American Idol - Americans at there worst

cavfancier

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 01:40 pm
Yeesh....this season has been dismal. I can't stand the show, or what it stands for, but even a train wreck can be hypnotizing.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 03:12 pm
well I don't know about American Idol, I have enough trouble of avoiding Croatian Idol, but considering the title of this topic I would politely disagree - Dr. Phil is at the same time Americans at their worst, and humankind at their worst.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 03:27 pm
Don't get me started on Dr. Phil...
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 03:35 pm
although maybe I am unfair - maybe closer to truth is that audience in Dr. Phil is Americans at their worst and humankind at their most retarded....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 04:26 pm
Oh no. Jerry Springer has him beat by a mile.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 04:33 pm
hm, I disagree. Not that I have any good words for Jerry Springer show and, especially, audience in it, but every country and humankind at all has its "lower class". That's what people in JS are. Married cousins and stuff like that.
I doubt that in Dr.Phil audience is made of people that never finished elementary school like in JS
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 04:52 pm
anyway, it's a matter of "taste" Smile I will not watch, and I can't approve, but I can on some level understand people that enjoy looking at others making complete idiots of themselves, and getting violent all the time...

But it really makes me wanna kill someone (not that I would really) when husband and wife have problems and Dr.Phil tells them "well ya know, ya have to talk" and all audience is amazed by his wisdom, everybody goes "aaaaahhh..." or "yeah, yeah....", their eyes are sparkling, tears coming down their faces...ahhh...this guy is so wise....
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 07:59 pm
American Who!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:42 am
So Mrs. cav was watching American Idol last night, the 'standards' episode, and one contestant (I think it was the blonde one who looks like Miss Piggy from the Muppets) sang "Someone To Watch Over Me", which happened to be our wedding song. I hear a terrible yell from the TV room, followed by "Thanks for ruining my wedding song bitch!" Man...she fiesty, me wife.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:47 am
Yike - I missed the show lastnight - dealing with a bunch of phone calls and visitor.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 09:34 am
You're all pretty tough with what is basically a competition of amateurs. There are, however, two contestants who have great voices and sound like professional talent. That's not extraordinary and the man who is characterized as the one everyone loves to hate is usually right. The problem is the two who have a prospective professional career look like they'd be better as jazz and musical comedy singers rather than pop singers.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:58 pm
American Idol rules.

Fantasia and La Toya rock.

Everyone has their opinoin on who has a great voice or not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 04:04 pm
I agree, BlueMonkey, and I'm sure one of them will win and I would pick La Toya. I still feel they are jazz singers but of course the line between pop and jazz has been blurred long ago. Both their performances on the last show were genuinely pro.
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:29 pm
Rolling Eyes I agree that La Toya will probably will....though I think she is one of the least exciting competetors that they have had on the show. Tis a shame in my opinion that George is gone.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 03:29 pm
okay, I am now curious how do you decide who is American Idol? I mean, everybody around me talks about Croatian Idol last few weeks so I watched last show - and they were right Smile Fact is there is some girl that completely sucks. It may sound bad, but she really does. Her performance is terrible, her voice is terrible and jury obviusly dislikes her.
However, either audience likes her or she has the biggest phone bill in history of humankind. Anyhow, she is in Top 5 so far, threating more and more to become the worst idol of all idols Smile

So, in Croatia who remains in competition is choosen ONLY by phone voting of viewers. Is it the same in USA?
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:29 am
Yes, it is the same here. Apparently it is the same everywhere because I saw Czech Idol, and some pretty untalented people crept into that one as well.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:35 am
Toya London - gone
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:36 am
three women in the competition:
Barrino
DeGarmo
Trias
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:39 am
Last night was such a disappointment. I was ready to jump on the "Amerkkka votes" bandwagon. The two black women, who are far and above the best singers, went to the bottom two. That Jasmine, who can't sing a lick, stayed in, and so did Miss Piggy. Now, to give DeGarmo some credit, she did seem genuinely shocked at the results.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:47 am
The audience booed and the judges were shocked that London was gone but she didn't seem that upset. I see a jazz CD in her future (she's not really a pop singer and she could also belt one out in a Broadway musical). Barrino certainly surprised with her performances but Trias couldn't keep in pitch nor in rhythm to the music. Now that's shocking.
0 Replies