Family Plans and Smart Phones

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 01:19 am
I'm the account holder and primary number of 5 lines. I had two Premium plans and 3 Select plans. Once I upgraded to the Droid, things had to shift around a bit, as a smartphone couldn't be listed under a Premium plan. To keep the unlimited data plans, my g/f had to become the primary number as her and my bro became Connect plans and I became a Select/Smartphone plan. Anyone else have this kinda issue? Or did I just not make sense?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,170 • Replies: 1
No top replies

saintlewi

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:02 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
ok, my point might not count as i have not yet purchased my droid, but...

speaking with different verizon people and different stores, we will have to "downgrade" our plan...basically, we (2 phones, me and my wife, on a family plan) pay about $130 a month for 700 minutes and unlimited text/nav/web/etc. (i have the dare, she has evn2, BTW). we were told that in order to get all the smartphone goodies on the droid, our plan would go DOWN to the 700 mins/$99 a month plan. then, i would pay another $30/month for droid 'smart' features. the problem is that on the $99 plan, my wife doesnt have all the stuff (text, nav, etc) for her phone. we could get it all, BUT we would have to add each "piece" (nav, text, web, etc), and pay for each and every add-on. that would result in about $50 for everything on top of the $99 and $30...so, we are getting her a smartphone (probably a BB- she hates touchscreens...i still love her, though) and getting her the $30 package as well. so, about $30 more a month that what we are paying now. but we both get smartphones out of it, so worthwhile.
0 Replies