Do the U.S. have control over Japan?

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:09 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Of course, CI. That's a non-issue. It is the greatest criminal that demands the greatest degree of scrutiny.

Do you know of any country that has robbed so many poor countries of such wealth, all the while making a pretense that it was helping the people of those countries, that it was extending democracy to the world's masses?

Allowed, one really has to marvel at just how effectively this huge charade has been pulled off.

The west is strongly influenced by the philosophy of machiavelli, and Plato 's white lie in the republic.
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:13 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

Yes.
The US exercises control over every country.
Every country exerts countrol over every other, to varying degrees, but the control exerted by America over everyone else is strong.
A current and very important example; SOPA.

I ask if the US can influence Japan monetary decisions. Like not allow Japan to do http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203479104577124962748590078.html
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

CI, do you know of any country that has escaped/escapes a real analysis of their war crimes/excesses, call them what you like, like the US has/does?

Consider the constant stream from US sources, chastising various and sundry for their abuse of human rights. This, when the record of the US both at home and abroad, is hardly a shining record.

Consider, if you will, the degree of denial exhibited by your fellow citizens. This, from a country that prides itself on its openness, that prides itself on its readiness to debate, that prides itself on its dedication to seek the truth.

Implicitly, the US is also pulling everyone down by taking the best brains, eliminating immature competitors in foreign markets, and export of inflation. These stuff are much more important.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:22 pm
@JTT,
So, what's your point? Your negativity in every subject is tiresome and boring.
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You know full well my point, CI, and your dishonesty does you a major injustice.

Quote:
Your negativity in every subject is tiresome and boring.

Gee, that's a new one. Blame me for the war crimes, the terrorism, the hypocrisy that is the USA.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:36 pm
@JTT,
When did I ever blame you for any atrocity committed? Do you also have a guilt complex?
Eorl

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:36 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Ultimately Japan can do whatever it likes. It can bomb Pearl Harbour. Can the USA influence Japans decisions? Yes, in a multitude of ways. If you have a specific question, please be more specific.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:38 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Quote:
Implicitly, the US is also pulling everyone down by taking the best brains, eliminating immature competitors in foreign markets, and export of inflation.

Certainly, these are very important aspects of US hegemony. I'll leave it to you, TE, to make your own decision as to whether these are worse than bombing the **** out of innocents the world over, wrecking people's lives and their economies.

It's all pretty damn sad.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:41 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
A current and very important example; SOPA

You do know that SOPA were stop dead in it track I would assume?

How so?
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You try to do it with this nonsense. If you find it boring to hear of the evil committed by the US, don't listen.

You expect that the evil committed by the US will end by continuing with the lies of at least a century, the constant chorus of "the US is great"; the US is the savior of the oppressed"; the endless stream of movies, media propaganda, politicians and even the citizenry endlessly bragging about one big lie.

Consider just what Japan has done, really done when compared against the US - where it sits in terms of actual produced wealth. The US has been stealing enormous sums for well over a century, Japan had a relatively short run in that and was turned into a wasteland after WWII and look where it is today.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:57 pm
@JTT,
You're now on Ignore.
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 10:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're now on Ignore.

Yet another American, from the land of the brave, cowers in the warm, fuzzy confines of "ignore".

You join a long line of chickens, CI. I hope you enjoy your self imposed solitude.
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 10:17 pm
@Eorl,
Quote:
How so?

There is zero chance that it will become law it is dead...............
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 09:03 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
You're now on Ignore.

Yet another American, from the land of the brave, cowers in the warm, fuzzy confines of "ignore".

You join a long line of chickens, CI. I hope you enjoy your self imposed solitude.

So do you view this as a victory? When you constantly focus on the wrongs of American foreign policy and ignore other country's you're just going to put people's backs up. CI is a very reasonable poster who's political outlook does not appear that different fom my own, but instead of discussing ways in which the world could become a fairer place you've alienated him.

Instead of documenting the horrors of American Imperialism why not give some concrete, practical measures that people could actually do to make the world a better place? Those Imperialists who like to drape themselves in the American flag don't tend to ignore you, they're quite happy to promote an America first agenda and can label you as a 'freedom hating commie,' without any real intellectual involvement. You're alienating the wrong people, and your approach is self-defeating. If people feel personally under attack they're not going to be very sympathic towards you.

I personally believe the main factor causing global inequality is the power of the very rich, which can influence the foreign and economic policies of all nations, not just America. The war in Iraq had a lot more to do with the international oil industry's sway over George Bush than anything particularly American.

If you want to change attitudes you're going to have to adopt different tactics.
BillRM

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
the horrors of American Imperialism

Lord this is coming from a citizen of the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The analogy would be a German citizen posting about the poor treatment of Jews in the US.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 10:11 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
I hope you enjoy your self imposed solitude.

c.i. isn't the one who is going solo here - he's simply joining the group of people who either scroll past your posts or have actually put you on ignore - he's got plenty of people who still interact with him

read, and really think about izzytp's post following yours

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 11:21 am
@BillRM,
You never miss an opportunity to prove you're a moron.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:15 pm
@ehBeth,
With every nerve in my body I am fighting this very strong impulse to follow c.i.'s lead and just put this JTT troll (because that's all it is -- a troll) on "ignore." But I don't want to do that -- JTT is so over-the-top it's actually hilarious reading some of those posts. I just wish she'd stop kidnapping threads in this insane and inane effort to spread the word. She keeps it up, I may be forced to put her on 'ignore' also. It gets tiresome when you can't folllow the gist of someone's thinking without being constantly interrupted by rants about big bad Uncle Sam.

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 07:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So do you view this as a victory?

No, Izzy, just a simple reality.

Quote:
When you constantly focus on the wrongs of American foreign policy and ignore other country's you're just going to put people's backs up. CI is a very reasonable poster who's political outlook does not appear that different fom my own, but instead of discussing ways in which the world could become a fairer place you've alienated him.

The US is by far the worst. There is widespread ignorance of this fact. it would be one thing if it was simply the ignorance but the constant stream of propaganda touting the US as good is really too much.

I'd love to spend more time on other miscreants but my plate is more than full enough and I don't have the time.

CI is probably the most reasonable American wrt this issue. His alienation was of his own doing. CI is put off/put out because talk of the criminals who do these evils things is "too boring".

Give me a ******* break! Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died, millions of lives destroyed and I'm supposed to feel sorry for CI with his "let them eat cake" attitude.

CI once wondered why more people, I believe he specified Americans, not completely sure, didn't engage in a discussion of these pressing issues. But he didn't.

It took a 13 year old girl and even then, the discussion was mostly about me. Only one adult, Thomas, made a suggestion that we explore the issues. Consider the rest of the "adults".

Quote:
Instead of documenting the horrors of American Imperialism why not give some concrete, practical measures that people could actually do to make the world a better place? Those Imperialists who like to drape themselves in the American flag don't tend to ignore you, they're quite happy to promote an America first agenda and can label you as a 'freedom hating commie,' without any real intellectual involvement.

Tell me something I don't know, Izzy. And instead of addressing these defenders of war crimes/terrorism - even when it's so abundantly clear - they're given a pass.

Y'all don't do that with Bill or Hawkeye. You can get your collective panties in a real tight bunch right quick about theoretical rape/murder/hit and run questions but hey, the US made a few mistakes, okay, okay, so some unknown numbers of brown skinned people got wiped out. Let's move on.

Quote:
I personally believe the main factor causing global inequality is the power of the very rich, which can influence the foreign and economic policies of all nations, not just America. The war in Iraq had a lot more to do with the international oil industry's sway over George Bush than anything particularly American.

I personally believe that that is a crock, Izzy, but regardless, the issue is that this was nothing but a war crime. The instigator was the US, led by GW Bush. That needs to be the focus because that man was the criminal in chief. Of course, there are many smaller players, and they too need to be held to account.

Quote:
If you want to change attitudes you're going to have to adopt different tactics.

You're asking me to baby these adults, these people who know full well that these are facts. No one disputes these facts because they can't. Why should they be coddled.

Bill, Hawkeye and [___] aren't coddled.

Those who support two hundred years of war crimes don't deserve to be coddled.

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 07:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
c.i. isn't the one who is going solo here - he's simply joining the group of people who either scroll past your posts or have actually put you on ignore - he's got plenty of people who still interact with him

Then stop worrying, Beth. If all of A2K has me on ignore, then there's no problem.

Quote:
read, and really think about izzytp's post following yours

Read and really think about what I said in my reply to Izzy.

Read and think and address my reply to you in the 'hit and run' thread.
0 Replies