It does look that way, doesn't it?
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:56 pm
Wow, how did that happen? Unbelievable.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:34 pm
Because this is also a popularity contest -- they are, after all, looking for a pop star. London's voice is too good and her personality is not defined by the virtuosity.
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 04:11 pm
Ya, La Toya I think even realized that she was too good to be in the competition. At the same time, she got the exposure she needs to make her own moves and not be forever tied to the American Idol hype.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 07:57 pm
Welcome to A2K and I wouldn't doubt that there are some changes in the next show. I think the judges should count for half the votes and the public for half the votes. That would "buffer" the results between the experts and those who are voting two and three times (all they had to do was campaign in Hawaii to hit those phones and VOILA, the results are fixed!)
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 08:11 pm
No, they want america to think they're in charge. It's part of their gimmick. Personally I want Fantasia out next, just because the show has gotten boring, and I want to see more "unexpected" stuff.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 08:23 pm
By America in charge you mean the Mobocracy?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 08:43 pm
If by mobocracy you refer to 15 year old girls with no boyfriends exclusively.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 08:56 pm
However the scoring is done to pick the American Idol, it's not producing the best at the end. When we see one of the best singers out of four get bumped, the whole concept of American Idol goes down the toilet.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 09:04 pm
I agree. This whole season shows a flaw in the ssytem. My wife suggests people vote for the one they want to go. Maybe they'll do that next year.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:21 pm
Actuall, Simon Cowell was not surprised and didn't give La Toya the best response in saying he didn't have any more idea of what she was all about than when she started in the competition. They all keep saying it's not just a good voice that counts but style and personality (and looks/?). London could develop into a modern day Lena Horne. It isn't the first time he's been critical of her and brought up the Broadway stage voice comment more than once.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:35 am
Simon should not have said that Jasmine need the calls. Had that comment not been said she would have went home. Plus he made her cry.

Fantasia will win. Digarmo out next leave Jasmine to go against Fantasia and she will surely win and beat Jasmine.
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 12:53 am
I have bet money on the fact that Jasmine would be gone the past two rounds, and I would do so again but I think I might lose. I really hope it is Fantasia and Diana in the final two but you never know...
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 10:41 pm
Diana should not win this game and for that to occur she has to go out next. I do not want her to be in the final two with Fantasia I do not want a possiblity that her evil sining can even come close to winning.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:04 pm
I think Fantasia is the all around best package vocally, and how she works the stage. I fear that America will disagree, and that Miss Piggy and Tattoo's taller sister will end up the final two.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:18 pm
I wouldn't say American Idol represents Americans at their worst. Other exports such as survivor or big brother are much more offensive.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:19 pm
Wilso, you are right about that. Now that Fox special with the midget dating....that was bad.
0 Replies

mothernature

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:54 am
Midget dating? I somehow missed that one.... though I must admit to loving American Idol. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I am actually getting tickets to the live tour today at http://www.poptarts.com/promotions/poptarts/ai_main.html since this way they are a week in advance. Go Fantasia!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:04 pm
Fantasia earns 100% of my vote and interest.
0 Replies