Procrustes

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:17 am
@markhuy,
Thank you for the obvious.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:53 am
@markhuy,
Lust is products of our feelings, to find a soulmate there are so many dots that are connected, morals, standards, beliefs, sexuality, senuality, laughter, communication.. Books? This has nothing to do with the "inner-self" . Love is fickel, the word can be used a thousand times only to find " I thought he loved me, she..

This OP found a "type" that would equal all that he is after however, she doesn't view him in the same light.. Because she doesn't "see" him... And listens quite like you to books only "people" telling her.... she is lost.

Yes, he is obsessive but only in this is what he wants and he can't see clearly that it is a "type" instead of "the person".

I agree on the last note...

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:47 am
@Procrustes,
Procrustes wrote:
I had feelings for this woman who believed she had met her 'twin soul' because of a 'spiritual' experience she felt when meeting him. She then read an article about 'twin souls' which affirmed her experience of her 'kundalini rising'. But the guy that is supposedly her 'twin soul' doesn't even acknowledge her, or isn't even a friend in any way shape or form, and I don't think he wants anything to do with her. I was hurt by this because I saw this delusion to be stopping her from genuinely considering my feelings.

Am I right to say this kind of thinking is delusional?
We lack sufficient information qua the dynamics of souls
to figure out what is the fact and what is "delusional".

David
Procrustes

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm not getting into details about this woman's beliefs about souls. I sought confirmation on delusional thinking because she believes that she is suppose to be with this person after reading an article. But what I've recieved so far is the same old relationship advice that you read in a magazine while in the waiting room to see the doctor. And frankly, I don't want to get caught trying to define what a delusion is. I'm sure there are other threads that will love that stuff, so go knock yourself out...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:47 am
@Procrustes,
That means that u want us to tell u that it is DELUSIONAL thinking!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 02:21 pm
@Procrustes,
To OmSigDAVID

Quote:
But what I've recieved so far is the same old relationship advice that you read in a magazine while in the waiting room to see the doctor. And frankly, I don't want to get caught trying to define what a delusion is. I'm sure there are other threads that will love that stuff, so go knock yourself out...

OUCH ... That's a tad rude don't you think?

What is written in magazines are usually by "experts" guess we are somewhat of an expert then, if you feel it's the same information...

You're going to have to really shake yourself up, your angry over this situation and she isn't even going out with you.
Procrustes

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 08:39 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
How do you not know I was angry before the situation? How do you know what kind of f@ck*d up relationships I've been in? Don't go telling me what to do on the basis of this forum. I've simply asked if her thinking was delusional, yet it seems to be an all out Oprah fest to see if we can give 'poor Procrustes' some suggestions and help. Go read your 'expert' advice from your mags a bit more then go and tell someone who actually needs it. And by the way, this is me not being rude. You will 'know' when I'm laying in to people. I'll make it obvious for you.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 09:58 pm
@Procrustes,
Isn't it nice that people care? We aint Oprah though and I personally don't read magazines.

So OP wants thread back on track, please ignore all other posts...

Smile Procrustes who cares what kind of f@ck*d up relationships you've been in or if you were angry before. I was pointing out that was a tad rude because it was..

Forums are there to "speak" and threads can also get off track...

Chil

Have a good Xmas.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 12:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Merry Beltane to you...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 01:08 am
@Procrustes,
I've Irish background you know:)

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 01:21 am
I've felt immediate recognition, comfort and familiarity with certain people immediately upon meeting them before- but not once- in fact in almost every stage of my life, I can think of at least one person I'd have called my soul mate for that phase.
And even when I've moved away and we don't see each other, when I think of those people, I get a sort of smile in my soul - I feel comforted.
Funny thing is, when I think about what is true about these people - they are almost always really different from me in terms of personality and characteristics - that's what has always attracted me - difference.
And yes, these people have almost always been male- except my mother - who I feel blessed to have been born to because she IS my first, last and biggest soul mate so I have always tended to think of them in relation to me as two different sides of the same coin.

But if any of these people had not acknowledged my existence, I don't think I'd have thought of them as potential friends or lovers or my long lost 'twin soul'.
How does total rejecton and dismissal of a person fit the definition of a 'twin soul'?
To keep pursuing that ideal with someone who doesn't recognize you (I'm talking about this girl and the guy she's obsessed with) and call him her 'twin soul' even though he doesn't seem to realize it - does seem a little delusional to me.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 05:41 am
@aidan,
Soul mates, twin souls, whatever you want to call it, is just another concept to me. It's usage doesn't bother me if people are being flippant with it or if people understand it's just a concpet to express closeness between people. It's when people are staunch with the concept of being with their 'one true twin soul' that gets my warning bells ringing. I was deluded to think I was connected to this girl in a 'soulful' fashion, but it was probably because she kept telling me that she believed that I was part of her 'soul family'...

New age spiritual movements don't help clarify any of this bullshit when they perpetuate terms like 'twin soul' and make up stories to build up blind hope in peoples minds. But I feel close to your position, in that, I feel I have an affinity with women in the past. However, this girl was different. She definately challenged my status quo, and I think that's why I fell for the bait. Thanks for sharing your views aidan.
aidan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 03:10 am
@Procrustes,
You're welcome and merry christmas - or happy holiday season - whatever...
I'm spending part of the day with one of my soul mates today. His name is Jack. He will be 90 years old on May 5 2012. He is going blind and has lost the use of his right hand (he is right handed) but is still one of the funniest, happiest souls I've ever known.
We met three years ago and have been inseparable ever since. We laugh at all the same things and just enjoy one another's existence. It is amazing to me that we can communicate so comfortably and naturally, when at first glance you'd think we'd have absolutely nothing in common to talk about.
He's British- I'm American. He still lives in the house he was born in, and since I've been 18, I haven't lived in any one house for more than four years - except for one- I lived in that house for nine years.
He is almost twice my age.
But he is my soul mate- we were MEANT to know each other - that's what it feels like.
I've never had sex with him though so I don't know if we'd have a spiritual experience via that calimari rising thing....JOKE!!! That's a joke- not the not having sex part....we really HAVEN'T!

my soul mate Jack:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_0834-1.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_0832-1.jpg

Anyway - have a good day- hope you find a twin soul or soul mate someday.
Procrustes

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:10 am
@aidan,
Thanks for sharing your pictures of your friend Jack. Have a good christmas.
0 Replies

Delusionist

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2013 11:17 pm
@Procrustes,
I am this woman. Or a very similar case... here is my take as the lady in question. Yes of course it is!!

I can tell you whether or not twin flames exist or not or even souls exist if they did she would give hers to you if she got the chance. After leaving you it was torture of being with a man I didn't love who reflected nothing of what I am. Only a reminder of the true love i actually felt for you. I couldn't admit this to myself at the time because of fear of rejection. You are a much clearer reflection of who i am then he ever was. i honestly never loved anyone more than you. So you certainly set the goal post the only thing is, now, I only see you. No one else matches up, No other... I might just be prone to delusions.
I now believe you create soulmates here in this life and 'the one' they talk about is the one you choose. The one that you want to make happy the one that makes you happy too.
I was scared I couldn't always make you happy and he said I would, but he didn't make me happy.

You made me really happy so thank you for being my soulmate .
If I got to choose my one it would be with you but now you love another, I hope I find someone as amazing as you again one day. You gave me hope, love does exist and it doesn't hurt.
I would never have learned this if you hadn't let me find this out for myself.
My unconditional love
Red.

Stephwinss

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:05 am
@Delusionist,
You are this woman? I'm confused! If you are then this just got extremely interesting! In my opinion, knowing that your soulmate is clearly speaking with you through this medium defines connections that were clearly defined before this incarnation!

So if that is the case, I am imagining that both @procrustes and @delusionist are on the right path toward the ultimate goal which is ascension! I'm proud to say that I have read this.

Pray, out loud, to our saviour to bring your twin to you as you need to feel whole. And to heal the world, you need to be a complete spirit not just a fragment!

Also, make room in your life for your twin too. A space in your closet, an empty drawer, sleep on 'your' side of the bed...etc.

These things must be done because then it becomes about her or him. You would be spiritually showing your other half that you respect him or her! That you need this connection. Belief is something we as human beings take for granted it seems. Spiritually, your other half (if incarnated into this life) will find you if you want them too... The universe will bring you together as it is so important for you and your twin flame to connect. Ascension is possible. It is up to you!!!!
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:04 pm
When a human body gets cloned by aliens. The spirit of the cloned body becomes a "twin soul," "spirit double," or as legend has it, a "doppelganger."
0 Replies