If an anorexic is tube fed in a treatment center, how many calories does he/she receive daily?

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:50 pm
If an anorexic refuses to eat or drink a supplemental drink (i.e. Ensure) and is fed by a feeding tube in a treatment center or during a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold, how many calories does he/she receive daily from the feeding tube?

I hope anorexics don't get very many calories from a feeding tube daily.

Thank you.

View best answer, chosen by ihearthelord
Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:54 pm
@ihearthelord,
Quote:
I hope anorexics don't get very many calories from a feeding tube daily.

Why? Don't you want them to stay alive?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:57 pm
I heart he lord? We may have a fanatic on our hands.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:59 pm
@Setanta,
In more ways than one.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:02 pm
@Green Witch,
I say 3211. Am I close enough to win the pprize. The prize is a large McRib sammich
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:03 pm
@Green Witch,
Yup . . . actually was bein' nice . . . if you read that as "I hear the lord," then we know we've got a nut bar on the line. The boy's hearin' voices.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:08 pm
@ihearthelord,
Anorexic saints prefer to be tube fed thistle seed oil.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:09 pm
Apparently, Chris here didn't care for the responses he (?) got. He started another thread.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Both threads popped up at the same time. Like a lot of newbies who think they did something wrong if they can't immediately see their post and try again.

I prefer to treat a post like this seriously. Having worked with anorexic girls, this poster might be trying to figure out a way to beat the system and burn off any calories forced into her body. She (I'm betting it's a female) is using some technical language. Granted, she could also be studying for some type of nursing test and is trying to grab a few answers here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:28 pm
That's a good point, but the "I hear the lord" BS is disturbing. If the author is the one in a temporary commitment and is trying to avoid the feeding tube, with a name like that, you do have to wonder what her (?) motivation is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:29 pm
By the way, 5150 as a name for a temporary commitment places the action in California, for what that's worth, if anything.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:13 pm
@Setanta,
I don't think the poster is coming back. She either passed out from hunger, guessed at the test answer or was raptured.
0 Replies

Leah5454
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 09:50 am
@ihearthelord,
You know, this website was not created for non answers! It was made to get answers not wicked remarks so I will go ahead and give one.

I am taking a guess here, the calories are determined depending on how much weight they need to gain. In some cases, they are started off slowly, 1000 calories a day. Ideally, a healthy person requires 1600-2000 per day.

Lastly,
Psalms 10:
In pride, the wicked holy pursue the afflicted;
Let them be caught in the plots which they have devised.
For the wicked boasts of his heart's desires, And the greedy man
curses and spurns the Lord
chai2

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:35 am
@Leah5454,
Leah5454 wrote:

You know, this website was not created for non answers!

and you base that upon....?
0 Replies