2
   

Can Newt Gingrich Get Elected?

 
 
RexRed
 
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:09 pm
I personally will be voting for Barrack Obama come hell or high water (or the Aztec curse hehe). I don't care who the republicans run. I suggested that Gingrich run against Barrack Obama in the last presidential election but Newt had contracts that prohibited him from running. Sadly the republican party has taken so many hits because they allowed the Christian right (and the 1%) to irreparably tarnish their brand.

It is unfortunate because Gingrich seems "somewhat" bipartisan and knowledgeable. Gingrich calling gays and lesbians "militant" does not help one bit too... Regardless, Gingrich is the best the republicans have to offer. Gingrich once proposed legalizing marijuana. I think deep inside the guy is an independent thinker but he has wavered and lost sight of his own rational thinking such that his policies are too tied to the greedy (I don't give a damn about your healthcare) republicans. Considering how the republicans have trashed their own house, I would rather go somewhere else to visit and err... drink tea.

I trust Barrack Obama even if he has majority control of both the House and Senate. As for Newt, I think he has pandered too much to his own party and this signals a disingenuous streak. The "bought off" republican party has nothing going for them whatsoever and needs to be written complete out of the equation. In order for America and the middle class to once again prosper and restore itself in the world economies, the republicans have to go!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,075 • Replies: 34
No top replies

 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:19 pm
I just had too...
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:46 pm

If Newt gets the nomination
he certainly can win.

I 'd vote for him,
tho I 'd rather vote for someone who is more conservative.
He is only a moderate conservative.





David
MontereyJack
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:02 pm
He screwed the country royally the last time he had some hand in running it, and he has huge unfavorability ratings, which puts him solidly in line with the capabilities of the other Republican candidates. Sure go ahead and nominate him and go down in flames again this election, fine with me.
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


If Newt gets the nomination
he certainly can win.

I 'd vote for him,
tho I 'd rather vote for someone who is more conservative.
He is only a moderate conservative.





David


Not me, I will have no part in this republican crucible. I believe in liberty (gay marriage and rights), woman's rights, a robust middle class and freedom of or from religion. I don't want religions writing textbooks for secular science studies. Whole states imploding under religious fanaticism. I don't want racism everywhere I turn as they have done in the south with their "please don't feed the homeless" and other hateful slogans... The republicans would just as soon segregate and label people all over again. Their dis-concern and treatment of the very people washing their dirty laundry and scrubbing their toilets that they underpay because they are too rich to pay normal wages... Something is wrong here David.

One day the republicans when they thought it prudent came after the gays in my state denying us gay marriage. I never saw it coming... Next they will be coming after YOU with their rewritten protestant bibles (that they ignore mostly) and mumbo jumbo speaking in tongues. See where your "more conservative" vote gets you then. I don't claim to be of a perfectly sound mind myself but voting for these kooks is stupidity.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:30 pm
@RexRed,
I will vote FOR individual freedom
and against liberalism.

( Liberalism includes theocracy because that is a deviation from the paradigm.)




David
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

He screwed the country royally the last time he had some hand in running it, and he has huge unfavorability ratings, which puts him solidly in line with the capabilities of the other Republican candidates. Sure go ahead and nominate him and go down in flames again this election, fine with me.


I don't think there is a single republican person in the country capable of running it, other than into the ground. Just look at what Walker has done to Wisconsin, promising them jobs while stripping away their bargaining rights, the old bait and switch routine. This is not only thievery but social injustice. Bush sold the tax cuts for the rich to the American people the same way he sold the Iraq war... With lies.

Not to mention what John Kasich has tried to do to Ohio. While these republicans shield the 1% from even paying taxes more and more veterans become homeless. Their concerted effort to rip off the middle class is quite obvious. While oil companies rake in the profits and hang on to tax payer subsidies fueled by the middle class, average everyday working class people can't even pay for a single Dr's visit. And the republicans cry because we use middle class tax money to feed the poor and offer them healthcare. They call this socialism? The republicans complain about wealth distribution while they do everything in their power to take taxes from the poor and middle class and give them to the rich oil companies. The oil companies should pay these back. Socialized healthcare paid for by everyone? No, they would rather hike their private medical prices and offer them useless insurance so that small amount needed to collectively pay for good healthcare ends up also in some fat cats pocket in the private sector with no intention of actually providing them actual health care at all. This money then ends up in the election cycle to elect their puppet politicians. Enough...
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I will vote FOR individual freedom
and against liberalism.

( Liberalism includes theocracy because that is a deviation from the paradigm.)




David


I disagree, please explain. Liberty is a theocracy? Poppycock.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:12 pm
@RexRed,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I will vote FOR individual freedom
and against liberalism.

( Liberalism includes theocracy because that is a deviation from the paradigm.)




David
RexRed wrote:


I disagree, please explain. Liberty is a theocracy? Poppycock.
NO. Theocracy is not liberty; theocracy is liberal
because it deviates from the secular paradigm of the Founders.





David
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


OmSigDAVID wrote:

I will vote FOR individual freedom
and against liberalism.

( Liberalism includes theocracy because that is a deviation from the paradigm.)




David
RexRed wrote:


I disagree, please explain. Liberty is a theocracy? Poppycock.
NO. Theocracy is not liberty; theocracy is liberal
because it deviates from the secular paradigm of the Founders.





David


Liberty is accompanied by the pursuit of happiness (for all) thus it has it boundaries too. I can't see how forcing people into a theocracy represents liberty or liberalism. Secular rule can still contain freedom of religion within. It is just that no laws are to be made to dictate any particular religious sect or creed. Science has abolished most religion anyway due to blatantly errant theology.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:32 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Liberty is accompanied by the pursuit of happiness (for all) thus it has it boundaries too.
No. If someone is alone in a vast, open space,
he can have plenty of liberty with no boundaries.





David
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

RexRed wrote:
Liberty is accompanied by the pursuit of happiness (for all) thus it has it boundaries too.
No. If someone is alone in a vast, open space,
he can have plenty of liberty with no boundaries.





David


But we are not alone, although the Mormons would like to think so. The folks at Waco Texas thought they were alone and remember it was a liberal president that demonstrated that point moot. When I came to A2k I was a conservative with no boundaries. The same exact thing can be said when you have nothing to contrast, then fabrications, fantasy and things like racism, hate and spaghetti monsters seem real.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:47 pm
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... each don't stand on their own... they require each other to have meaning. The truth is in the synergy.
BillRM
 
  0  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sure David I would turn the country over to a man who try to get divorce settlement papers sign as his wife was in the recovery from a cancer op.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:38 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... each don't stand on their own... they require each other to have meaning.
Does that mean that someone in jail is not alive??
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:43 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Sure David I would turn the country over to a man who try to get
divorce settlement papers sign as his wife was in the recovery from a breast cancer op.
Well, did ethics (Monica) prevent Clinton from murdering Sammy Weaver, or
the innocent people in David Koresh's place in Waco,
or prevent Clinton from sending Elian Gonzales to live a life in communist slavery???????

His shortcomings did not interfere, preventing Clinton from functioning on the job.





David
BillRM
 
  0  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes it is a damn shame that we allow the father to reclaimed his son from a drunken great uncle living off his wife and daughter and his nerve break down a week daughter.

As far as the other nonsense it is too crazy to even reply to.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 12:58 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Yes it is a damn shame that we allow the father to reclaimed his son
from a drunken great uncle living off his wife and daughter and his nerve break down a week daughter.
Yes; living in communist slavery he is now as if he had been convicted of murders in America.

His father is much worse than a simple drunk: he is a communist!

Elian shoud live in personal freedom. Without freedom, life is not worthwhile.

I sure woud rather live with a drunken uncle, Bill, than to live in slavery, as Elian now does.
I 'll drink to that !





David
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

RexRed wrote:
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... each don't stand on their own... they require each other to have meaning.
Does that mean that someone in jail is not alive??


It probably means that a jury and/or judge found they violated the sense and sentiment of the law. Are you suggesting that felons and murderers be allowed to continue their crime sprees? There is a balance to liberty and justice, it is not simply a one sided affair.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  0  
Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
His father is much worse than a simple drunk: he is a communist!

Elian shoud live in personal freedom. Without freedom, life is not worthwhile.


LOL so no one with a political outlook you do not approved of should be allow to raised his or her children.

So only right wing republicans should be allow to raised their own children David?

From all reports the boy is doing just fine in Cuba.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Oddities and Humor - Discussion by edgarblythe
Let's play "Caption the Photo" II - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading*** - Discussion by JerryR
Caption The Cartoon - Discussion by panzade
Geek and Nerd Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux - Discussion by panzade
IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
2008 Election: Political Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Can Newt Gingrich Get Elected?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/15/2020 at 08:34:49