is this a good way to get my ex back

contrex

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:44 am
Trying to get a failed relationship to unfail can be a bit like trying to stuff all the neutrons back into a fissioning critical mass of uranium. Possibly very desirable, but sadly not possible. The OP says that girl said she "still loves him but now wants to be just friends". This is the classic let-him-down-gently method. The interest that the OP has shown in schemes to manipulate her (or the "social situation" as some people seem to want to see it) so he can "get her back" like a lost car may be a hint as to why she dumped him. Some people have very highly developed antennae for sensing certain propensities in a partner or lover, and she may just have decided to bail because of what she perceived as a fundamental part of his character.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 08:26 am
I doubt if these people are even out of their teens. (see original post)

They twitter, facebook and email their social life happenings.

I wonder if this is even a real relationship.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:52 am
@contrex,
I agree with contrex about perhaps the girl is trying to let him down gently.

Or perhaps SHE is the one who doesn't have "the stones" to just tell the guy she doesn't want to see him anymore.

I believe it's less common than is popularly perceived that people want to remain friends after a romantic breakup.
Cordial to each other when they happen to run into each other sure.....but that's not being friends.

I've broken up with guys, and they have broken up with me. We were polite with each other afterwards, but didn't hang out.

If this young man is truly interested in renewing the relationship, instead of basing it on lies and deception, I suggest he back away for a time, at least a few weeks.

Then approach her again and see about renewing the romance.

I think this is a better long term solution.
0 Replies

softballstar 48

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:55 am
@mbayaa86,
i am going to have to say no because if she had the idea of being just friends first then she thinks that your just agreeing with her idea
I Think
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 11:48 am
@mbayaa86,
mbayaa86 wrote:

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been going out for like 2 monthes and a half and yesterday we got into a big arguement and she says she still loves me but she wants to try to be friends. and i messaged her on facebook saying this "I Want to tell you that you were right about being just friends...I guess we do need space. Amazingly something wonderful happened recently...I guess when things happen they happen for a reason. I feel right about seeing eachother as friends. (:" do you think that will make her feel like she wants me back cause she knows im moved on and happy ?

First of all, 2.5 months is not a long time to be in a relationship and if you're having all this drama already, it's probably not the right relationship for you.

Secondly, why would you say you want to be friends when you really want more? If you want her back, tell her that. If you want to be friends, tell her that.

I think you're very young, emotionally, at any rate, and need to do some more living and growing before becoming involved with anyone else.

Games and lies do not belong in any kind of relationship.
0 Replies