Dear Whiney-Assed Little Bitches

Lustig Andrei

Thu 12 Jan, 2012 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Dear ones -
I sense a disturbance in the force. I am prepared to listen to your pathetic utterances and to grant you the rub-behind-the-ears of absolution.
pax nabisco

Well you got your wish, Edgar. listen and absolve. It seems JTT thinks that Pear Harbor was just a "minor quibble."

Laughing Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Questioner

Thu 12 Jan, 2012 08:25 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I love the way people in the US are so quick to blame the entire population of a large nation for any little, minor quibble they have. Then they bomb them into oblivion or have their troops gun them down, as in the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam.

Or they hire some thugs to rape, torture and murder.

Hey look! A Whiney-Assed Little Bitch.
edgarblythe

Thu 12 Jan, 2012 08:32 pm
@JTT,
Come, center. To the place of serenity. Breathe out the vile oils and chunks and breathe in the clean air of peace. Wait for it - Wait for it -

Wait for it -

I pronounce you, clear.

Peace. Harmony.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 12 Jan, 2012 08:44 pm
@Questioner,
You can't address the facts, Questioner. Odd name for someone who is obviously so damn frightened of the truth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 12 Jan, 2012 10:28 pm
Pax vobiscumliggetandmeyers ...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 15 Jan, 2012 10:13 pm
Dear ones: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

Where there is injury let me sow pardon.
Francis of Assisi

Peace, beloved.

Lustig Andrei

Sun 15 Jan, 2012 11:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Pax Nabisco et cum spirito 100 proof.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 02:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Where there is injury let me sow pardon.

WTF?

I know about the turkey pardoning, but when did the sow pardoning get going?

And what did the poor pigs ever do wrong?

Let alone the poor turkeys. They're SUPPOSED to gobble!
edgarblythe

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 08:20 pm
@dlowan,
You didn't heard of A Day No Pigs Would Die? This is it, long ears. Dear long ears. Peace be unto thee.
Brother Edgar
patiodog

Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Weird. My Indian name Is Braying Donkey Small Dog. Or that's what they told me, anyway. But the title of this thread has maybe cast some light on their ill-concealed snickers.*

* (Is that a candy bar in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?)
edgarblythe

Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:39 pm
@patiodog,
You quashed my witty comeback with the line about the candy bar. May the hairs of Vishnu leave no track in your peanut butter sandwiches.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 19 Jan, 2012 06:58 pm
One must note a paucity of posts on my thread. Remember, you can choose to ignore me, but you cannot cheat karma. Come, lttle bitches. Be frank with me. What's stuck in your craw? Oh, the relief, once you let it out.
Brother Edgar
patiodog

Thu 19 Jan, 2012 08:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
what's stuck in my craw? blue hair mixed with peanut butter, that's what.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 19 Jan, 2012 08:49 pm
A few whiney bitchy drag queens have found this site now, damn google!
ossobuco

Thu 19 Jan, 2012 09:50 pm
@jcboy,
Don't worry, we'll bore them..
patiodog

Thu 19 Jan, 2012 11:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, this should do it, actually, (or they might be just the right people to turn to with this one):

me wrote:
So to fill some of the income leaks, I'm teaching some technical students. And teaching the ones who are further along and know a bit about medicine and clinical technology is easy money, low-hanging fruit. They're interested, they want to learn stuff, I know stuff -- except for the bureaucratic hassles, it'd be like stealing money. They sit out at the lunch area and quiz each other, and will grab anybody who teaches them to ask them a question. They've got motivation, and I don't have to do much more than show up.

But the younger ones -- the ones who haven't failed out yet...

Well, I drew a clinical math class. The students can test out of it pretty easily, so the ones who are stuck taking it are either wasting loan money (one, maybe two of them) or really can't do math for ****.

Anyway, there's a whole bureaucratic hassle because two of them claim learning disability and need special considerations to take tests, but it also has to be completely confidential and anonymous. Federal law, apparently.

So, I've talked to them both, and seen how they do math, and they just have no business training to be veterinary technicians. They will never be able to become competent at it, and aren't likely to be able to pass the board exam.

It's simple, really. The exam and the profession require that you be able to read technical writing and respond appropriately and make somewhat tricky calculations that, if wrong, may constitute malpractice (will all that entails for the patient as well as the client).

So, if you need a quiet place to take an exam, and extra time to do it, and maybe somebody to read the questions to you, maybe you shouldn't be making life or death calculations half in your head based on poorly translated writing in 5-point font under harsh light surrounded by activity and noise (including, frequently, rock-and-roll radio) and tension with a mask on and a needle in your teeth. The people who do this well -- competently, even -- are usually only special in that they don't do things like screw up math in that situation.

So, if you sit at a desk and look at a piece of paper asking you to multiple 6.1 by 1.5, and you actually do the math out by hand like you learned in grade school, but botch it, and in retrospect conclude that 90 is in fact an acceptable answer, maybe you shouldn't be spending around the price of a Mercedes C-Class trying to do that sort of thing for a living.

OK, I'm done. I'm trying to find a way to express that that the right people will understand but that won't lose me future work or hurt anybody too much.

I'm open to suggestions.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
(I mean, for chrissake, most of them aren't even all emotional about animals, like you'd expect from people who start down this path in delusion... And which is itself a little unnerving...)
dlowan

Fri 20 Jan, 2012 11:03 pm
@patiodog,
Perfectly fair.

I could claim maths disability.....psychological, because I had a bunch of teachers tell me I was so brilliant at English I would never be able to do maths, so I obediently stopped being good at maths.....

Like I would ever try to do a job where fast maths under pressure was essential.
ossobuco

Fri 20 Jan, 2012 11:36 pm
@patiodog,
Totally understood.
Failure to advise.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 21 Jan, 2012 02:14 am
@patiodog,
"with the best will in the world, the demands of the profession which they desire to enter are such that they will be unable to perform the mathematical components of their duties under field conditions.". ?
Setanta

Sat 21 Jan, 2012 04:21 am
@dlowan,
Are you saying you don't understand the sentence? I think it's straight forward. People in a practice will need to make mathematical calculations, and make them rapidly and accurately--if they lack those skills, wanting to be good at their profession won't suffice.