Does anyone have any advice about going back to college?

firefly

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 08:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
The only reason that people allude to your past behavior is because you are repeating the same patterns on this site.

You can't go on forum sites and preach just because you feel "led to preach". That's not the purpose of these sites, including this one. They are for people to discuss topics, they are not your personal pulpit. And, to the extent you try to use them as your personal pulpit, you will only antagonize other users of the site, and either get booted out (as has happened to you in the past), or you'll become an object of ridicule, as has often happened on this site. And, rather than convince others of the positive aspects of your religion, your "preaching" has quite the opposite effect because you come off as closed-minded and abrasive--so your tactics are counter-productive to your own goals of spreading the Word. You wind up being self-defeating, and your tendency to be self-defeating seems to permeate everything you do, or try to do.

Unlike Hawkeye, I do not think you are a lost cause. I think you could benefit from professional help and I think you could benefit from listening to some of the good advice that people here have offered to you. But, JG, you have to let down your guard long enough to start listening to the people who are really trying to help you. Stop being so immediately defensive and just start listening. You don't have to agree, but you do need to listen and let what people are saying to you sink in.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 08:26 am
@firefly,
There is no rule about it and I am not going to deny God in front of others. As I told you what I did or didn't do on OTHER SITES is not your business or concern.

I do not need people trying to "volunteer" stuff about me and trying to open up a can of worms - that is an invasion of privacy and that is asking for trouble.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2011 08:47 am
@JGoldman10,
No-one is asking you to deny God, but there's a time and a place. There's loads of threads about Atheism and Christianity, but I've never seen you contribute to any of them.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 03:13 am
@izzythepush,
I have to admit JG, I also 2 days ago searched those areas to see if you were posting there and noted you didn't.

Maybe you are a "quiet" one unless you are in control, it belongs to you and you only...

Is there a reason? Just curious
0 Replies