Is belief in 'twin souls' a delusion?

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 09:42 pm
I had feelings for this woman who believed she had met her 'twin soul' because of a 'spiritual' experience she felt when meeting him. She then read an article about 'twin souls' which affirmed her experience of her 'kundalini rising'. But the guy that is supposedly her 'twin soul' doesn't even acknowledge her, or isn't even a friend in any way shape or form, and I don't think he wants anything to do with her. I was hurt by this because I saw this delusion to be stopping her from genuinely considering my feelings. Am I right to say this kind of thinking is delusional?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 9,555 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 11:44 pm
@Procrustes,
Quote:
Am I right to say this kind of thinking is delusional?

Yes.
Procrustes

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 05:41 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 05:50 am
@Procrustes,
Firstly you had feelings for her, and as such, you saw what you believed to be, a connection, possibliy as she believes in "twin souls" the word soulmates and so you wanted to tell her she is delusional as this guy in your opinion, doesn't acknowledge her, or in your opinion wants nothing to do with her.

That is firstly an "opinion" , secondly, she is allowed to believe what ever it is she believes in, and thirdly he may not see her for who she is "yet" but might later.

It sounds more of jealousy as you wish to be with her and non-belief of what she believes in.

You can not change a person's thought pattern.

If she believes he is a soul of some description she will attempt to find a way for him to see that , as she believes it

Telling her anything in-different will push you away.

Usually any two souls that meet, acknowledge that they are just that, a soul connection of some sort, a past, a future... When one doesn't know? He/she may be very much from the past and on a different mission in this life, you won't change this so don't try to.

If she is nutters in alot of other ways however, then she is delusional....

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 05:52 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Maybe:) Maybe not:) We witches are different lols
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 08:29 am
SHE must make this discovery that he is truely not her "soul mate."

She will realize it when he does not repond back to her - or better yet, when he finds his own soulmate.

Your friend may be in a fantasy or has a crush on someone. You can point out that the love is not coming back to her, but that's about all.

0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:07 am
Thanks for your responses so far. I'm trying to forget about it as best I can, and I acknowledge that there was jealousy within me when I was confornted with this. But that's natural to feel right? Although, I wish it wasn't. When you feel closely to a person you can't help but feel that way when something like this happens. Whatever theories on 'twin souls' or 'soul mates' people have, I thought I had one in her, but now I'll probably have to wait another 100 lifetimes before something like that happens again. (probably over exaggerated the metaphor of 100 lifetimes)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 03:58 am
@Procrustes,
Hey Procrustes
Yes, it is natural to feel jealous you like this lady and feel that she is "missing" the boat, listening to something that "may"not exist but you know?

You have to play it out, and be there, who knows , you're also jumping the gun 100 years is more than a lifetime Smile

Don't question let it run its cause... And be there if it's not the case but also understand just because you like someone and think they may be your "soulmate" it may not be so, as she may be wrong, so might you be.

Procrustes

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 04:20 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm done walking into brickwalls. It hurts too much to keep bashing my head against it. She can be with whoever she chooses. I'm just trying to get my life back on track. I followed hope blindly and it keeps putting me in the same situation. If she wants to be friends, I'll be here for her. Although I'll make it known I'm not going to be the happiest of campers around her.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 08:26 am
Being "soul mates" is pretty heavy. You don't need to be in such a serious relationship. Cool down . . .

And . . .don't "pout" when you are around her. because you are not getting your way. You can't make a person have feelings for someone else.

Take a breather about being around her. You are so focused on her that you are missing your surroundings.

Sit still and listen - be aware of what is going on around you.

I bet there is someone who is interested in you out there and you don't even see her.

It is exciting to think there is someone waiting for you out there . . . you just haven't met yet.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 02:09 pm
@Procrustes,
I like what Punkey said back to you in that regard...

That's good advice...

Remember, it's often when you are "not" searching that you find...
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 12:46 am
Yes yes, but first I need to be rid of this stain. Do you have some good all purpose cleaner?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:14 am
@Procrustes,
lols.

Vinegar cleans everything:)
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 03:18 am
@Procrustes,
Is belief in 'twin souls' a delusion?

Quote:
I saw this delusion to be stopping her from genuinely considering my feelings

That's merely twin delusional.
Procrustes

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 03:52 am
@fobvius,
I may be wrong to say that her belief was stopping her from considering my feelings. I'll admit that does seem delusional to think that way, but then again, I have the presence of mind to admit that.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:34 am
@Procrustes,
Hey.

There is nothing wrong with loving or finding someone that seems to be "the one" but often it is their type, personality that is the one...Does that make sense?

You found someone that you can connect with, that has qualities that you admire maybe, personality that you find interesting, funny, looks that you may admire, earthy.

You know she may view you as a "friend" someone she trusts, looks upon for support and as such, with all her emotions, you became emotionally attached and saw her "inner -self" therefore, fell for her.

She however, as such is searching and maybe lost..

She may also just believe in "people" telling her that "this is your soulmate" these so called money makers..What ever makes her dream, believe.

It's not that "you" are delusional, you feel that you are in love.

But, ask yourself, if you were to meet a "simular" person with "simular" qualities could you not feel the same way?

And, then ask yourself, what are you missing out on, why are you feeling the way you are, lonliness? Long time between drinks, between falling in love and getting it back, that you "need" her and therefore , "want" her.

Lots to think about.
Procrustes

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:51 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I believe that no one truly ever wants to be alone. Look, I'm just trying to get on with life. All the rest I don't worry about or try to think about. I find when all this kind of stuff is off my mind is when I can come back to a some sort of happier disposition.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:01 pm
@Procrustes,
Then somehow you just have to let go of the friendship for a while so you are not thinking about it, and can move on, feel happy and find someone for you...
Procrustes

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 12:20 am
@FOUND SOUL,
SOMEHOW being the operative word. Thanks for your concerns and suggestions.
markhuy

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 03:33 am
@Procrustes,
I think "twin souls" as well as "soulmates" are really just products of our feelings, worsten by books saying that this is true. For me, this terms can be used once you've find and you're together with the one you love and loves you. But using this term for someone that you don't know is being obsessive.

To make it short, forget her.