OK, KIDS, LET'S ALL PLAY NICE

Roberta

Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:26 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie, You've outdone yourself. Actually, you've outdone everyone. Good for you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:33 pm
@GracieGirl,
OK, Gracie Rules ! ! ! (Racists drool)

You win, Darlin' . . . somebody give that girl a cee-gar!
Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Nov, 2011 02:38 pm
@Setanta,
If I had some (free) hands http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/2098.gif I certainly would do so.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:04 pm
YAY!! I WIN! I WIN!

Haha! I really love you guys! Mr. Green Very Happy
http://www.layoutlocator.com/graphics/dldimg/a339627da0d8f23b9063c029b537ffc3_love_my_friends-1057.gif

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 28 Nov, 2011 08:27 am
allllllrighty then...

shewolfnm

Mon 28 Nov, 2011 08:28 am
I like jgoldman.
Because of his odd personality , aggressive and offensive posting style, he ALWAYS gives very interesting things to read even though most of it is repetitive.. its still very funny to watch most of those conversations unroll.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 28 Nov, 2011 08:32 am
i like edgar have a number of people whos posts I follow, but dont respond to.
I dont post very much anymore, but I read like crazy. So for that i will say that I really do appreciate all here. Everyone gives something that keeps this site going. You all give me good coffee reading in the mornings, good debates to carry to my family , good pieces of humor, and good points to piss me off and make me argue.

I cant point to just one person. We dont have the group of funnies here anymore ( though slappy to me was king, second only to gus..) but, its still fun no matter what.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 28 Nov, 2011 09:31 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:
i like edgar have a number of people whos posts I follow, but dont respond to.
I dont post very much anymore, but I read like crazy. So for that i will say that I really do appreciate all here. Everyone gives something that keeps this site going. You all give me good coffee reading in the mornings, good debates to carry to my family, good pieces of humor, and good points to piss me off and make me argue.

I cant point to just one person. We dont have the group of funnies here anymore ( though slappy to me was king, second only to gus..) but, its still fun no matter what.
For what it might be worth:
I always champion the cause of personal, Individual FREEDOM.
I think that's a big and very important thing.

David
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
FOUND SOUL

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 04:54 am
@Hjarloprillar,
Let's play nice? Smile

See i try but then I read this ? When I am asked "specifically" to read your posts...

Shakes head...
0 Replies

Fido

Wed 28 Dec, 2011 09:53 am
@Hjarloprillar,
Hjarloprillar wrote:

I have little to say to a bunch of attention seeking sycophants.
Its.. " he said then she said"

I play with reality. Gravity EM and structure
not other peoples feelings that are not mine to play with.
Only a fool spends their life on the lives of others [control]

The physical world, reality, as you have it does not present to people the sort of problems that people do with all their various and flawed senses of morals... I do not want to control people any more than I wish to be controlled... I would say I would much prefer that reason control each of us did I not recognize reason as only a means very often unreasonable people use to reach their irrational ends... What I would like to see, and it is a lot like picking corn out of ****, is a means of determining if people are morally flawed, or a way of keeping them from becoming morally flawed, or a means of bring them back to virtue once they have become flawed in the morals... Part of the reason civilizations fail is their flawed morals, and those who lead us are more flawed than most of the followers, and this goes on until no one has a fair understanding of or a claim upon justice... This moment even, not one of us can get up and call for justice... Had I not always profitted so much from injustice I would myself demand it from some mountain top; but to do so now would sweep me off the face of the earth... We are all rotten... We are all corrupt... We are all the result of vice and flawed morals... All we can do is look at those who control our lives and say their morals are worse... What if they are better because they take care of their families and class while we do not???... What if their morals are better because they make common cause against the democratic rabble, and help us to our destruction by selling us immorality??? I would agree that if we can show no self control, as morality is, then we have no right to self government... But the fact remains that our unwillingness to show self control, and morality is not enough excuse for people to control us and make us their slaves... Our immorality makes our slavery possible, but it does not justify it because if we had ultimate control of our actions I think we might learn to act morally, and the lack of freedom means immorality has no consequences not already suffered... Does that make sense???
0 Replies

FashionRCD

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 08:12 am
@Setanta,
Let's play lego .
0 Replies

FashionRCD

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 08:21 am
@shewolfnm,
THEN?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 09:00 am
Ah. The nice thread. Obviously not begun after the rancor of the political season got in full swing. But now that I got the floor (and I haven't even been drinking to wind up down here) I need to say that all you political people are sincere in your devout devouring of one another and I will still respect you in the morning, because you want what is best for your country. As do we all, even the nutsiest among us.
thack45

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 09:05 am
@edgarblythe,
I want what's best for big businesses
edgarblythe

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 09:06 am
@thack45,
Well, maybe not all the nutsiest. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 10:20 am
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13882635_1640327039330076_2731038790441715374_n.jpg?oh=06ec3f4fb76fefcaf5ad29af0caec027&oe=5823D268
cicerone imposter

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 10:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Unfortunately, when I fell, it was cement. My wife had to take me to emergency.
edgarblythe

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 10:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry. I didn't know about that.
cicerone imposter

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 10:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Not anything for you to apologize for. Your floor story just reminded me of that incident many years ago.