is this a good way to get my ex back

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:14 pm
Okay so me and my girlfriend have been going out for like 2 monthes and a half and yesterday we got into a big arguement and she says she still loves me but she wants to try to be friends. and i messaged her on facebook saying this "I Want to tell you that you were right about being just friends...I guess we do need space. Amazingly something wonderful happened recently...I guess when things happen they happen for a reason. I feel right about seeing eachother as friends. (:" do you think that will make her feel like she wants me back cause she knows im moved on and happy ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,132 • Replies: 24
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:16 pm
@mbayaa86,
Well, if your intention is to be 'just friends', it sounds pretty good. Is that really your intention?
mbayaa86

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:17 pm
@roger,
no, my intentions are to get her back. and maybe if she knows im happy without her she will want me back ?
roger

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:34 pm
@mbayaa86,
It sounds to me like you are endorsing the status quo. Just my opinion, but I think you might have reworded the message to reflect what you actually want.

Really, if you indicate you're happy without her, her natural reaction is likely to be "Good. I'm glad you're happy. Keep it that way".

Of course, I've been married and divorced three times. Maybe you should wait for further advice.
mbayaa86

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 09:43 pm
@roger,
Yeah, but she still loves me and everything. the only reason she doesent want a relationship was cause we had alot of drama but she still likes me alot
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 10:02 pm
So . . . you agreed with her! She got what she wants.

Now you can see if she will stick to just being "friends." and if that is good enough for you.

(Stop playing games: if you want to be more than friends, then speak up. If she does not, then move on.)
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 10:08 pm
@mbayaa86,
mbayaa86 wrote:

I guess when things happen they happen for a reason.

Biggest throw-away statement ever devised. Of COURSE things happen for a reason In this instance the 'reason' she wanted to be friends was because you got into a big argument (I'm guessing here, but probably largely attributed to you), and you, knowing that you were a complete asshole, are just thankful that she's deigned to remain friends.

I'm with PUNKEY. Stop straddling the fence and either tell her you want to get back together and be happy or move on.
0 Replies

mbayaa86

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 10:50 pm
But I do think this might work. if i tell her how i feel and how i want her back thats only gonna push her away.
mbayaa86

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:17 pm
@mbayaa86,
I am talking to her right now. but im not sure what to do and say ?
contrex

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 01:08 am
@mbayaa86,
mbayaa86 wrote:

She probably wants a boyfriend who does not have to ask a computer how to talk to his girlfriend.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 01:49 am
@mbayaa86,
mbayaa86 wrote:

You have already announced your play, it is too late to change your mind now. However, next time when a girl first says that she wants to be friends say that you will honor her wishes but that this is not what you wish because you want her. Then leave her alone and when she comes looking looking for you act like you are having a great time without her, but say again that you want her. If you do this there is a good chance that it will not be long before she tells you that she made a mistake.

If you want to become a pro at women then read and follow this book

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Seduction-Robert-Greene/dp/0142001198/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b
contrex

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 01:37 pm
@hawkeye10,

"...an amoral look at how to manipulate social situations."

If she is stupid enough to fall for that kind of dorkish stuff, then you probably deserve each other.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:20 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

"...an amoral look at how to manipulate social situations."

If she is stupid enough to fall for that kind of dorkish stuff, then you probably deserve each other.

Quote:
Definition of AMORAL

a : being neither moral nor immoral; specifically : lying outside the sphere to which moral judgments apply <science as such is completely amoral — W. S. Thompson>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amoral

So what we have is a book that shows one how to manipulate social situations with-out regard to morality.....and what exactly is your problem with that kind of book? The reader may well learn something, and is always free to overlay their moral code onto the advise offered.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:32 pm
So you want to get her back by deceiving her.

Way to go.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:51 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

So you want to get her back by deceiving her.

Way to go.

When a woman asks the question "do I look fat in these jeans" what is the right answer?
chai2

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 09:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wouldn't know.
I don't ask stupid questions.

This GF isn't asking questions either.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 10:11 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I wouldn't know.

way to dodge the point.....were we not supposed to notice?
chai2

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 10:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

I wouldn't know.

way to dodge the point.....were we not supposed to notice?

What?

You ask as non related question out of flippin' nowhere, and I'm dodging some point?

Too bad you happen to get me at your first shot at derailing the thread. Let's keep it on track idjit. We're not going there. You might, but I'm not

The OP is asking if using deception, is a good way to get his ex back.

I'll let him decide for himself.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 02:34 am
Anyone who can look at the OP's situation, as presented, and see it as "a social situation" which can (and should) be manipulated by performing operations described in a manual clearly has issues around comprehending emotional and affective matters, not to mention the concepts of honesty and genuineness in personal relationships. These may be due to some kind of neurological deficit or, frankly, mental illness. Or one could just call it a kind of assholeness.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 02:49 am
@contrex,
Or maybe you are a chump who does not have the stones to go after what you want in life, where as some other people go the other way. I am amused by the idiots in this thread who claim that women want honesty and no games....women generally want to be wanted, and when they are wanted enough that a guy will play for them it is a tremendous turn on and ego boost for the chick , and thus is a fantastic way to get laid.

To the OP: In life do what works, and keep in mind that a lot of the time what works is not what the wannabe etiquette book authors will direct you towards.
0 Replies