President Obama just made the best speech of his life

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 04:45 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

Quote:
Your caucus won't let any bill move forward which is designed to help, for the simple reason that they don't want the economy to improve heading into an election year - and that's a fact.

Not entirely true...the Republican House has produced a number of bills designed to create jobs and improve the economy. Reid has refused to bring any of these to the Senate floor.

What bills? Seriously. You tell me what bills they put forward which were designed to do what you say. I am asserting that they put forward no such bills at all, and that you are simply making this up.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 04:47 pm
@slkshock7,
When asked who is more to blame for the economy remaining poor, who do you think polling places the majority of the blame on? It certainly isn't Obama. You claim to know what the American people are thinking, but I don't understand where you are drawing this knowledge from, seeing as actual polling disagrees strongly with many of the things you say Americans think.

Cycloptichorn
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 04:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm not sure if they'll reverse it directly or just undo it some other way but they have a long time (2013) and will find a way to make any cuts merely symbolic gestures. I don't expect any real cuts to come out of it, though I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 05:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I'm not sure if they'll reverse it directly or just undo it some other way but they have a long time (2013) and will find a way to make any cuts merely symbolic gestures. I don't expect any real cuts to come out of it, though I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

There's no 'real' cuts in it in the first place. But, it is better than nothing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 05:37 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
No, he hasn't.

Oh please! Yes he has and it drives me insane that he merely made being a warmonger cool again to liberals. Suddenly Gitmo isn't important anymore, and torture is not a pressing issue, and it suddenly doesn't matter that people are being killed in your name anymore.

Obama escalated the war in Afghanistan, and increased the volume of killings. Why do you give him a pass on all this? Was Gitmo and torture only important to you before he became president? Is it ok now?

Name a single thing Obama did that broke towards the dove side of things. Just one decision where he didn't do what the hawks wanted. There isn't anything, he's fallen in with the hawks on every single military decision. The closest he came to was temporarily pushing back against the hawks (Hillary and France/UK, not the military) on Libya but he went along with that in the end anyway and lied his way to getting that war sold.

Quote:
The Iraq war is in its final stages.

No thanks to Obama. We are leaving the last possible day we could on a timeline Bush signed. What are you giving Obama credit for here? He kept us there till the very last minute he could and is trying to negotiate an extension. Exactly what is he doing differently from Bush here?

Quote:
Afghanistan is a mess, of course, but the effort has been towards getting out.

He escalated the assassinations. What exactly are you giving him credit for? He made the decision for America to start killing more people, and the hatred of the US in Pakistan has spiked since he took office. Name just one thing he did in any way that is the slightest bit anti-war here.

Why are you saying he's not continuing these wars when he is not only doing so but escalating them?

Quote:
Libya is the only one of those that he instigated, and that was relatively quick and relatively effective.

1) Just because he didn't instigate the war in Afghanistan does not mean he is not responsible for deciding to kill more Afghans in our name.

2) Just because a war is effectively prosecuted does not make it moral. He lied to America, the UN and the world to sell this war (as a "no fly zone"). This undermined (to a much lesser degree than Bush) the UN and people are dying today in Syria, because China and Russia feel like idiots for allowing that resolution that NATO promptly took as a license for regime change yet again.

When Bush was lying his way to sell wars liberals called him out for it, and liberals should not give Obama a pass for his prevarications about this war.

Quote:
The Nobel Peace Prize was stupid, I'm more annoyed at the committee than Obama about that though.

Of course. They made the entire prize worthless for decades now. But Obama is certainly to blame for being the warmonger that makes the prize inappropriate even if he's not to blame for having received it.

Quote:
As far as I can tell they were trying to impact world affairs by guilting him into a certain course of action.

Too bad it didn't work. Obama came into office and America started killing more people. I, for one, do not want America killing more people and thusly hold Obama in low esteem for deciding that our country should kill more, not less, people than it had been.

It deserves to be said: Obama is yet another American chicken-hawk.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 08:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't believe I've ever claimed to know what the American people are thinking. I've only expressed my own opinions.

And pray tell, who is more to blame for the poor economy? All the recent polls I've seen lay a bit more blame on Bush than Obama. And polls comparing Obama and Congress typically blame Congress more....Too bad that neither Bush nor Congress is running against Obama next year.

I'm still looking for that poll that blames one of the Repub candidates...
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 05:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
What bills? Seriously. You tell me what bills they put forward which were designed to do what you say. I am asserting that they put forward no such bills at all, and that you are simply making this up.

There's a dozen or more stalled bills to reduce government regulation burden from business, but the Senate-stalled bills that resonate more with me are the following:

Small Company Capital Formation Act
H.R. 1070

Small Banks' Access to Capital Act
H.R. 1965

Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act
H.R. 2930

Access to Capital for Job Creators Act
H.R. 2940

Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act
H.R. 3012

Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011
H.R. 2021

North American-Made Energy Security Act
H.R. 1938

Budget for Fiscal Year 2012
H.Con.Res. 34

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:50 am
@slkshock7,
Quote:

There's a dozen or more stalled bills to reduce government regulation burden from business

Ah, gotcha. See, nobody actually believes that these bills are intended to 'create jobs.' And there's very little evidence that they WILL create jobs. Instead, it's just more of the same from the GOP - cut taxes, cut regulations. The same prescription for any problem.

The problem we face right now is not over-taxation or over-regulation. It's a lack of demand. You can't solve that problem by cutting regulations. The GOP is simply seizing upon this financial crisis as an excuse to pass the same programs that they've always wanted to pass, despite a lack of evidence that they would solve the crisis.

And adding in the FY12 budget is a joke. I should point out that Reid didn't refuse to have a vote on the Ryan 2012 budget in the slightest - it was voted down by the Senate back in May. So it really shouldn't be on your list.

Why can't you, and your caucus, take this stuff seriously? Why is any problem an excuse to push for lower taxes - the only thing they give a **** about, and something which has not been shown to increase employment?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 12:15 am
HE FOUND HIS VOICE!

Which has been declared on numerous occassions since he ran for the presidency.

Unfortunately for America, the declarations have, in the main, been coming from the MSM.

I think back to to the first Kerry/Bush debate during which W appeared to be an inarticulate fool. In the post debate splurge, Sean Hannity said something to the effect of "I have never head the president (W) speak more eloquently."

Bullshit then, bullshit now.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:13 am

Back in February 2009 Obama said the following:
If this economy hasn’t rebounded in three years, I’m a one-termer.

Americans must hold him accountable.

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:48 am
@H2O MAN,

Laughing I see that A2Ks libtards don't want to be reminded of what PrezBO said back in 2009... 1 term - that's all.
0 Replies