Cut your hair, ya damn hippie!

roger

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 11:29 pm
@dlowan,
Took me eleven pages to figure out what the thread was about, though.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 11:51 pm
@roger,
Something on the lines of getting a really good deal on a wash, hair cut, and perm or hair dying from Groupon at a trendy hair salon?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 11:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
So, you could have talked.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:12 am
@tsarstepan,
Yeah. Maybe that was it. Anyway, "hair", "hippie", somepin like that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 05:28 am
Obviously, the boy wants this because SATAN has taken over ! ! !

I've just read through this thread. What a fascinating window into the thoughts of our fellow members. How very unhelpful more than 90% of it is.

Boom has the best theads.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:53 am
@roger,
Quote:
So, does the kid get his ear pierced, or not?

Not.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 09:46 am
That reminds me. Time to get the clippers out and shave my head again.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 11:52 am
@boomerang,
hi all!
strange thread to come back to after ages, but i am quite happy to have found any interesting thread at all, this "new" (i know it's been years now) a2k is not very user friendly to this user.

i had my ears pierced when i was 4. i really wanted it, and mom took me. remember no issues around that. later, i did three more ear piercings myself, with a needle.

as for Mo, he might not be able to articulate his desire. when i was ten, i really really really wanted to do horseback riding. there were many sensible arguments against and my mom was decidedly opposed, for at least a year. i could not and actually still cannot explain why it was so important. but at some point it was ALL that i could think about, it was all-consuming. Finally mom allowed me to go in return for good grades and dad took me... and i did it for some four years. i'm still glad i did, although i was always terrified of horses at the same time. and i'm still glad she allowed me. i was always pretty stubborn and i would have probably rebelled if i was forbidden the prospect of horses once and for all.
i think especially kids that are somewhat introverted and have a strong sense of identity, awareness of self, such things can become crucial. it may be a trifle to others, or something bordering on a sin for others, but for him alone, it can be really really really important because...well he can't tell exactly why.
boomerang

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
@dagmaraka,
Hi dag! It's good to see you!

I still don't know why Mo wants it so bad and why Mr. B is so opposed. Luckily the topic isn't in rotation around the house right now.

You did make me remember my own ache for a "real" camera. And I do mean ache in the physical sense.

To this day I even remember a missed shot -- something I wanted to take a photo of so bad it seemed to crush my soul not to be able to do it.

I know I was a middle teenager when it happened. I was riding in the car with my mom down a particularly deserted urban street: 13th street between Peoria and Utica in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The street has steep hills and as we hit the bottom of a hill I looked up and there was the moon sitting right in the middle of the street. It was huge and bright and unexpected. Mom and I pulled over just to look.

It was probably February 26, 1975, the date of an extreme supermoon when I was 15.

37 years later I remember it like it was yesterday.
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:23 pm
@boomerang,
ah yes, it was a physical ache. matter of life and death almost.

anyhow, this seems to be a trifle in the big stream of things and those seem to flow pretty good for you. happy to see that all is well.
0 Replies

Hjarloprillar

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 07:01 am
So i still have long ahir.. [and not 'thin']

I cut i it every 2 or 3 months. And i do have a life where i have had a number 1 cut
Many times.
Most of the people who whine on long hair are pommies who go bald at 26.
LOL

Some women like long hair on men.. you loose.
Jesus had long hair.. Einstein and just about evreyone before 1901

why am i arguing with a

roger

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 02:23 pm
@Hjarloprillar,
Sure, Einstein had long hair. Looked like a feather duster struck by lightning, so if that's your role model, well, you better be real good at math.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 10:37 am
I came across this today, written by a 9 year old. I imagine this kid is kind of like Mo...

http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/045f5cae-3316-47fc-9506-3af14c7c5fc9.jpg
Irishk

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:12 am
@boomerang,
I think you have to click on youtube to watch. So funny. "Have you been tagged by the Wildlife Society?" lol.
boomerang

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:36 am
@Irishk,
Ha!

The other day Mo went to work with Mr. B. Mo and "K", one of the guys who works there, were out and about doing some stuff when they hatched a plan to call Mr. B and tell him that K had taken Mo to get his ear pierced and "please don't be mad....."

K said he'd told the shop that he was Mo's dad and they felt uncomfortable enough (K is an absolutely massive Samoan guy) that they didn't question it after Mo called him "dad".

They hadn't come back yet when I came in to pick Mo up and Mr. B was all freaked out, not knowing whether to believe them or not.

It was pretty funny.
0 Replies