Will Verizon be the only carrier availabe?

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:24 am
Motorola makes some great phones for cricket, are there any plans to program a droid for cricket in the near future?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,239 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 02:02 am
@rpalmer62,
Most of the verizon phones cricket customers have been flashing. I dont know to much about that so your best off asking a cricket customer service agent. Very Happy
teddyearp

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:38 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Right now, the phone that we are calling the Droid will only be available for VZW, but there is another model that still had a bit of the codename "Sholes" that got passed by the FCC at the same time that is a GSM phone, but not using the frequencies that AT&T and T-Mobile use, so the speculation is that this 'other' model is for European release.

As for being able to 'flash' it for Cricket use, the security of the chip itself looks to be pretty formidiable so flashing this phone with another carrier's firmware might be a ways off. I would guess that if one could 'root' the phone (again going to be hard to do) and then be able to input Cricket's data info, there might be a chance, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
0 Replies