OK, KIDS, LET'S ALL PLAY NICE

edgarblythe

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 07:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Found Soul, because he/she said something nice about me - unprovoked.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 08:16 am
I live with Morgan but don’t hold that against me.
wandeljw

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 09:11 am
@MMarciano,
MMarciano at the very least deserves the same respect that EhBeth got for living with Setanta. Smile
mismi

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:15 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I've never quite grasped how someone as level-headed as ebeth could cope with one as mercurial as Setanta. There are those who see me as a bit testy and irritable, but next to ole Set I am a model of sweet amiability. He does have his redeeming pointsd, but sometimes they are hard to see. So.... I propose, hats off to ebeth, a model combination of insight, endurance and female strength
!

I like cranky. It is highly entertaining to me. Especially when there is intelligence and occasional glimpses of kindness. Smile

Goodness - there are so many folks I like on A2K. I could go on and on.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
georgeob1

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:12 pm
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
0 Replies

Fido

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:22 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

This thread is not my idea, you can thank Thack for this. The purpose of this thread is to say something nice about the other members (either those who show up here, or anyone whom you would like to praise). So, i'll start it off--by and large, my experience of Thack is that, although having a trenchant sense of humor, and seemingly unwilling to suffer fools, he (?) is consistently courteous, and certainly doesn't engage in flame wars.
What idea was yours???Ever???
0 Replies

Fido

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Well I'll add that Setanta is occasionally not the snarling, irritable flamer he usually is.
I would love to pick his brains, but envy will not let me, and I mean his, and not mine...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:34 pm
@wandeljw,
MMarciano lives with Setanta ?

Setanta

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Why wasn't i told about this?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 03:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Sorry, EhBeth. My bad. You were supposed to be the last to find out.
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 24 Nov, 2011 05:01 pm
I'm often reasonably nice. Why do I have to play nice here?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:47 am
This is a classic Setanta thread.

He invites people to tell him why they might think he is not playing nice and as soon as they do, he drops the Pooch Bomb on them: "**** you you ******* idiot!"

I admire the audacity of this thread, but recognize that Pooch cannot possibly give a **** about personal growth. He has black powder running through his veins.

Poor sad man.

dlowan

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
That wasn't nice.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:10 am
@dlowan,
You're right.

Especially considering how nice Pooch has been to me.

Since he has consistently been one of my primary supporters, one would expect more gratitude from me.

I admit dlowan that I am an ingrate when it comes to Pooch, because he is a huge supporter of me.

I just can't help it.

When I see asshole, I don't think, I react.
dlowan

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:17 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gasp! It's confession time!

On ya Fizz!
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:19 am
@dlowan,
So cool you!
dlowan

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:35 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
How could anyone resist a set up line like that!
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:32 am
Turd stirrers and rhetoical cowards notwithstanding, the purpose of this thread was for people to say nice things about one another. It was not a set up, it was started in response to a post by Thack in another thread, which is what i said in the opening post.

Several people have taken it at face value, and said nice things about other members. Those who do otherwise glaringly advertise their own character faults, for whatever they may say about mine.

Miss Lowan has a wry wit, and usually isn't nasty, although she is seldom nice. There will usually be some fun to be had from her posts.
hawkeye10

Fri 25 Nov, 2011 05:02 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Turd stirrers and rhetoical cowards notwithstanding, the purpose of this thread was for people to say nice things about one another.
Next time you launch a reputation revamp effort make sure you take in the ENTIRE lesson from the consultants.....you were supposed to try to keep the "nice" mojo going.