Verizon to Allow Unlmited Skype!

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:07 am
WOW :eek: You mean tightwad, controlling VERIZON is going to allow unlimited Skype across their network? YES!

ARTICLE HERE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,293 • Replies: 3
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:31 am
@The Chief,
It's amazing, really. I was sooo getting ready to leave Verizon because of their 'tightwad' attitude. When the announced the Droid, I figured I'd give them one more chance. First open-sourced Android w/ free Google Nav, then they dropped they price of their unlimited plan by $30, and now this? They must have been Scrooged.
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 01:20 pm
@The Chief,
so ive only used skype a couple times on my laptop to let me parents video chat with my kids. never done anything else, like normal phone calls. i take it, with skype on droid, we wont have to use our minutes AT ALL, since we have the data plan? am i assuming this correctly?
The Chief

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 03:01 pm
@saintlewi,
The forthcoming Skype Mobile application will also support Skype Out calling, instant messaging between Skype users and an ability to "remain always connected... to see friends' online presence."

Sounds like the app will allow us to use data to make calls without using minutes at all! I'm not sure how that will work with calling out to non-Skype people, since I don't have that many friends or family with Skype. Anyone else know Skype enough to fill in the blanks here?
0 Replies