Are col-erase and non-photo pencils the same thing?

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 01:16 am
Hi. I am interested in producing my own animation and comics, and I am in the market for new art pencils.

I know what non-photo pencils are- their lead does not show up when you photocopy it.

I know what non-photo blue pencils are.

Some artists use non-photo red ones also.

I am heard of col-erase pencils, but are col-erase and non-photo pencils the same thing?

I should know this- I haven't kept with this stuff in years.

I need to know this- I am trying to find an online retailer who sells non-photo red pencils.

Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,202 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 03:25 am
@JGoldman10,
I googled colour erase pencils definition and this was the first thing that popped up. They can just be rubbed out, nothing about them not showing up on photocopies.

https://www.chromacolour.co.uk/animationsupplies/animation-pens-pencils-markers/animation-pencils/colerase/pencil-group.html
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 10:24 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have heard of col-erase pencils, but are col-erase and non-photo pencils the same thing?

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2019 04:13 pm
Does anyone here know where I can buy non-photo RED pencils?
I've been trying to find an online vendor that sells those.

Non-photo blue pencils are easy to get.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:57 pm
I contacted Prismacolor. According to a company rep I spoke with over the phone, Prismacolor Premier Col-Erase Carmine Red (20045) is a non-photo red pencil.
0 Replies