What articles of clothing are commonplace among tough guys & streetfighters (in comics)?

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:56 pm
@Questioner,
I grew up in the '80s and '90s. I know how people, esp. children and young people back then used to dress.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 02:58 pm
@shewolfnm,
I was going to ask you what do you think of my "black" characters, Puffy and Trump. You are inferring that I am plagarizing- I didn't trace anything, and my characters are copyrighted.
Questioner

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I grew up in the '80s and '90s. I know how people, esp. children and young people back then used to dress.

Irrelevant to anything that I said. Your straw men aren't so much propped up as embedded so deeply in bullshit as to have no alternative but to stand erect.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 03:13 pm
@Questioner,
I said the cultural references need to be more current.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:19 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I was going to ask you what do you think of my "black" characters, Puffy and Trump. You are inferring that I am plagarizing- I didn't trace anything, and my characters are copyrighted.

Not only is Puffy slang for gay, but Trump is a baby word for fart.

Oh, and Shewolf isn't inferring, that's what you're doing, she's implying.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:50 am
@izzythepush,
Dang learn something new every day:)

I don't like Puffy reminds me of a dentist anyways... Or too much alcohol, after a good night out.....
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 04:17 am
@FOUND SOUL,
It's easy to remember, implying is active, inferring passive. I always think of the film Wilt starring Ghriff Rees Jones and Mel Smith.
Smith; You're inferring we're all thick.
Jones; No, you're inferring, I'm implying you're all thick.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:18 am
@izzythepush,
Passive aggessive comes to mind...

I never saw that movie...

But that's assertive, wouldn't that be good ?

We should start a thread, change words maybe JG you could be more assertive?

As I said, you can certainly put together a good sentance when you want to, I've also noted you've tamed the aggressive, maybe you are Smith? But noting you are Jones..

That's good izzy...

JG needs to be assertive
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 06:23 am
@FOUND SOUL,
In the movie Smith plays a policeman interviewing Jones who plays a college lecturer Wilt. Wilt's wife has gone missing, he is suspected of her murder (in reality she's OK) and Smith has just come across notes on how stupid the police are.

I don't really identify with either character.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am writing these comics for KIDS. Children and teens use slang[/]. I am trying to make it appeal to them.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
I keep telling you, this the definition I am using:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puffy&page=2

puffy

noun=an extremely cool person.

nickname=a nickname for someone that demonstrates puff-like qualities (i.e: coolness, awesomeness, enthusiam)

That has NOTHING to do with being gay. You should ask black American youth about this if you don't believe me.

It can also mean:

A person who's got large muscles, but isn't cut up. Thus, the person ends up lookin swollen all over. Not necessarily fat.

trump:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trump

Informal . a fine person; brick.

Other definitions give trump as meaning a first-rate person.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am writing these comics for KIDS. Children and teens use slang. I am trying to make it appeal to them.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:20 pm
@JGoldman10,
Jesus Goldman said...
Quote:
Children and teens use slang.

Well I am Shocked!!!
Please can you provide me with some examples of this slang.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ignore the other post- that was an error.

JGoldman10 wrote:

I am writing these comics for KIDS. Children and teens use slang. I am trying to make it appeal to them.

I am aware that there might be some older people like you and Izzy who want to criticize about the use of slang. I am not using vulgar slang- I am keeping it clean.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well I said assertive Well that's sort of assertive when you put it in bold and not capitals

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
You are a pessimist- why do you assume the worst about the names I give my characters?
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:37 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
SIGH- then when I use CAPS when I am being assertive then people complain and accuse me of "trolling" or "being rude."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I keep telling you, this the definition I am using:

That's not the definition the kids will be using, they'll just infer he's gay, regardless of what you're trying to imply with a puffy name.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:39 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am USING SLANG- I AM USING YOUTH, STREET AND COLLEGE SLANG BUT I AM KEEPING IT CLEAN. I am TARGETING THIS COMIC TO KIDS.

If OLDER PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE IT THAT IS ON THEM.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 02:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You should ask black American youth about this if you don't believe me.

My daughter has, I'm too much of an old fart for that, and she assures me that they think of uphill gardening as well.