people who engender hate for Jews, justified or not, endanger my own flesh and blood, and that is no small matter with me
If that's the case, you are shooting yourself in your own foot - because the examples you use, the wording you use - is all designed to manipulate people into hating Jews.

Sorry you take it that way... I don't hate and do not encourage it... I have often been on the other side of the argument, and I certainly believe all cultures have something to offer America... Their power and influence far outweighs their number, and what we do for Israel makes us the enemy of people we would rather have as friends... We have to quit letting the tail of Israel wag the dog of America...

Quote:
Alright - I think I'll stop there : I'm too disgusted with having to pull your diatribe apart.

Funnily enough, I don't think I care one way or another whether Israel reformed in the first place, but now that it's there (and the forming of it produced such hatred, some rightfully so, some due to Islamic views of Islamic lands, and some for other various reasons) they do have a right to a defensible border, and to protect themselves. Other issues are debatable.

They also have a right to belong to a culture, whatever lands they live in. They have a right to be successful, and a right to be organised. They have a right to patronise their own establishments, and they have a right to look after their interests politically. While I'm not from the US - I recognise these as US values. The Jews just do it better than most other american organisations.
[/quote]
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 08:46 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I think you mistake my position on Israel - that it exists in a complex situation, with provocative actions on both sides. I've little doubt there are many competing interests, both for and against peace, and they don't work together - on either side. I've seen Israel make serious overtures for peace, which were rejected by Arafat, and I've seen missiles launched during peace talks by the Palestinians...and I've seen Israel retalitate in much greater poportion.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you do seem to be more sympathetic towards the Israelis. Arafat has been dead for a long time now, and he wasn't known for making wise decisions, notably his support of Saddam Hussein in the first gulf war. Having said that if conditions for peace are so heavily stacked in favour of one side it makes the negotiations a sham. I did say earlier that the Israel lobby is very good at getting its message across, you talk of missiles launched by Palestinians and a disproportionate Israeli response. Missile is too strong a word, they're glorified fireworks, and most of the time they're launched in response to a targetted missile strike on a Palestinian 'militant,' with absolutely no regard for civilian casualties.

Quote:
The greater force used by Israel is unfortunate, and provides great provocation...and yet I also understand why they feel the need to do so. It is almost a catch 22.

The fact that you feel that about Israel shows how successful they are in manipulating the media. They are not in a catch 22, they are brutally suppressing the civilian population, subjecting them to daily humiliation, and denying the sick medical treatment.

Quote:
The Israeli govt is also not 'the most aggresively racist govt ever in power'.

The Palestinian Times is not the most objective of news sources, and the use of emotive language can be a bit much. They are not anyway near as effective in getting their message across as the Israeli lobby. In this instance the phrase 'most aggresively racist govt ever in power,' referred solely to Israeli goverments/administrations. It is saying that the current administration is more agressively racist than previous administrations.

Whichever way you look at it though, there is a form of apartheid going on in Israel. The Palestinians are on the bottom followed by the Sephardic (black and middle eastern)Jews in the middle with the Ashkenazic(white European/American) on top.

Quote:
The ultra-Orthodox network that runs the Beit Yaakov girls school in the West Bank settlement of Immanuel must pay NIS 5,000 for every day it continues to violate an August court order requiring it to eliminate any vestige of ethnic discrimination at the school, the High Court of Justice ruled Wednesday.

Seventy-four girls, mostly of Ashkenazi origin, have been studying in an adjacent unauthorized school since the court, along with the Education Ministry, called on the school to stop holding separate classes for Ashkenazi and Sephardi students.

Wednesday's ruling came in response to a petition by the head of Noar Kahalacha, an organization that combats anti-Sephardi discrimination, accusing the school of contempt of court. The High Court said the school had authorized the girls' absence.

Noar Kahalacha lawyer Aviad Hacohen called implementation of the court's ruling "an important test of the rule of law."

"It is hoped that the parents of the students and the teachers and all the others involved in the improper discrimination come to their senses," he said.

No response was available from the ultra-Orthodox education network.

The court has scheduled a hearing with the parents of the 74 girls, who will be asked to explain why they should not be viewed as accessories to the violation of the earlier order. They will also be asked whether furniture and equipment from the Beit Yaakov school is being used at the unauthorized institution and whether teachers from Beit Yaakov are being employed, either directly or indirectly, at the new school.

The school administration and municipal council have refused to get involved in proceedings against the parents, prompting the Education Ministry to file a complaint with the police contending that the new arrangement is a violation of the compulsory education law. Several weeks ago the ministry also ordered the unauthorized school closed.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/haredi-school-network-fined-for-discriminating-against-sephardim-1.843
Fido

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
War is a form of relationship, and not much of one when it leaves one or the other side dead... But; the last thing anyone should expect from a relationship is equality... Even where equality is an ideal it is a fiction... People are not equal, and their abilities and supplies are not equal... War often gives to the side most willing to waste supplies and men an advantage... It is often reasoned that with the war over or the battle won, that people can make up their losses out of the stores of the enemy... One side can beat fanatacism with brutality, and as has become general since the first world war, women and children can be invited into carnage...Insanity can best insanity by being more brutally insane... Good propaganda can make any cause good... Behind it all are two human beings needing what any two human beings need, to be realized and recognized, and until that happens only the death of one will save the other...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 10:14 am
Israel could attack Iran over nuclear program as early as April: U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 12:13 pm
@revelette,
No matter what they do; we will eat the blame... Israel is the 51st state.
0 Replies