What are some good resources for drawing cartoony fight scenes?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:08 am
I am looking for sources to draw cartoon fighting poses, things like jump kicks like this one:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltvymmRWjp1qz9it1o1_500.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:10 am
@JGoldman10,
It seems here that may have you googled a bar fight scene because you couldn't draw one. Take the time to practice drawing one yourself. Your behavior demonstrates OCD.

Can you draw a lick or can't you? don't take the time to argue here. Just draw and stop avoiding the work. Can success scare you that badly?

Then again, all that fighting is un-Christian. Maybe all that hypocricy is holding you back?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:11 am
@saab,
I CAN AND I WILL- that is why I am DOING RESEARCH ON THIS STUFF AND ASKING PEOPLE.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:12 am
@Ragman,
I have some artwork made up. I just want some help getting resources.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:13 am
@JGoldman10,
That is not research..it's avoidance.

Ok -- enough circular arguments. Frankly, you just aren't worth the time as you can't be reasoned with..at all.

I'm off to the beach to walk my dog. I feel the need for fresh air and sunshine.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:13 am
@Ragman,
I know how to draw some fight scenes- I want to make them look right.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:16 pm
@saab,
Ever watch Looney Tunes? Speedy Gonzales cartoons and Pepe Le Pew cartoons take place in Mexico and France.
Ever watch the Austin Powers movies? They did some general research on the cultures they were representing in those movies.
I am going to do more research on foreign countries when I write stories that take place there.

As I told you in another thread I can get help with slang translations and I am basing some characters on real gangs and other baddies. Young people in foreign countries use slang. If they don't have gangs I can invent some other villains. I can ask people about their customs or look it up.

You are making what I am doing seem more complex then it has to be.
saab

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
You are making what I am doing seem more complex then it has to be.

No, I don´t. I am warning you as you don´t know what kind of work you are getting into and you refuse to listen to anybody but yourself. You know best all the time no matter what others tell you.

1. You have to know a language very very well to be able to use slang correctly.
2. The customs might vary in a large country depending on were you live.
3. You have to know a city very well to know what part of a city is the right one to live in. You have to know the streets and roads etc .......
4. If you think you can get all the right information just by asking some forum you are wrong.
5. If you ask the same three questions to someone in Rosengarden, Malmö,
the Golfcourse in Halmstad, Järntorget, Gothenburg and Djurgarden Stockholm you probably would get four different answers. How will you know which ones are the real good ones for your guys??? You don´t know the country, the language nor the young people.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:34 pm
@saab,
That is why I can go to TRANSLATION SITES AND LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTIC SITES and ask people for help with slang. I am aware about the different dialects that people use.

That is WHY I consult foreign language slang dictionaries and other slang books.

I can ask people on sites like Yahoo! Answers and Ask Answers for help with slang.

I have asked for help with slang on culture forums and have gotten help with slang on such forums.

I am aware of the different dialects that people use - I did research on this a while ago.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:43 pm
@saab,
I can go to different sites and ask people about their customs or look it up.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:48 pm
@saab,
Lost in details? I have done some research on how people in other countries dress and asked questions about it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:55 pm
@saab,
It's like talking to a wall, izn't it?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 02:59 pm
@Ragman,
You are commenting on how violent some cartoons are. I mentioned Darkwing Duck- Negaduck was one of the most dangerous villains in that show. He used a chainsaw:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3483/negaduckwithmoneyandchainsaw5f.png

blow torchs:

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/7946/negaduck1zh0.jpg

bazookas:

http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/86709303/19114015

He used Sherman tanks:
http://imageshack.us/f/468/negaduck174ar.png

and various other weapons of mass destruction. He was dubbed a homicidal maniac.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
So the point has been..and will be...why would you want to emulate such non-Chrisitan violence? You don't make a lick of sense!
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:10 pm
@Ragman,
I am not going to have my characters kill each other. I am going to have them use more humane ways to fight each other.

You remind me of someone I knew years ago when I was in school who asked me "why are my drawings so violent"? My mother asked me "why do my characters look so mean?"- I have toned that down.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:21 pm
@saab,
I have friends from foreign countries whom I can talk to if I want help with foreign culture stuff. That is how filmmakers do research.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Wasting my breath and time here. Carry on.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:30 pm
@Ragman,
If any characters use guns they can use tranquilizer guns instead of regular guns, for example.

The characters will not use weapons if they fight.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
Hey JG

What did you answer your Mother when she asked you that? And your teachers?

If you don't mind me asking.
Ragman

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 03:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
You're a phoney hypocrite. So ..let's see... if your characters don't kill someone with their guns or they use their fists...then it's OK? Violence of the sort you are talking about is very un-Christian - regardless of the outcome - isn't it, son of a preacher?