Insomnia

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 12:50 pm
dlowan wrote:
Any sleep yet, Craven?????

Yep, I can't do much more than three days without falling asleep whether I like it or not. But then I oversleep and the cycle continues.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:03 pm
Craven--

I expect you feel the same loathing about sleeping pills that you do about owing money. Still, on a short-term basis, sleeping pills could help if you will then eschew the heading delights of 48-72 hours awake.

I'm feeling a little witchy today, so I'm going to point out that of Triple Sunrise Marathons are a perogative of the young. You can skip days, but not years.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 01:27 pm
Sleeping pills don't seem to have an effect on me. <shrugs> At least all the ones I have taken.

Neither does coffee and such for that matter.

For me, it's always been stay awake till you drop dead. Then sleep and repeat.

The trick seems to be to limit myself to between 4-5 hours of sleep a night. That way I will be tired enough to go to bed the next night.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:23 pm
Hmmmm - I am a bit the same, dammit....only exercise seems to make a difference.

But, I used to have no ill effects from the almost no sleep thing - I just used to crash every now and then - now I get tired...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:35 pm
Recently had three weeks with nothing at all to do, and ideal conditions for sleeping. Caught up on a sleep deficit that's been nagging me for years and for years. I felt so good at the end of it...

Course, now I'm just sleep-lagged again. Used to have insomnia issues, but I 'spect it was mostly to do with being young and smoking and drinking and caffeinating and... well, not sleeping much, that's for sure.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 06:44 pm
ah, yes, drinking, famous waker upper/sleep ruiner. Sigh.
0 Replies