Why are Jews hated by so many people?

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:23 pm
Yes. and can you reasonably expect any nation to fund and grant full rights and services to a sworn enemy. Which comes first the chicken or the egg? In an ideal world Israel should grant all funding, privileges, services, rights to Palestinians.

I've seen these circular discussions too many times to expect a different result at the end of the discussion.

Chumly: FWIW, I sure hope you aren't following the lead set earlier by that pot-stirrer ...implying that I hate Palestinians. I don't hate or fear Palestinians. Perhaps life is so far different in Israel ....dealing with fear and death and possible destruction on a daily basis that denial of services is what Israel had to resort to.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:29 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

You are assuming that all Palestinians are terrorist; that's about the most bigoted statement I've seen on a2k.

Sorry you feel that way, CI. We have a long history on A2K and Abuzz. Do you really think of me as a bigot?

You've distorted or misunderstood what I was saying. Perhaps I was too brief with my expression of opinion. In no way was I implying that all Palestinians are terrorists. However, in the atmosphere of a nation under attack from within (and outside its borders) some Draconian and barbaric measures resulted in order to protect it's citizenry. Israel has reacted and over-reacted time and time again. I don't support Israel's treatment of its Palestinian citizenry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:29 pm
I mentioned our tour director in Israel, Gilad Peled, who also shared his concerns. Most of his concerns were based on the fact that suicide bombers did their dastardly deeds against civilians in public places, and he feared for his wife and infant more than anything. I understand his fears.

In the bigger picture, the apartheid against the Palestinians will only exacerbate this problem. When a people gives up any hope that they will be afforded equal treatments under the law with no job opportunities, they will react by becoming extremists - suicide bombers.

It's a lose-lose situationn for all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:31 pm
Ragman, I certainly hope it's a misunderstanding; we go back too far to destroy our friendship. As you probably know too well, I'm also a reactionary, and will speak my mind - calling a spade a spade.

If it's a misuderstanding on my part, I apologize.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:39 pm
I've seen discussions like this progress (or regress) in online forums. As soon as ad hominem attacks occur within a serious political discussion people start reacting and over-reacting and stray off from the subject and its enlightenment potential. That is why ad hominem attacks are a slippery slope and often intentionally used to distract.

CI...back on topic...do you support a Palestinian nationhood? How do you feel about providing Palestine national homeland that is removed from Israel's borders?
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:54 pm
Ragman wrote:
Chumly: FWIW, I sure hope you aren't following the lead set earlier by that pot-stirrer ...implying that I hate Palestinians. I don't hate or fear Palestinians. Perhaps life is so far different in Israel ....dealing with fear and death and possible destruction on a daily basis that denial of services is what Israel had to resort to.
The only post I have made is as re-quoted below. You would need to do some 'splaining as to how your above post has congruency to my below post.
Chumly wrote:
I'm a Jew by ethnic origin, and my wife is a Pole by birth, so between the two of us we shoulder a sizable chunk of 'hate-market'.

I believe it's natural human response to hate/fear others perceived as 'not-of-your-tribe'.

In fact it can be argued that the smaller differences, create the bigger hate/fear responses.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:58 pm
I read your reply too quickly and wrongly suspected that you were referring to me as potential hater due to other replier attacks. Thanks for clarifying.
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:10 pm
All I can say with some certainty is that Man appears to have a predilection to this fear/hate 'not-of-same-tribe' response.

This seems amply demonstrated by nationalism, racism and prejudice.

In fact it can be argued that the strong nuclear family bond is part of the underlying cause not solution to the fear/hate 'not-of-same-tribe' response.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:17 pm
chumly, yes. As evidenced in so many ways and in such diverse cases in every cultural mix (e.g. light-skinned blacks comparing themselves with dark-skinned blacks).

Palestinians are often comprised of similar semite DNA as Israeli Jews living in the area for generations, excluding recently migrating people. However, that doesn't solve the probem...perhaps just underscores the emotional behavioral patterns of the two sides.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:29 pm
Ragman wrote:
I've seen discussions like this progress (or regress) in online forums. As soon as ad hominem attacks occur within a serious political discussion people start reacting and over-reacting and stray off from the subject and its enlightenment potential. That is why ad hominem attacks are a slippery slope and often intentionally used to distract.

CI...back on topic...do you support a Palestinian nationhood? How do you feel about providing Palestine national homeland that is removed from Israel's borders?

I only want to see Israel become a "true" democracy" where all citizens have equal rights.
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:35 pm
A solution to the problem might to restructure the nuclear family to embrace a world without borders.

It can be argued that technology has produced the global-village and that technologies will continue to fray Man's 'pack-mentality'.

In specificity: if all Palestinian were well educated and had good access to the Internet, there well might be a sea change in Middle Eastern dynamics.

Given the exorbitant costs of ignorance and given the deadly implications of a myopic nuclear family mind-set, my solution is imminently practical however unlikely it might appear.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:36 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Ragman wrote:

I only want to see Israel become a "true" democracy" where all citizens have equal rights.

That is the ideal. I hope and pray for that being a practicality in our lifetime.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:40 pm
My piggy-back on Chumly and Ragman's two posts above mine.

As I have mentioned earlier, my friend feels there is a good chance for more progress now than in the past. Let's keep our hopes high, and advocate for its success.
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:56 pm
I am not a piggy!

I am a Jew by ethnic origin and my wife is Polish by birth.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:00 pm
"My piggy-back..." LOL
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:13 pm
An halaal or kosher pig, no doubt
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:19 pm
Badabing, badaboom!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 03:41 pm
Chumly wrote:

In specificity: if all Palestinian were well educated and had good access to the Internet, there well might be a sea change in Middle Eastern dynamics.

They'd find ways to use it for terrorism. They use EVERYTHING anybody gives them for terrorism. Graphs of money coming into "palestinian" areas and graphs of ever sort of murder they do are identical if you back the murder graph off by about a year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 04:37 pm
rabble-rouser comes to mind.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Feb, 2008 05:06 pm
Chumly wrote: A solution to the problem might to restructure the nuclear family to embrace a world without borders.

We've already started on this path. Our family includes many cultures that icludes Dutch, English, German, Italian, black, Hispanic, Chinese, Polynesian, and I don't know what-all, all in one generation.

I finally met my Polynesian cousin in Hawaii this month, even though we've been communicating by email for several years. It was a great pleasure and satisfaction for me to meet another family member that James Michener (in Hawaii)r identified as the "golden people."

We are slowly breaking down the "race" barriers of the past.

Please visit this LINK
on our recent visit to Hawaii.
0 Replies