Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 04:05 pm
Well I called Customer Service to order two new batteries... one for my daughter's Chocolate III and one for my son's (my old) Dare. Both were getting squirrelly in their old age, and were not going to make it to our NE2 in late April.

Customer Service rep Ken saw that the cost of the batteries would be about $80 total, and it made little sense to replace them only to trade them in three months from now. So a quick e-mail to his Supervisor and suddenly:

VERIZON ADVANCED MY NEW EVERY 2 TO TODAY!

Yep, in lieu of new batteries, my family is going to get NEW PHONES tomorrow instead of waiting until April! My kids both want an Eris, and we'll probably get something simple for the Darling Bride (who, despite her radiant beauty, is admittedly technologically impaired). Very Happy

Goes to show the lengths this company will go to make their customers happy. Naturally, they also know that my monthly bill will skyrocket with at least 3 data plans... this was undoubtedly calculated into their decision. But we are gonna be a happy family tomorrow when we make the trip to the Verizon store!

Do YOU have a good news story about Verizon? If you're close to your New Every 2, then make some phone calls. It never hurts to ask!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,342 • Replies: 11
No top replies

linmk2

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:46 pm
@The Chief,
I do have a Verizon story that goes back many years. What I'm going to relate, is the reason I have stayed with Verizon. I've never been much of a cell phone user. As such, my calling plans have always been the least expensive. My mom became very ill and I had to take her to a distant city for care. Most of my time was spent at the hospital. My only means of communication was my trusty Motorola flip phone (remember those). In one month my bill was over $500! I contacted Verizon and asked if I could change plans for the coming months and revert back to my old plan when I returned to my home. Not only did they change plans without a problem but made it retro back a month. Instead of my bill being $500 it was closer to $200. I'm not sure if they would do that now, but it sure helped me out at that time. You see, because of the length of my stay, I lost my job too. So saving of few bucks, helped a great deal. I will always remember how Verizon "stepped up" in my time of need.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:26 pm
@The Chief,
congrats! we were able to get them to move my wife's upgrade price to sooner. im sure its same as you, chief...more money in their pockets every month. my (almost 70 year old) dad just got an eris this week. im amazed, since he had a BB pearl and barely knew how to make calls, text and use the web with it. but hey, convinced him android is the wave of the future!
The Chief

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 06:31 pm
@saintlewi,
That's a great story! I can imagine my Darling Bride with a Droid... weapon of mass destruction in her hands :rolleyes: she wouldn't use a tenth of the capabilities. She says she wants a Jitterbug, something R E A L L Y simple.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 07:46 pm
@The Chief,
My last dealings with Verizon was to address both phantom charges and why a smartphone plan costs $40 instead of $30 ($ 30 + $10 cause its an additional line because smartphones can't be prime numbers). Also asked about the new pricing and its only for the unlimited plan.
The Chief

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:37 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
What do you mean? My Droid is my phone, and I am the primary line!
I guess I had better check my bill! Are you saying that I have to choke down an extra ten n bucks?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 04:08 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2164 wrote:
What do you mean? My Droid is my phone, and I am the primary line!
I guess I had better check my bill! Are you saying that I have to choke down an extra ten n bucks?

What plan are you using? I had the Premium package w/ 2 Dares and 3 add on basics. When I got the Droid, I was told that the Droid could not be the primary line b/c it was a smartphone, so we had to change to the Connect plan, and my g/f had to become the primary.

I was originally planning that since I already had a premium package that cost $15 that I'd only be adding another $15 to make a total of $30. When we went over how the new plan would work, they said I'd actually only be paying $10 more. So I was expecting to go from $213 to $223 (plus whatever tax is applicable). Instead, my bill is $238.

Also, I was told that when I upgrade my g/f to an Android device that we'll have to redo the plans again. Grrr...
saintlewi

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:20 pm
@The Chief,
hmm...yankee: are you going to the same v-store every time? might want to try a different place. my wife and i went from an env2 and dare, respectively, to her blackberry curve2 and my droid. both smartphones. those are all we have on our plans; kids arent old enough yet. we have the $99 a month plan for 700 minutes and (i believe) unlimited texts, plus $30 for each smart phone data package, plus $10 for my wife to have the navigation. add taxes/fees and remove a 7 or 8% discount from work, we spend about $160-ish a month. like ive said before, wish there was a family/data plan discount, but oh well. love my phone.

that being said, i would check and see what's up with your bill/plan. i think you can do better, depending on who you talk to.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 10:32 pm
@saintlewi,
Yeah, every time I go in there I'm talking to someone new that is often less informed on cellular matters than me (and I have sites like this to thank for it). Problem is there's only one actual VZW store in the area (that really boggles my mind). We have a few authorize dealers, but I don't know of they can meddle with existing plans. Can they?
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:35 am
@YankeeDudeL,
YankeeDudeL;2175 wrote:
What plan are you using?

I have a 700-minute Family Select Plan with a Droid as Primary, an Eris, a Chocolate Touch and an Envy 3 for the Darling Bride. FOUR MANDATORY DATA PLANS. :mad:

So the ten bucks is irrelevant. My bill is going through the roof.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 12:01 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2186 wrote:
I have a 700-minute Family Select Plan with a Droid as Primary, an Eris, a Chocolate Touch and an Envy 3 for the Darling Bride. FOUR MANDATORY DATA PLANS. :mad:

So the ten bucks is irrelevant. My bill is going through the roof.

Ok, the last guy I talked to did mention the Select plan. When I told him that in a few months the girlie would be getting a smartphone, he advised that it'd be wise to make that switch. But he also said that we'd have to rearrange the primary again.

We moved to the Connect plan so that girlie could still get Data and unlimited text (sacrificing VZ Navigator...even though she was getting charged an additional $10 dollars b/c they never turned it off after switching plans from the Premium package). Only one other line has data, now.
0 Replies

war eagle 69

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 11:08 am
@The Chief,
When I got Droids for myself and my son, we had an extra $10 charge I did not expect but it was to change us from our old 500 minute plan to the 700 minute family plan like The Chief. My droid is the primary line on the account. They said they could not put the new smartphones on the old no-longer-offered 500 minute plan.

Our area is all authorized dealers which I do not like to deal with. I drive about 25 miles to the closest actual Verizon store. We have had much better sales reps there.
0 Replies