Christian QB erases Steelers

gungasnake

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:48 pm
@gungasnake,
The opinion of the two guys who matter:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fox-elway-agree-tim-tebow-earned-start-2012-221258523.html

DrewDad

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 11:51 pm
@gungasnake,
Seen on Fark:

gungasnake

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:27 am
@DrewDad,
"Fark"??
maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:31 am
I am not anti-Christian. I even voted for Obama.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:32 am
@gungasnake,

"fair & balanced"

Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 06:54 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am not anti-Christian. I even voted for Obama.

Bork Obunga's a muslim. I mean in theory you'd figure nobody could be a communist and a muslim at the same time but that theory seems to be falling by the wayside at present.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 08:51 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

"Fark"??

A news aggregator. fark.com
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 08:54 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
[Barak Obama]'s a muslim.

Sure. That's why he eats pork, drinks wine, doesn't pray on a prayer mat, and attends church.
Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 09:19 am
He eats pork, huh? I wonder if i could get a ham sammich from him . . .
maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2012 07:13 pm
@DrewDad,
Maybe Tim Tebow is a Muslim. He does seem to pray five times a day.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:18 pm
@Setanta,

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

That's why I like Tim Tebow - call him a crappy football player, call him flashy and obnoxious in his bowing on his knee and praying during a game...

He is kind. He loves people. He goes above and beyond what he has to do. He has a handle on what is important. Doesn't give a rip who thinks he sucks as a football player. Very Happy I LOVE that about him.
panzade

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:35 pm
@mismi,
Me too. I think max gets freaked out by Tebow's overt Christian displays; me, I don't pay them no mind.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 03:26 pm
@mismi,
I've said this before. There was no off season this year due to the contract mess and Denver got to 1-4 with their veteran QB before deciding they had nothing left to lose and let Tebow start in what was a totally hopeless situation, his last previous real game on a college field. To parlay that into a spot in playoffs and a first round win over last season's conference champion Pittsburg is astounding. Tebow has one of the game's truly great QBs there to teach him anything he missed out on in college and the physical gifts Tebow brings to the game are unteachable, even as boxers cannot be taught raw punching power.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 06:35 pm
@mismi,
Quote:

He is kind. He loves people. He goes above and beyond what he has to do. He has a handle on what is important. Doesn't give a rip who thinks he sucks as a football player. Very Happy I LOVE that about him.

Do you love athiests who are kind, love people, have a handle on what is important and don't give a rip who thinks they are great? I find the atheists I have known tend to be kinder and more in tune with what is important than the Christians I know.

The real thing is that whether a person prays or not to a God they believe in or not in private doesn't matter. When someone makes their personal beliefs public in such an in your face way they become fair game.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 06:52 pm
@maxdancona,
actually, yes she does...

Mismi is kinda special that way.

(we don't need to tell her I said so, though...)
mismi

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 09:37 am
@Rockhead,
I cannot see a thing (phth) ((thank you Rock))

I do try to love people in spite of what they believe or how annoying they are...sometimes I do a good job- sometimes not so much. I think most people are like that in the things that they endeavor to do. That's the thing about being human - all those messy screw ups.

Quote:
The real thing is that whether a person prays or not to a God they believe in or not in private doesn't matter. When someone makes their personal beliefs public in such an in your face way they become fair game.

Absolutely. I am sure Tebow knows that as well.

Have at it.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 09:47 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I find the atheists I have known tend to be kinder and more in tune with what is important than the Christians I know.

I do think Christians have a tendency to get a little tunnel vision sometimes. We seem to be constantly on the defensive. What I have learned especially since being involved in A2K - is that it's not necessary. I don't have to defend what I believe. It is what it is. If I hear something you have to say and it throws my belief system into a downward spiral then it really wasn't much of a belief for me in the first place.

The fact is - people are going to believe what they are going to believe. There is no need to beat the hell out of each other to prove that we are right. Either we are, or we are not. If we examine ourselves thoroughly and at the end of the day we are at peace with what we understand to be true. Then I say let it be. What a tremendous blessing. If we are not at peace - then we keep seeking.

I don't see a need to run away from other philosophies. I don't see the need to pound my point home. I guard my heart carefully by constantly reading and seeking what I believe. I think we should all do that.

The basis of my faith is love. I love God. I love my family. I love others. The very best that I can. If I have accomplished that at the end of the day - then I am a happy person. [edit: My beliefs are very Christian though. Based on New Testament standards - it is not some conglomeration of different things - I don't want to misrepresent myself Smile ]

Turning back to Tebow...I see that in him. And I reiterate that I love that about him.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 09:57 am
@mismi,
Quote:
What I have learned especially since being involved in A2K - is that it's not necessary. I don't have to defend what I believe...

You should consider what I do. That is, rather than try to convert the atheists and evolosers to Christianity (too much of a change to swallow in one bite), I try to convert them to Rastafari which is still a major advance from atheism/evolution, and assume they can find their own way from Rastafari to Christianity when they're ready for it.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 10:28 am
@gungasnake,
That's funny. I always talk to Christians about Pastafarianism.

May you be touched by His noodly appendage.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 10:31 am
@DrewDad,
http://images5.cpcache.com/product_zoom/484570665v2_460x460_Front_Color-White_padToSquare-true.jpg

Like I say, it beats evolution.