I need the 411 on cell phones

jcboy

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:11 pm
@boomerang,
I am in no way an Apple fanboy. I hate the cult of sheep that wait in line for the new iPhone or iPad without ever considering a product from a different manufacturer that might be significantly cheaper or more powerful. However, I have done my research and I respect Android but I think I'm still leaning towards an iPhone 4S. I've heard all the arguments that you can "do more" on a good Android phone but, in the end, it's a PHONE. I like the iOS interface and the display quality. Of course thats just my opinion Cool Very Happy
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:19 pm
@jcboy,
You know, I just switched from an Android to an iPhone 4S - no comparison!
The iPhone is so much better and so easy to use, it's really a no brainer.
jcboy

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's what I've heard and I'm getting a new one this weekend, and btw I am however a Star Wars fanboy lol, have a lovely weekend Jane Razz
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:46 pm
I love my iPhone 4 - my sister had the 3 and now has the 4S - you can do just about anything on it. She tried to hook me and I only bought one when my Samsung Galaxy quit working properly. I would text or dial a number and hit Send and it just wouldn't send. It was a stupid piece of crap. So I extended my contract and got the iPhone and just love it. Since I have a MacBook, it synchs perfectly, and I have apps like: a compass, magnifying glass, flashlight, flight info, weather info, tip calculator, language converter, measurement converter, games, yellow pages, weather, my bank, a level, currency converter, tripadvisor, etc etc etc - love, love, love it!

The plan you buy has nothing to do with your phone and all with what you want to do with it, ie. internet, minutes calling, long distance, texting, etc.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 05:52 pm
@jcboy,
I really don't get the whole brand loyalty crap. I replaced my toshiba netbook last september with a macbook air (and it is awesome). But why would that compel me to use an iphone? whatever
jcboy wrote:
I've heard all the arguments that you can "do more" on a good Android phone
Thats a popular statement from the android fanboys. It's not a very good one because it assumes the user knows/wants to know how to "do more".

I do know how, so my last upgrade a few weeks ago was an android (though I was on the fence -- third-party iphone hackers are starting to do some good stuff). That said, I'd imagine that most people looking for a smartphone would enjoy the iphone for it's 'out of the box' performance.
0 Replies