Does anyone have any advice about going back to college?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:00 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I am not planning on returning to school to find a wife. I want to further my art training. I would like to get a second degree in Illustration and Cartooning.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
The quote of mine regarding the wife? There was a spammer above my post who linked wedding photos....it's been deleted since.

However, the Universe pushes you in the right direction, when you are seeking something. If there are Christians there, it's not to say that you won't find someone to fall in love with, could be someone's sister.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Why were you TROLLING my other thread?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Pointing out flaws and suggesting that man has changed the Bible's words, somewhat in "my opinion" is not Trolling JG.

Trying to get you to have a life, live whilst keeping a belief, is not trolling either JG.

If you become obsessed, with something.... Well, isn't that more like the Devil trying to win.... You are obsessed and state you fear God....
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
God's Word is the same today, yesterday and forever - it hasn't changed. Any Christian pastor will tell you that.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
And so it was written.

But, if you have a problem, are you not meant to pray? Ask and you shall receive, if you believe.

That's his words.

The Bible could have been doctored, absolutely, like I said you can't prove me wrong I can't prove you right, well I can when I get up there, I'll ask him.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You are supposed to pray - you are to pray without ceasing.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Now I lay me down to sleep.

That and "Dear Lord, please help him"

And then, "Universe, I want three sales this month I know it will happen"

And, so it did. Apart from that, you LIVE .... better away from a computer constantly and have a life.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I have too much work to do. I spend a large part of my time getting research done. If I am not online I am at the library.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 04:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have too much work to do. I spend a large part of my time getting research done. If I am not online I am at the library.

As of a few weeks ago you were claiming that you were often at work...did you lose your job?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:48 am
http://www.wethegamerz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bull-****.jpg
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:43 pm
@firefly,
I GIVE A CRAP WHAT YOU THINK.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I would like to go back to my old college to get a second degree in Illustration/Cartooning. I was an Animation major - I want to go back to school to further my art training to do comics. I was contemplating either doing that or just taking Continuing Education courses in Illustration/Cartooning - unfortunately, my school doesn't have on online program where I can get the training I need. I have to take care of financial aid issues. My old school is downstate - they don't offer a discount commute program either. Right now, if I could go back, I am also wondering if I would have enough time to make the commute from the local buses to the subway downstate to get to school ontime. I have to find out about the bus company's local student discount program. I know the buses downstate offered student discounts for bus passes. Right now, I am figuring out what to do to further my art training in the meantime. There was a local art school I went to to take classes a few years ago but they closed down because the person who ran the school is not a full-time student. I was trying to find out about online programs to further my art training- I was looking at online programs to get a second degree but if you have student loan issues they aren't going to let people do that unless you are taking care of that first. I was trying to find out about drawing classes in my local area, and other venues to further my art training. There is the Kubert School of Cartooning, which offers a program to further your art training, which you can do from home, and The Art Instructional Schools. AIS is the company that has those free art tests people take and evaluate and they have a two-year program in which people can further their art training.

Do you have any advice concerning any of this?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
In your situation, in my opinion... You have a desire, goal which is good, but you have from what you are saying financial woes which may restrict you.

If that was me, the first step for me would be to go out of my way to find any work that will pay off that loan, so that the choices that I have are varied as apposed to restricted.

To be successful at something you do never stop learning.

But, to become successful in a field, you have to sometimes take steps back to go forward..

At this point money, income, clearing debts is your priority.

From there you will obviously then have more choices...

I studied for a Diploma in Business at 40, passed.. That opened the door to my own business instead of working for someone... That was my goal.

Follow your dreams, but be realistic in how you are going to get there.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:27 pm
I saw somewhere online a Marvel Comics artist talking about free online tutorials i think on the Marvel website dealing with a lot of aspects of creating and publishing comics. FREE things don't worry about whether you have outstanding student loans. have you checked Marvel out?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
I HATE Marvel - I would rather do something DC-related.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Applying for more financial aid won't be a problem if I am making an effort to take care of past debts. There is a consolidation program will let you go back to school or get a second degree and apply for more aid if you make nine consecutive payments. You have to take that up with the lenders you originally borrowed from.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Finances suck there is always another bill around the corner.

Let's say you achieved all of this, and wrote a comic, publishing, paper, editors, distribution, advertising, etc...requires money.

What type of work could you do, that would allow you to put money aside for that day...taking out more loans gets you more in debt.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Grants are monies you don't have to pay back.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
In your situation, in my opinion... You have a desire, goal which is good, but you have from what you are saying financial woes which may restrict you.

If that was me, the first step for me would be to go out of my way to find any work that will pay off that loan, so that the choices that I have are varied as apposed to restricted.

That is excellent advice, Found Soul. Unfortunately, JG is unlikely to take it.

Of course he should be paying off those loans. And he should be working at any job he can find to do that.

Instead of taking care of his past obligations and debts first, he's busy doing "research", or thinking about bus schedules, or expecting someone to hand him a grant (no doubt based on his past track record of accomplishment, or his obvious talent and ambition Rolling Eyes).
Quote:
Follow your dreams, but be realistic in how you are going to get there.

One of his main problems is how unrealistic he is. JG believes he can substitute the power of prayer for actual hard work and the realities of life. He forgets that God helps those who help themselves.

He just spins his wheels and gets nowhere.