American Idol - Americans at there worst

SCoates

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:41 pm
Fantasia bores me... but I agree she deserves to win. Still, I hope...
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:45 pm
Well, I'd love to see Diana win, just because she's only 16 years old..... Fantasia has the greater talent.... but, America doesn't always vote for talent..... yes, it will be interesting.....

Like they say, "It's not over 'till the fat lady sings."

LOL.....

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:26 pm
Fantasia brings it home to God's country.....good job.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:28 pm
Oh, she's canadian?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:40 pm
Diana will win. Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 10:38 am
Fantasia! Simon Cowell didn't take long to chortle that he'd picked the winner all along which, admitedly, he's done in all three AI's. All the singers are from the American south -- even the previous winners. Are there no good singers up North? Next AI takes the judges to Alaska!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 04:57 pm
LW, Good observation; none from the North. I wonder if that is true in Canada? Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:20 am
I'm sure the judges are going to be looking for some male talent from the North but since it's American Idol, Canada gets aced out. They sure have contributed more than their share of great singers and movie actors, though.
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:07 pm
Re: American Idol - Americans at there worst
husker wrote:
American Idol

I guess entertainment err oh putting people down and seeing them cry sells, I decided to watch this season - the talent pool is getting smaller I guess from the past couple seasons.
You do know there are 33 coutries who have "Idol" shows don't you? It's not just America.

Personally, I love the show. It's entertaining. And I usually end up liking who wins. Well, except this year. Fantasia is the worst thing to happen to music since William Hung.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:08 am
Quote:
AmericanEagleJRL wrote:
][quote="husker
You do know there are 33 coutries who have "Idol" shows don't you? It's not just America.

and the point is? :wink: I do not think americans are going to watch Idol from other countries - we are a close-net group Rolling Eyes

[size=7]edited fix errors[/size]
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 12:17 pm
All of the finalist were being voice coached and they all could use more to control the natural talent. The recordings sound 100% more professional than the AI stage performances in competition. That's true of many established pop music professionals who don't lip-synch their songs in personal TV appearances. Live concerts are noisy enough, you can't tell the performances are not up to par with the recorded performances. Of course, there's Brittany who I often wonder is even singing!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 12:18 pm
George Michael has been making personal appearances as a guest on talk shows. Considering the echo enhancement which is done in the studio (thanks to Les Paul and Mary Ford) you know he's lip synching.
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:51 am
husker wrote:
Quote:
AmericanEagleJRL wrote:
][quote="husker

and the point is? :wink: I do not think americans are going to watch Idol from other countries - we are a close-net group Rolling Eyes

[size=7]edited fix errors[/size]
My point was why single out American when the show originated in England and 32 other countries besides America have 'Idol' shows?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:53 am
I'm guessing Simon doesn't care who watches the show where. He's raking in the dough either way.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:53 am
That's true of almost every celebrity.
0 Replies